THE BROWNS BOARD

This is the worst Browns team I have ever seen

Zombo

1974 was bad. As was 1990, 1999 and 2000

But they all had excuses.

There is no excuse for this shit show.

The tight end is pretty good, the punter is interesting and the left tackle is a fixture.

The other 50 can be replaced by anyone in the professional football industry.

I am so sad.

We literally have nothing.

Z

Year's of running a coaching carousel kills a team. Player development sufferers because of constant scheme changes causing players to be played out of position. Also no two position coaches teach the same fundamentals. As weird as that sounds it's true.

FUNDAMENTALS??.......WHAT fundamentals?!

I'm wondering whether or not we have two coaches who teach them at all.

Mike

FUNDAMENTALS??.......WHAT fundamentals?!

I'm wondering whether or not we have two coaches who teach them at all.

Mike

Fundamental of football is- tackle guy with ball. We did a poor job of that today. Catching passes that hit you in hands helps. But we had "great Effort" once again in a losing cause.

I only got mad once. Don't get called for a defensive penalty with no time left in the half. Shades of Dwayne Rudd.

Fundamental of football is- tackle guy with ball. We did a poor job of that today. Catching passes that hit you in hands helps. But we had "great Effort" once again in a losing cause.

I only got mad once. Don't get called for a defensive penalty with no time left in the half. Shades of Dwayne Rudd.

No one teaches 'tackling' anymore.

For the last ten years, all NFL coaches teach players to just hit the ball carrier as hard as you can to create the biggest collision. Ball carrier will obviously fall down, then...

Does create a bit of a problem for Browns who have undersized guys whose hardest hit won't cause enough of a collision to knock the ball carrier down.

The tight end is pretty good, the punter is interesting and the left tackle is a fixture.

I am so sad.

Z

Yep, we're now 3-16 in our last 19 games with this regime. In all of our last 6 losses - we allowed 30 points or more. We deserve way better than this.

I wasn't even mad about that . . . It was an accidental face mask. If he had grabbed it and yanked on it then I would have been.

What really pissed me off was Erving. I get he's a rookie who's been bounced around the line, but at some point there's a dude in front of you trying to kill your QB, fucking block that guy. At one point his man got around him without ever making any contact. I really don't understand how someone can miss that badly, you could at least breathe on the guy or something.

I wasn't even mad about that . . . It was an accidental face mask. If he had grabbed it and yanked on it then I would have been.

What really pissed me off was Erving. I get he's a rookie who's been bounced around the line, but at some point there's a dude in front of you trying to kill your QB, fucking block that guy. At one point his man got around him without ever making any contact. I really don't understand how someone can miss that badly, you could at least breathe on the guy or something.

I am completely stunned Erving is this bad. I've never seen anything like it.

Erving looks like he doesn't belong in the league. And it is not for lack of effort. How can our scouting staff keep whiffing so bad?

I know, I know, he's a rookie and he's out of position and he'll make somebody a very nice Center some day.

By the way, re my original post, Karlos Dansby is a very good player, and a special talent too ... just too old to build around.

Unlike our 30 year old TE, 32 Year old Tackle and 34 year old punter.

Wait ... Our 4 best players are over 30?

Z

Yep, we're now 3-16 in our last 19 games with this regime. In all of our last 6 losses - we allowed 30 points or more. We deserve way better than this.

But Tom, this D is CLOSE. Players just have to make a couple more plays. Obviously it's not a SCHEME issue since we've done nothing to change that. ;)

Mike

This team is really bad, but it all starts with defense. We are fundamentally bad in the mentality of this defense and it starts with the garbage we have running it. There's no also no doubt this defense is lacking players, especially setting the edge and pressure. This is where the clean house needs to start and where we need to focus on heavily. Honestly, as of today I would be completely fine with our first three picks being any combo of DE/OLB/ILB, heck even two OLB would be fine with me.

The offense is showing some sparks, although small, which give me hope. Duke Johnson is getting better each game, Gary is a solid target and I think Manziel and Hartline had a nice rapport going on as well. If Gordon can actually come back into that and we can add a RB and another true WR (not the shrimps we have now) it certainly at least creates some pieces.

Moving forward, can we move forward? What do we have to build on? How much can be addressed in the draft and free agency? Who will our new coach be, Tom Coughlin? Too many ???? This team is Ground Hog day, repeats every year !

I am so sad.

Z

But, I actually think the talent is not that bad overall......so I think we have more than nothing. Our primary problems are all above the level of the talent on the field.

1974 was bad. As was 1990, 1999 and 2000 But they all had excuses. There is no excuse for this shit show.

The tight end is pretty good, the punter is interesting and the left tackle is a fixture. The other 50 can be replaced by anyone in the professional football industry.

I am so sad. We literally have nothing.

Don't jump, Z! I know it's bad, man, but life is good... and I need my 2016 Tami-ami tour guide!

Strictly based upon on-the-field considerations, '75 was my all-time low, because it came on the heels of '74 and because Sipe, my hope for the future, struggled badly in his couple starts.

By contrast '99 was easy to stomach because we were back... sort of... but objectively it was the worst team.

2015 ain't easy, but not the hardest to take...

74 & 75 happened because we held on to older players for too long, and Phipps was awful.

1990 ... Another veteran team came crashing down after a great run.

1999-2000 gets the new start excuse

Then there are all the 4-12 and 5-11 seasons where we kept busting on QBs and pulling the plug on coaches.

But this is a special sort of suckage. This is year two of a regime that was handed a shitload of top draftpicks and war chest of cap room ... and has nothing to show for it.

Of the guys I mentioned, they inherited Thomas and Barny (and Benji) ... they get credit for signing Dansby and the punter ... woo hoo ... everybody else on the roster is just another guy at their position, nothing special.

No young guys to grab onto.

Nothing to whole heartedly say "Wait til next year" about unless you are looking forward to Josh & Johnny Drama.

But I'll come around.

Fuck the Chiefs.

Z

Erving looks like he doesn't belong in the league. And it is not for lack of effort. How can our scouting staff keep whiffing so bad?

I know, I know, he's a rookie and he's out of position and he'll make somebody a very nice Center some day.

By the way, re my original post, Karlos Dansby is a very good player, and a special talent too ... just too old to build around.

Unlike our 30 year old TE, 32 Year old Tackle and 34 year old punter.

Wait ... Our 4 best players are over 30?

Z

Yeah- that "veteran leadership" is working out great. NOT.

When you have 7 1st round picks in 5 years, and they all suck. It starts right there.

When you draft a QB in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round, 6 times in 17 years, and none of them are any good.

We have NO ONE in the front office that has drafted well. That's how bad teams continue to be bad.

Until they get someone that knows how to draft good NFL players, we will continue to be bad.

74 & 75 happened because we held on to older players for too long, and Phipps was awful.

1990 ... Another veteran team came crashing down after a great run.

1999-2000 gets the new start excuse

Then there are all the 4-12 and 5-11 seasons where we kept busting on QBs and pulling the plug on coaches.

But this is a special sort of suckage. This is year two of a regime that was handed a shitload of top draftpicks and war chest of cap room ... and has nothing to show for it.

Of the guys I mentioned, they inherited Thomas and Barny (and Benji) ... they get credit for signing Dansby and the punter ... woo hoo ... everybody else on the roster is just another guy at their position, nothing special.

No young guys to grab onto. Maybe Shelton, Orchard, & Kirksey on D, Duke on O.

Nothing to whole heartedly say "Wait til next year" about unless you are looking forward to Josh & Johnny Drama.

But I'll come around.

Fuck the Chiefs.

Z

When you have 7 1st round picks in 5 years, and they all suck. It starts right there.

It truly is hard to believe they screwed this up so badly. 2014 we went in with 3 of the top 35 picks and traded away. WTF.

When you draft a QB in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd round, 6 times in 17 years, and none of them are any good.

We have NO ONE in the front office that has drafted well. That's how bad teams continue to be bad.

Until they get someone that knows how to draft good NFL players, we will continue to be bad.

Farmer did a poor job with four first rounders, free agency and evaluating talent. The team hasn't quit, it's not the schemes! It is the players! Name one guy on this team who's elite! And don't say Joe Haden because he's not. There isn't any core players to build upon. All 53 could go. It's a mess and there's no ready fix. They aren't close. They're not even in the same league as the team's they face. It's time to face reality and stop blaming schemes and coaching. Farmer is the blame. Plain and simple. He's the one that wouldn't draft a wide reciever two years in a row. Whoever is quarterbacking has no help. The receivers don't even fight or come back for the ball.

The aging secondary is the worst in my lifetime. Farmer is to blame for letting young developing talent walk without even trying to keep them. No chemistry, no wide receivers, running backs, Safeties, Cornerbacks, edge rushers.

Farmer doesn't know how to build a team. If he did we would have balance. If he's deciding this year's draft forget it.

Archived