THE BROWNS BOARD

Pettine....saying funny things....

Mudfly

Ok....so we know Pettine hit the news yesterday for telling the truth about Wilson.....the nerve of him.....

BUT.....Today he really rang the bell with some interesting comments on Gordon and Johnny....of course, Im reading into what he said....but thats we do, right?....

So...this week had some comments from Johnny about Gordon and from Gordon about Johnny and how they are buddy buddy etc.......and today Pettine was asked about it....

Question: With Gordon coming back, are you excited about the possibilities of what he and Johnny can be, when on the field together??

Pettine: "That would turn out to be a positive thing if Josh is with us next year and Johnny's still on the roster, that those two have built a rapport together,'' said Pettine.

Asked to clarify, he said, "Again, that's just hypothetical, trying to project it to next year. Those are all questions that will get answered sooner than later. My sole focus is this weekend."

So....hmmm.....sound a little strange to anyone else?....or just me....

So....answers soon?.....what does THAT mean?

at least he tells the truth in a hidden subjective way.

sad thing is he might not be there to see any of it.

the browns will hire the ball boy fom mich st. and 80% of the fans will cheer, until of course a year a half later they all call for his head.

80% of the fans will cheer, until of course a year a half later they all call for his head.

Will the new guy even get a year and a half? Some dolts on this board were saying Pettine should be fired after week 1 if i'm not mistaken.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/49ers_oc_geep_chryst_shoots_ba.html

49ers OC Geep Chryst says Mike Pettine was 'shining his star' when he took shot at 49ers

BEREA, Ohio -- 49ers offensive coordinator Geep Chryst shot back at coach Mike Pettine Thursday, a day after Pettine questioned San Francisco's desire during their 24-10 loss to the Browns on Sunday.
Pettine, in explaining why his team will "cut it loose'' and play hard Sunday in Seattle, said the proof was in the victory over the Niners.
"When you talk about just where our season had gotten to and losing seven in a row, two teams in very similar situations and I thought you saw one team that wanted to be out there and wanted to compete and wanted to win a football game, and I don't know if I sensed that same attitude from the other side,'' Pettine said.
The remark didn't go over well in the Bay Area, as Chryst made clear during an interview on Thursday.
"Well, he's shining his star saying that 'Even though we lost seven in a row, look how we showed up. We're a team that fights and does not quit,' " Chryst said, according to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com. "I do know if they had 10's across the board on all the things he cited, and we were at 1 across the board, then I don't think they would've had a field goal blocked.
"I don't think they would've had [an interception], which is critical to the game. I don't think they would've had a fumble. I don't think they would've allowed a punt to come back [36 yards]."
Related: Mike Pettine says he didn't sense the 49ers wanted to win as much as the Browns did
Related: Mike Pettine says he didn't sense the 49ers wanted to win as much as the Browns did
Browns coach Mike Pettine took a shot at the 49ers, saying they didn't come out with the same intensity as the Browns last week, a 24-10 Browns victory.
Chryst pointed out that the 49ers had made progress in their previous four games, going 2-2 in that span with losses to the Seahawks and Cardinals.
"And this was a step back," Chryst said of the 49ers' loss to the Browns.
But Pettine's sentiments were actually first uttered by 49ers quarterback Blaine Gabbert before the game.
"You have to give credit to the Browns,'' Gabbert said. "They came ready to play today and we didn't. You can't really put your finger on one certain thing. You've got to watch the film to process what really happened and get back to the drawing board. There's no magical solution for this. We just have to go back, have a great week of practice, and get ready for next week."
San Francisco coach Jim Tomsula, however, took exception to postgame questions that his team quit. The Browns rushed for a season-high 230 yards, Johnny Manziel threw for 270 and the Browns recorded nine sacks.
"The guys were in position,'' he said. "I didn't believe it was an effort problem. I believe it was an execution problem."
But the 49ers weren't the only ones who had their feathers ruffled by Pettine this week. He also said Wednesday that Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is not a top-tier quarterback in the most of a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees or Ben Roethlisberger. Instead, Pettine ranked the red-hot Wilson in the next tier.
The remark went viral on the internet, and Pettine had some fun with the controversy at the top of his Thursday press conference.
"If anyone's interested, I have my updated quarterback rankings,'' he said. "Every quarterback that's ever played is tied for one -- the best ever.''
Wilson, who's on the hottest four-game streak of any quarterback in modern NFL history, wasn't fazed by Pettine's assessment.
"I don't worry about all that,'' he said. "It comes down to winning a lot of football games. That's the ultimate measure of a quarterback. That's the one thing I care about."

Russell Wilson will break records that's a fact!

Team G Att Comp Pct Att/G Yds Avg Yds/G TD TD% Int Int% Lng 20+ 40+ Sck SckY Rate

2015 Seattle Seahawks 13 384 264 68.8 29.5 3,289 8.6 253.0 26 6.8 7 1.8 80T 51 9 38 205 110.0

2014 Seattle Seahawks 16 452 285 63.1 28.2 3,475 7.7 217.2 20 4.4 7 1.5 80T 54 8 42 242 95.0

2013 Seattle Seahawks 16 407 257 63.1 25.4 3,357 8.2 209.8 26 6.4 9 2.2 80T 49 10 44 272 101.2

2012 Seattle Seahawks 16 393 252 64.1 24.6 3,118 7.9 194.9 26 6.6 10 2.5 67 42 11 33 203 100.0

TOTAL 61 1,636 1,058 64.7 26.8 13,239 8.1 217.0 98 6.0 33 2.0 80 196 38 157 922 101.3

His rookie year they won 11 games and almost made it to the Super Bowl. If they make the playoffs lookout! If Cam Newton faces the Seahawks I still think Seahawks win.

What coach says that about players that are under contract for the next year. Maybe instead of wishing they were gone he could stop being a stubborn prick and root for them.

He's a fucking idiot and needs to play the best player on the roster that is eligible to play on Sundays to win football games regardless of what they did in college, or last year or last weekend. Considering this is the Cleveland browns and not the Cleveland altar boys.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/49ers_oc_geep_chryst_shoots_ba.html

49ers OC Geep Chryst says Mike Pettine was 'shining his star' when he took shot at 49ers

BEREA, Ohio -- 49ers offensive coordinator Geep Chryst shot back at coach Mike Pettine Thursday, a day after Pettine questioned San Francisco's desire during their 24-10 loss to the Browns on Sunday.
Pettine, in explaining why his team will "cut it loose'' and play hard Sunday in Seattle, said the proof was in the victory over the Niners.
"When you talk about just where our season had gotten to and losing seven in a row, two teams in very similar situations and I thought you saw one team that wanted to be out there and wanted to compete and wanted to win a football game, and I don't know if I sensed that same attitude from the other side,'' Pettine said.
The remark didn't go over well in the Bay Area, as Chryst made clear during an interview on Thursday.

Yet ANOTHER "head scratcher" comment Pettine has made to the media. Good grief what a stupid thing to say, say that to your locker room not the damn media. It really isn't that hard.

Ok....so we know Pettine hit the news yesterday for telling the truth about Wilson.....the nerve of him.....

BUT.....Today he really rang the bell with some interesting comments on Gordon and Johnny....of course, Im reading into what he said....but thats we do, right?....

So...this week had some comments from Johnny about Gordon and from Gordon about Johnny and how they are buddy buddy etc.......and today Pettine was asked about it....

Question: With Gordon coming back, are you excited about the possibilities of what he and Johnny can be, when on the field together??

Pettine: "That would turn out to be a positive thing if Josh is with us next year and Johnny's still on the roster, that those two have built a rapport together,'' said Pettine.

Asked to clarify, he said, "Again, that's just hypothetical, trying to project it to next year. Those are all questions that will get answered sooner than later. My sole focus is this weekend."

So....hmmm.....sound a little strange to anyone else?....or just me....

So....answers soon?.....what does THAT mean?

Pettine won't be the coach.

"Well, he's shining his star saying that 'Even though we lost seven in a row, look how we showed up. We're a team that fights and does not quit,' " Chryst said, according to Matt Maiocco of CSNBayArea.com. "I do know if they had 10's across the board on all the things he cited, and we were at 1 across the board, then I don't think they would've had a field goal blocked.
"I don't think they would've had [an interception], which is critical to the game. I don't think they would've had a fumble. I don't think they would've allowed a punt to come back [36 yards]."
Browns coach Mike Pettine took a shot at the 49ers, saying they didn't come out with the same intensity as the Browns last week, a 24-10 Browns victory.
Chryst pointed out that the 49ers had made progress in their previous four games, going 2-2 in that span with losses to the Seahawks and Cardinals.
"And this was a step back," Chryst said of the 49ers' loss to the Browns.
But Pettine's sentiments were actually first uttered by 49ers quarterback Blaine Gabbert before the game.
"You have to give credit to the Browns,'' Gabbert said. "They came ready to play today and we didn't. You can't really put your finger on one certain thing. You've got to watch the film to process what really happened and get back to the drawing board. There's no magical solution for this. We just have to go back, have a great week of practice, and get ready for next week."
San Francisco coach Jim Tomsula, however, took exception to postgame questions that his team quit. The Browns rushed for a season-high 230 yards, Johnny Manziel threw for 270 and the Browns recorded nine sacks.
"The guys were in position,'' he said. "I didn't believe it was an effort problem. I believe it was an execution problem."
But the 49ers weren't the only ones who had their feathers ruffled by Pettine this week. He also said Wednesday that Seahawks quarterback Russell Wilson is not a top-tier quarterback in the most of a Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Drew Brees or Ben Roethlisberger. Instead, Pettine ranked the red-hot Wilson in the next tier.
The remark went viral on the internet, and Pettine had some fun with the controversy at the top of his Thursday press conference.
"If anyone's interested, I have my updated quarterback rankings,'' he said. "Every quarterback that's ever played is tied for one -- the best ever.''
Wilson, who's on the hottest four-game streak of any quarterback in modern NFL history, wasn't fazed by Pettine's assessment.
"I don't worry about all that,'' he said. "It comes down to winning a lot of football games. That's the ultimate measure of a quarterback. That's the one thing I care about."

OK, I guess Pettine should come back more honest by saying: "OK, sure, I will concede I was wrong. San Francisco tried just as hard as we did. So, I guess it can only be concluded that it is a fact that they just suck that much worse than we do"

He would have been honest and he would have been right.

Pettine is speaking like he knows his job is safe, maybe he and jimmy are closer than we thought...

yeah.....to be honest, Im not sure whats up.......

It's either he feels very safe.....or he knows he's gone.....and the Gordon/Johnny comments could mean that the FO has to choose.....cause Pett isnt doing a third year of the whole Johnny Josh thing......

But some of the stuff he's saying still sounds like a guy campaigning to keep his job.....

Pointing out "his" team played harder, pointing out how the Coaches game planned, pointing out the new run "scheme"....plus, last week he made a point to say he stopped working on the O(which was his project this year) and spent the week on Defense(for the first time)......so, that tells me Pettine had a large hand in this years offense(which most people think did ok, considering...) and he also made the D better in just one week.....;)

So....the "sooner than later" comment may just be that if he's fired, it'll be soon enough.......and if he isnt, we should plan on Johnny and, maybe, Josh moving on........

lol.... Well "sooner" is only 3 games away...

As for SF... Gabbert seemed to agree...

"You have to give credit to the Browns," Gabbert said. "They came ready to play today and we didn't."

lol.... Well "sooner" is only 3 games away...

Paul Brown- "When you win say nothing. When you lose say less". Not if you were a branch from the Ryan Tree!!

Honestly, I wasn't very happy with Pettine's statements. It could very easily be nothing at all, but then again, he could be alluding to a bigger plan as well. What irritated me was, why leave any area about Manziel or Gordon's future in doubt? Why even crack the door? Why not just say, "The thought of these two young players on our team is exciting to think about." That's all he had to say, yet he didn't. And what's that do to Johnny's confidence? Johnny is always on the internet from what I understand, and either he or his agent makes the rounds on Twitter. So of course Johnny will hear about this, either from the internet or from a reporter that asks him about the Pettine statements.

Y'all honestly think the D showed up because Pet spent some time with them last week?

I am a Pet backer and even I don't buy that...

Watching Mike Pettine at a Press Conference, is like watching Uncle Fester trying to talk with a broken lightbulb stuck in his throat. Has anyone "EVER" seen this man show emotion before, during or after a game? That would be a "BIG FAT LIE". He only cares about Mike. Not the individuals, the team, or anyone. I have directtv and watch NFL Red Zone when the Browns aren't on.

I continually see "HEAD COACHES" hug their players, show passion towards the game, but not "OUR COACH"... he just repeatedly shows that he is Uncle Fester... No emotion whatsoever. I would give anything to find out he is "JOBLESS", after today's game. Christ!!! McNown would be better than Pettine. God have mercy on a Browns Fans Souls...

Watching Mike Pettine at a Press Conference, is like watching Uncle Fester trying to talk with a broken lightbulb stuck in his throat. Has anyone "EVER" seen this man show emotion before, during or after a game? That would be a "BIG FAT LIE". He only cares about Mike. Not the individuals, the team, or anyone. I have directtv and watch NFL Red Zone when the Browns aren't on.

I continually see "HEAD COACHES" hug their players, show passion towards the game, but not "OUR COACH"... he just repeatedly shows that he is Uncle Fester... No emotion whatsoever. I would give anything to find out he is "JOBLESS", after today's game. Christ!!! McNown would be better than Pettine. God have mercy on a Browns Fans Souls...

Pettine once broke a headset during the Rams game...does that count?

Also fist pumps after the TN win and during the Cards game when we jumped out to a early lead... after Dansby's pick 6 IIRC.

Pretty sure Dansby got a high-five as well... How'd that work out for us?

Archived