THE BROWNS BOARD

Farmer and Pettine both fired. Official

DieHardBrownsFan

But could we do any worse, really, with a guy that has had 1 year vs. the 6 year guy?

Without question we could do worse. If I own the Browns and said to you, "Hey Gip, I'm letting you pick the GM this time." And in the other room Phil Savage, George Kokinis, and Ray Farmer sit at a big round table. I can't speak for anybody else, but Ray Farmer better be that guy. That's no endorsement of Ray Farmer btw, just we've seen much worse than Ray Farmer. Beau Bell our first pick in the draft, David Veikune who no one wanted for 200 more picks.....is any of this familiar?

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Won't the new GM want his own HC .........OK your hired by the way you don't have a say on who the coach will be.....strange one that.

Pettine should go too ......

I think Mr. Haslam needs to decide what offense and defense systems he wants run on his team and then find the best people to run those systems. Till he does that; it will just be business as usual.

It's not just running "systems". The coach has to be flexible enough to fit his system to the players he has on hand.

I think Mr. Haslam needs to decide what offense and defense systems he wants run on his team and then find the best people to run those systems.

I dont think Haslem should make any football decisions.....especially about "what systems to run" or players to pick.....

Hire football people and let them evaluate the talent and make the football decisions.......

I dont think Haslem should make any football decisions.....especially about "what systems to run" or players to pick.....

Hire football people and let them evaluate the talent and make the football decisions.......

Unless, of course, the fans don't like what the football people choose to do.

WSS

Unless, of course, the fans don't like what the football people choose to do.

Ok.....so Haslem should be the one deciding on Offensive and Defensive systems....got it.....

OK, I can agree with that; but, he needs to pick one guy to decide on the rest of the staff so they all work together for the most part. And Haslam should never again make any decisions on player personnel from draft or free agency.

Well.....then you are advocating a clean sweep.....fire everybody and start over.......(personally, I cant agree with that yet)....

And. Im not sure that Haslem had made any personnel decisions on the draft or free agency.....pure speculation there.....

Oh bullshit mud. Don't you want Jimmy to fire a big bunch of guys? Or and don't you want Jimmy to keep some guys whose performance really sucks? What football guy is making those decisions? Please.

WSS

No....I positively dont want Jimmy to fire a big bunch of guys....In fact, Ive been one of the loudest voices to maintain the status quo for another year.....

And, yes.....I do want Jimmy to maintain the current staff, if thats what you're asking......and w/o getting into a pissing match about it, im not convinced the coaching or drafting is as bad as some here think....Im on the side of not enough developed and difference making talent....but would let this staff have more than 2 years to make it work and let the new guys get some experience.....

And what football guy is making what decisions?....dont really understand the question.......but Id say Farmer is making the personnel decisions and Pettine is making the coaching & systems decisions.....

Yeah, but you have to admit; whoever made the decision to draft Manziel for our future QB, Pettine was not on board with that decision. If the coaches who are coaching the team say they don't want someone you probably should look other places. I am not saying Pettine should have all the say; I am just saying if he says no then find another most can agree on.

No....I positively dont want Jimmy to fire a big bunch of guys....In fact, Ive been one of the loudest voices to maintain the status quo for another year.....

And, yes.....I do want Jimmy to maintain the current staff, if thats what you're asking......and w/o getting into a pissing match about it, im not convinced the coaching or drafting is as bad as some here think....Im on the side of not enough developed and difference making talent....but would let this staff have more than 2 years to make it work and let the new guys get some experience.....

And what football guy is making what decisions?....dont really understand the question.......but Id say Farmer is making the personnel decisions and Pettine is making the coaching & systems decisions.....

Okay, if you are a status quo guy, I stand corrected and humbled in your presence. So okay ray farmer is a football guy. So is Mike Pettine. So we are good?

WSS

Also, it does not have to be a clean sweep; just, find the ones that don't fit together and replace one of them with someone who does. Personally, I think Farmer should go as there are some things I like about Pettine and believe his butting heads with Farmer on personnel has held him back maybe but I'll let the football gooroos make that decision.

Without question we could do worse. If I own the Browns and said to you, "Hey Gip, I'm letting you pick the GM this time." And in the other room Phil Savage, George Kokinis, and Ray Farmer sit at a big round table.

Is there a chance Heckert is under that table?

IMO, Wolf would be the best possible scenario, hopefully with his father as President for a few years. Let them decide on the new HC.

best possible scenario?

what's on his resume that you give this statement?

i'd keep everyone and get rid of the scouts and the trainers and the uniforms and.............those fugly crack-head cheerleaders.

Ok.....so Haslem should be the one deciding on Offensive and Defensive systems....got it.....

Well.....then you are advocating a clean sweep.....fire everybody and start over.......(personally, I cant agree with that yet)....

And. Im not sure that Haslem had made any personnel decisions on the draft or free agency.....pure speculation there.....

I think Johnny was a Haslem pick, but then again I always thought Randy Lerner armtwisted Phil Savage into moving up for Brady Queen.

Interesting Pettine article today.....basically saying he's gonna fire some coaches, if given another year.....

And another reference to his refreshing....and overtly honest.....way of speaking.....link below....

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000613439/article/pettine-hard-to-justify-keeping-staff-together-if-i-stay

Snippets below.....

Although we can't fault him for his honesty -- as reporters and writers, it is what we've always craved from coaches -- it's hard to imagine the impact Pettine's words from Thursday had on his staff heading into the season finale against the Steelers.

"Will there likely be some changes? If I were to stay here, it would be hard to justify keeping the staff completely together," Pettine said, via Cleveland.com. "And there likely would have to be some changes made, but I won't get into specifics."

"It's been a source of frustration," Pettine said. "It's tough for me, too, when that's my area of expertise and it's an area where we've fallen short, especially this year where I felt like we've over achieved offensively. If you look at the roster, the investment, we've underachieved (on defense).

"We're not going to make excuses. It is a source of frustration, disappointment and something that myself and the defensive staff show up here every day to work and get corrected. Some areas we've gotten better and others we haven't."

So.....message to Jimmy......"Give me another year and Ill fire the bums and get this thing straight"....

The more I think, the more I want to keep Pettine. Not sure why, just a feeling.

It's a good feeling, Chris... go with it.

Agreed.....

Its exhausting just thinking of the alternative. I might even have to go back on sabitical, if they start over.....again.....

Archived