THE BROWNS BOARD

Farmer and Pettine both fired. Official

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're only a scapegoat if nothing you did or didn't do had anything to do with the outcome. He doesn't qualify.

A scapegoat is someone you blame for something even though it is not his fault.

Farmer would be no scapegoat.....just the goat that got his due.

I'm not sure about this one. I'm not going to say he hasn't contributed to GB's success, I'm sure he has, but GM is a huge step up from Player Personnel. Ray Farmer anyone? Not that I have a better suggestion or anything. Just remembering how little Pat Shurmur actually lived up to the expectations we had because of Fritz.

Ron Wolf as a consultant? Sure...

Eliot Wolf? Did not know GM ability was a genetic trait.

Jerry Jones to Jones Jr who helped him make the decision to pass on JM. Some here might argue that was a pretty good genetic fit. LOL! :D

Wolf fucking sucks............

wait 4 browns fans agreed on something? should we throw a parade? or call Guinness?

There, all is right in the Browns Fans' world again B)

I'm not sure about this one. I'm not going to say he hasn't contributed to GB's success, I'm sure he has, but GM is a huge step up from Player Personnel. Ray Farmer anyone? Not that I have a better suggestion or anything. Just remembering how little Pat Shurmur actually lived up to the expectations we had because of Fritz.

No, GM is not a big step up....it is the next step up. What steps do you think are in between?

Let's put this caveat in: Hire this guy....but hid dad must sign an exclusive consultancy contract for 3-5 years. OK?

No, GM is not a big step up....it is the next step up. What steps do you think are in between?

Let's put this caveat in: Hire this guy....but hid dad must sign an exclusive consultancy contract for 3-5 years. OK?

That next step is a huge step. Some people can't lead.

Whoever and whatever happens must be a proven guy. No more throwing darts with your eyes closed. I think they should hire Doug Marrone. Buffalo's defense is scary in name only since he left. Get rid of Farmer is a must! He's useless! My mock draft the last two years were far better. I know football! He doesn't! Maybe I should replace Farmer. At least we'd have Mack and Carr!

I got this from FanSided

Besides Wolf

Cole said possible candidates to replace Farmer include Chris Ballard from the Chiefs, George Paton from the Vikings, and Duke Tobin from the Bengals.

uhhh yeah.........not sure I implied otherwise.

Your implication was that someone who held the position of Director of Player personell may not be someone who is ready to take on a GM position.

So....assuming you are not going to hire someone who currently holds a GM position, there is only one place lower from which to promote someone to GM: DOPP. Which is a position this guy has held for the last year. Here is his resume:

Wolf joined the Packers as a pro personnel assistant in 2004. He became Assistant Director of Pro Personnel in 2008 and Assistant Director of Player Personnel in 2011 before assuming his current position in 2012. On January 2, 2015, Wolf was promoted to Director of Player Personnel.

Something goofy in there......can't be sure when he held which job.....but he has held jobs in player evaluation for about 12 years now.

Can we say that about Farmer?

Farmer is currently the general manager for the Cleveland Browns. Prior to his position with the Browns, he was director of pro personnel for the Kansas City Chiefs from 2006 to 2012 and a scout for the Atlanta Falcons from 2002 to 2006.[4] Before working in the NFL, he was the academic coordinator for football at Duke University in 2001, and worked in TV and radio from 1998-2000.[1]

Not much more experience at all really

When Pro Player Personnel has been the problem since return in 99, I trust no Wolfe/Holmgrem Tree. I would trust a old school Brown thought. The guy is married to Bill Parcells daughter named Dallas. Started with the Browns in 92 under Belichick till move to Baltimore in 95 as Personnel Asst. In 96 as Personnel Coordinator in Baltimore drafted Ogden &Ray Lewis. 1997-00 went to Jets Dir. Player Personnel (Mawae, Testaverde, B.Cox). 2000-01 Pats. (Brady, Welker, R. Moss). 2002-12 K.C. VP player personnel/GM yea they got better also on his picks. His name SCOTT PIOLI. Sitting in Atlanta as a Asst. GM since 2014 & screaming for a chance at GM once again. Haslem call Pioli, your barking up the wrong tree imho.

Ron Wolf as a consultant? Sure...

Eliot Wolf? Did not know GM ability was a genetic trait.

As was said, being a competent owner isn't a a genetic trait either. Mike Brown wandered for years in mediocrity. I have it on pretty good authority (a long time wino Bengals season ticket holder friend- like 50 yard line) that the intelligence skipped a generation down in Bungle land. Apparently Katie Blackburn- Mike's kid- is now effectively running the organization, and Mike just sits up in the owner's box for entertainment.

If we hire the younger Wolf, let's hope that's not the case.

Archived