THE BROWNS BOARD

2016 Browns draft

ameer

JMHO, if Gordon is reinstated, and he will be, our receivers are just fine. I'm hoping for big things for Pryor. The kid is off-the-charts in athleticism and if power-forwards from basketball can become great tight-ends, the sky's the limit for Pryor.

yep....I got hope for both of them and have assumed that Farmer is waiting for Josh to return....

Just cannot say that I have "faith" in either one as our #1.......Gordon is a huge question mark and Pryor has yet to catch one pass in the NFL.....so he's just a project and not someone who we can really count on to be productive....

None the less.....fingers crossed.....cause if they BOTH show up....watch out....;)

I'm going to state the absurd obvious, but we need PLAY MAKERS on this team. I know that's the goal of every draft, so don't shoot me, but good lord...

How many 3rd and longs did we give up on defense? Can we not have ONE guy deflect a pass? Make the tackle short of the sticks? Break up a pass WITHOUT a penalty? Disrupt a route? Sack *gasp* the quarterback? If I never see Bademosi playing defensive back again, I'd be a happy man.

And on offense...can we get a guy who can catch a less than perfect pass? That can break a tackle and hit the jets?

I realize that Seattle is an extremely talented team, and what hurt me was watching the enormous gap in talent. How many times are we going to get caught peeking at the option handoff and fail to contain the QB? Miss tackles? Fall for misdirection? We simply don't have the horses.

I'll settle for adding one impact player in our front 7...

Agree there was a talent gap, but sadly I don't agree Seattle is all that talented.

Offensively they have their franchise QB and Baldwin.

Defensively their whole exceeds the sum of their parts. They have only one player that is top ten in an individual defensive stat... Michael Bennett at #10 with 9.5 sacks... that's it. They have a collection of good to very good players accumulated through the draft that have played together for years.

I do think that losing Jimmy Graham to injury actually freed Wilson to be himself. He was struggling to involve Jimmy much as we struggled last year to involve Gordon.

Maybe only one with a top 10 stat, but, they have some top-10-at-their-position guys like Sherman, Chancellor, Thomas, for a start.

Position by position, who comes out on top? The strength of our D is supposedly our secondary (on paper), yet man-for-man, Haden-Whitner-Gipson-Williams, who do you take over Sherman-Thomas-Chancellor-??? Probably that final spot you put Haden in as CB2.

Right....Browns have very average to below average players.....

This past week, based upon how they are playing now, I counted a bunch of guys playing significant minutes that I dont think would start or play on most teams.....and only a handful of players Id consider really solid.....

Upper tier(would start anywhere)....Thomas...(our one and only elite)

Good starters(would start most places).....Dansby, Schwartz, T. Williams, Whitner, Mack, Barnidge, Benji, D. Bryant, Shelton, Starks, Duke....

Avg to Below avg...(would be back ups most places)....Gaines, Gipson, Desir, Robertson, Kruger, Mingo, Crow, Johnny, Erving, Pasztor, Gabe, Pryor, Moore, Bademosi, Cooper, Hughes, Orchard, A. Bryant, Kirksey, Poyer

So...you need about 30-35 good players for a game....and, by my count, we have 12.....and the rest are undeveloped rookies(who probably will get better) and a bunch of 2nd and 3rd tier players....

I think Gipson could return to form next year and Orchard, Cooper and Kirksey will also develop into players over time......but.....

I like how Crow is coming along when they run him between the T's.

And I think the Erving, Gilbert, West and Mayle picks along with Bowe sighting (intentional miswording) gets Farmer Brown a well deserved permanent vacation. He gets a 1 year reprieve on JM until we see what happens over an entire starting season. But that isn't enough to save him IMHO.

I think Gipson could return to form next year...

I think it was after the 49er game when Pet addressed Gip's play. Basically said with our weakness at corner he's had to be assigned as deep help. That simply does not play to his strength which is to play centerfield as he was doing in 2014 before he was injured.

I think it was after the 49er game when Pet addressed Gip's play. Basically said with our weakness at corner he's had to be assigned as deep help. That simply does not play to his strength which is to play centerfield as he was doing in 2014 before he was injured.

Ah....didnt hear that and really haven't watched him isolated this year.....I will say he's having a rough season....though this might help explain some of those missed assignments that appear to keep happening.....but the sloppy play and missed tackles are getting ridiculous and, to my eye, indicate less effort or possibly a lingering injury...was credited with 3 or 4 missed tackles just this week, which is a whole season for some players....and on a couple, he was in position to tackle for a loss, but instead gave up a big play.....

Ah....didnt hear that and really haven't watched him isolated this year.....I will say he's having a rough season....though this might help explain some of those missed assignments that appear to keep happening.....but the sloppy play and missed tackles are getting ridiculous and, to my eye, indicate less effort or possibly a lingering injury...was credited with 3 or 4 missed tackles just this week, which is a whole season for some players....and on a couple, he was in position to tackle for a loss, but instead gave up a big play.....

I totally agree. Poorest play I have seen from him over these past 2 years.

I totally agree. Poorest play I have seen from him over these past 2 years.

And...now.....Id expect the negotiations with him to be rough.....just like last year.....

With the way he's played this year, I dont see the Browns breaking the bank and I dont see him being happy with less......

• 2 weeks later...

Unless we take Elliott as our 1st rounder then this is the guy we need to move as our second draft pick. That player he stiffarms weighs around 255lbs if you didn't see it last night. MSU centered their whole gameplan around stopping him first and paid the price with a 38-0 drubbing.

I don't think there's any way we can NOT draft a QB. Look at what Jacksonville, Minnesota, Oakland, Tennessee, and Tampa Bay did. They take a young QB that they wanted, and they stick with him. I think it's the blue print for how to make a quality NFL team. I realize that QB is only one position, and we have serious talent deprivation EVERYWHERE, but if we're going to have a new GM, then he will probably want his own QB.

In a perfect world, Johnny would be our guy. I'd ABSOLUTELY love to NOT spend ANOTHER first round pick on a QB, but I don't see a way around it anymore. Johnny is a loose cannon, and will either be drunk or injured (I hope I'm wrong).

You draft Goff, and let him sit half a season, or more. You start McCown, you get Gordon back (stop laughing, I feel he's coming back), you add another RB in the mix, and you overpay a free agent WR to get his ass to Cleveland. You draft defense in the second and third round.

I'm sure I'll change my mind 107 more times, but this is how I feel right now. LOL

Unless we take Elliott as our 1st rounder then this is the guy we need to move as our second draft pick. That player he stiffarms weighs around 255lbs if you didn't see it last night. MSU centered their whole gameplan around stopping him first and paid the price with a 38-0 drubbing.

Henry carried the ball 20 times for 75 yards, he wasn't responsible for the ass kicking handed out to MSU.

I would credit the Bama defense for that.

Henry carried the ball 20 times for 75 yards, he wasn't responsible for the ass kicking handed out to MSU.

I would credit the Bama defense for that.

Actually is was all the play action against 8 men in the box that set up the Bama O. As soon as they made that adjustment is when they starting moving the ball consistently. Announcers got it right when they said he "served as a decoy" so the offense could move the ball. They had to respect a 245 lb. quality back and dared Bama to win it on Coker's arm.

I don't disagree on the defense either though. They played lights out.

Actually is was all the play action against 8 men in the box that set up the Bama O. As soon as they made that adjustment is when they starting moving the ball consistently. Announcers got it right when they said he "served as a decoy" so the offense could move the ball. They had to respect a 245 lb. quality back and dared Bama to win it on Coker's arm.

I don't disagree on the defense either though. They played lights out.

No thanks on the Alabama running back.....been there...done that... all too recently for my taste.

You don't RC... the trading of compensatory has been approved to start with the 2017 draft.

We have too many to allow it this year... or something...

As for Henry... he is simply not a ZBS RB. So unless we are going to change our Offense for him...

You don't RC... the trading of compensatory has been approved to start with the 2017 draft.

We have too many to allow it this year... or something...

As for Henry... he is simply not a ZBS RB. So unless we are going to change our Offense for him...

Shit. I could have sworn I read it was approved for this draft.

Yes, one great play by a Bama back means they will be great forever.

Archived