THE BROWNS BOARD

Farmer and Pettine both fired. Official

DieHardBrownsFan

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's a good feeling, Chris... go with it.

a good feeling?.. I don't know.. I don't exactly get good vibes from a coach who has shown 0 ability to make adjustments and runs a sissy football camp.. no thanks, man.

I'd vote fire both and keep flip. hire an experienced coach. Hire a kickass GM.

I like Pet, but i don't feel like he's the answer. I do feel like he tried his best while he was here, but it just wasn't good enough. Maybe it was the players he had, and farmer is to blame too. But another 3-13 season and I think we'd be up in pitchforks as fans.

Ask yourself this, if any other organization in the NFL had a record like this, would the keep the head coach unless they think he could be the answer.

So to you all, do you think Pet is the answer? Obviously farmer isn't. Keeping the same O-Coordinator would be great for offense although a new HC would change around a lot.

I don't hate Pet, but i feel like i've seen enough of him.

I tried to like farmer, but he just fucked up too much shit.

I really tried to like Johnny, defended him, but over and over again he's just showed us that he's an entitled little prick that only cares about himself. He never really SHOWed us anything. Fuck it I really wanted Mack and Garrapolo in that draft.

I don't care what the kid does at home, but the four loko video, i mean why would he post that up public? As a big fuck you to pet and the organization? I thought they specifically told him not to do that.

I'm not so sure Johnny could ever be a leader of men at all, and while i appreciate Pettine's integrity, I'm not positive he could lead these men to great victory either.

Yeah but you didn't answer my question. Do you think Pettine is the long term answer?

If we're keeping Pettine, i'd ship Johnny and Gordon to Jerry for a 2nd rounder.

Gordon has stood up for Johnny all season, and i doubt he'd want to "play" for pettine.

he seems more of like a randy moss play when you want to play type of player anyway.

I feel if you fire Farmer, you gotta fire Pett and let the new football guy start with a head coach that he handpicks. I think the missing bit of info is what Farmer's organization is like. If he has just made some bad draft picks but has set up a good system, then give him another year. If there is disfunction throughout, everyone goes.

Z

Yeah but you didn't answer my question. Do you think Pettine is the long term answer?

If we're keeping Pettine, i'd ship Johnny and Gordon to Jerry for a 2nd rounder.

I did answer the question. The question was if i was Jimmy, what would I do. I think if Pettine stays, Johnny is gone.

Pettine is gone, sure as shit.

Farmer is gone also.

Get an experienced coach who's been in the playoffs. Someone under the radar. Like Arians.

Get a GM that's had some success.

Because coaches and GM's that have been to the playoffs and have had success other places grow on trees and are easy to find.

If I owned this team, and increased my investment the way Jimmy has, I would go after whoever is at the top of my list

Give him $15 million a year and tell him you have COMPLETE control.

If you want to coach, so be it, if you want to hire a coach, so be it.

Just fix this CRAP!!!!!!!

You can't fire Pettine and here's why....the new GM isn't going to find anyone better to replace him. Period. We know this. You can get Elliot Wolf that's fine, but just because he becomes our GM doesn't mean we're gonna have elite level coaches banging down the door to come coach here. We know this. If this clown show continues, we can maybe get away with firing Pettine next year. We fire another coach after 2 years and it's over. Cleveland fans really need to wake up to that fact. No one is coming here that's worth a shit. We'll be rolling the dice again on some unproven coach who's coming here as mostly an audition for a job in some other organization. I'm not some huge Pettine fan, i have some real issues with our defense was handled this year and that is on him...he's a defense guy. And the fact that it's coming out that Gilbert was his pick. He's got one more year to show improvement in that defense.

You can't fire Pettine and here's why....the new GM isn't going to find anyone better to replace him. Period. We know this. You can get Elliot Wolf that's fine, but just because he becomes our GM doesn't mean we're gonna have elite level coaches banging down the door to come coach here. We know this. If this clown show continues, we can maybe get away with firing Pettine next year. We fire another coach after 2 years and it's over. Cleveland fans really need to wake up to that fact. No one is coming here that's worth a shit. We'll be rolling the dice again on some unproven coach who's coming here as mostly an audition for a job in some other organization. I'm not some huge Pettine fan, i have some real issues with our defense was handled this year and that is on him...he's a defense guy. And the fact that it's coming out that Gilbert was his pick. He's got one more year to show improvement in that defense.

You underestimate the lure of cash.....

If Jimmy puts out the money, we can get anyone he wants

This is a hard one. For me, it depends on what other coaches are available before I fire Pet. Farmer is easier, I fire him. Someone has to be held accountable for this 3-13 dumpster fire, and Ray and his phone get the boot. Now if the Colts are dumb enough to fire Pagano, then I also fire Pet and target Pags.

I like Pet the man, but I haven't seen enough improvement to hand him the keys again if there is a proven coach that I can replace him with....... If however there isn't that proven coach, then I keep him as making a lateral move just for the sake of making a move would set us back even further.

This is a hard one. For me, it depends on what other coaches are available before I fire Pet. Farmer is easier, I fire him. Someone has to be held accountable for this 3-13 dumpster fire, and Ray and his phone get the boot. Now if the Colts are dumb enough to fire Pagano, then I also fire Pet and target Pags.

I like Pet the man, but I haven't seen enough improvement to hand him the keys again if there is a proven coach that I can replace him with....... If there isn't that proven coach, then I keep him as making a lateral move just for the sake of making a move would set us back even further.

Are we really sure Pagano is that great of a coach? He "lucked" into a franchise QB and Arians coached that team for most of his first year anyways. I know he's won more games than Pettine has here...but are we really sure he's a great coach?

Cash is nice when you sign a three year contract with guaranteed money no matter what shit effort you make.

Weather the storm for a year and walk out with three years pay. That is who will come if pettine is gone.

If were me-- GM Scott Piolli HC Hugh Jackson DC Mike Singleterry OC Don't see Flip but maybe?...... Haslem & his street peeps will hire Chip Kelly than follow his insanity with his pick of JM. Football Gods Hate Cleveland!! Pound them F'in Pancakes Boys!! Again if Farmer goes the only GM candidate if he is? Is Bryan Billick that may keep Pet a job. If Wolfe Pet is gone.

Are we really sure Pagano is that great of a coach? He "lucked" into a franchise QB and Arians coached that team for most of his first year anyways. I know he's won more games than Pettine has here...but are we really sure he's a great coach?

How many great coaches had crap QB's?

Cash is nice when you sign a three year contract with guaranteed money no matter what shit effort you make.

Weather the storm for a year and walk out with three years pay. That is who will come if pettine is gone.

How else are we going to get a proven guy?

Rod Graves might be available. I believe Pagano will be also.

Rod Graves I've never heard of. Pagano...definitely has had success in Indy. Just looked him up..didn't realize that he was a coach with the Browns with Butch.

Rod Graves I've never heard of. Pagano...definitely has had success in Indy. Just looked him up..didn't realize that he was a coach with the Browns with Butch.

Rod Graves was the GM when the Cards went to SB in '08. He's got an eye for talent. He lost his job when he couldn't land P. Manning in Az. No one knows too much other than Coach Whiz and him were shit canned.

If we fire .. We will get the 8th best candidate.

Our takent level is low,we have no qb, and Jimmy will have fired 3 coaches in 4 offseasons ... we will be last choice.

Z

This is why Jimmy needs to open the wallet and pay

We can get a Gruden, Cowher, Parcells, Gibbs, type guy

Just pay the money

It isn't our money, and the team is worth Almost DOUBLE what Jimmy paid for it.

If we fire .. We will get the 8th best candidate.

Our takent level is low,we have no qb, and Jimmy will have fired 3 coaches in 4 offseasons ... we will be last choice.

Z

Unfortunately that is reality. So away with Farmer and O'Neil.

You underestimate the lure of cash.....

If Jimmy puts out the money, we can get anyone he wants

i think that's wishful thinking at this point. I think alot of the proven guys look at it that they might get Jimmy to part with alot of cash, but the experience here ruins their careers. Why would a Cowher or Gruden come to an organization as dysfunctional as this where there's no hope of turning things around quickly enough to satisfy the fan base that will be calling for them to be tarred and feathered halfway through the 1st season of what would necessarily be a minimum of a 4 year project? Why? You know full well that Gruden could sign on with us and the boners on this board for him woudl be raging......till literally 7 games into next season when we'll be lucky to have won a game or two.

Archived