THE BROWNS BOARD

Republicans Sell Out

OldBrownsFan

I became a life long republican after the horrible Jimmy Carter presidency but I cannot support the republican party any longer and plan on making the switch to independent. It is bad enough seeing the party sell out to everything this administration wanted and more but they have forgotten they were not elected to rubber stamp Obama's agenda. Even worse I am sick of the hypocrisy of this party fully funding Planned Parenthood and then having a meaningless vote set for January to defund PP which they know will go no where. Who do they think they are fooling with this? Oh yeah these same republicans who voted for the 1.1 trillion budget will claim to voters in Nov they voted to defund PP. One big joke...

Paul Ryan Betrays America: $1.1 Trillion, 2,000-Plus Page Omnibus Bill Funds ‘Fundamental Transformation of America’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/16/paul-ryan-betrays-america-1-1-trillion-2000-plus-page-omnibus-bill-funds-fundamental-transformation-america/

Democrat Leaders Dance, Gloat, Declare Speaker Paul Ryan ‘Gave Away The Store’

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2015/12/18/democrat-leaders-dance-gloat-declare-speaker-paul-ryan-gave-away-store/

Budget bill leaves no boondoggle behind: Column

James Bovard 8:16 p.m. EST December 17, 2015

It's not worth being a member of either party unless they start representing the interests of the American people.

The fact that more people have realized that, combined with the 15% congressional approval rating is why Trump is going to win the nomination in a land slide.

Also why Sanders is getting such huge crowds and decent support. Clinton is just a much tougher opponent which is likely why he isn't trumping the democrats

Here’s the tip of the iceberg of the bill’s outrages:

• The bill fails to block President Obama from delivering up to $3 billion to the United Nations Green Climate Fund, a partial product of the Paris climate summit. Republicans initially planned to block such funding unless the Senate was permitted to vote on the U.N. climate treaty. But since the omnibus bill failed to prohibit such payments, Obama will soon deliver $500 million in U.S. tax money to the fund — despite the legendary record of U.N. programs for corruption worse than Chicago.
  • The bill fails to block perhaps the Environmental Protection Agency’s greatest land grab — its “waters of the United States” decree that seizes federal jurisdiction over 20 million acres that are sometimes wet. The EPA’s wetland crackdowns have been trounced by numerous judges. Republicans faltered even though the Government Accountability Office reported Monday that EPA had engaged in illegal “covert propaganda” to promote this policy.
  • It provides more than $3.7 billion for economic and military aid to Afghanistan, though an Agency for International Development study recently warned that some projects “actually had the perverse effect of increasing support for the Taliban.” Afghan relief continues to be a hopeless mess; the AID inspector general reported last week that the agency’s highly touted new monitoring system was used for less than 1% of grants and contracts.
  • It fails to block the imminent proclamation of Food and Drug Administration regulations that could severely impact the sale of most of the cigars now marketed in the U.S., as well as ravaging the burgeoning e-cigarette industry (which experts say provides a healthier alternative to cigarettes).
  • The omnibus bill failed to include a provision to end Operation Choke Point, a Justice Department-Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation's crackdown that pressured banks to cancel the accounts of gun stores, coin dealers, payday lenders and other disfavored industries in what Rep. Sean Duffy, R-Wis., derided as “weaponizing government to meet their ideological beliefs.”
  • The average federal worker is already paid more than $100,000 a year in total compensation, but the budget deal failed to block Obama from giving them a 1.3% raise — though many, if not most, taxpayers received zilch raise this year.
  • The bill extends the earned income tax credit without reforming it — though the IRS estimates that up to 25% of all handouts under the law are fraudulent or otherwise improper.
  • The omnibus bill dropped a House provision that would have required stronger evidence for federally proclaimed Dietary Guidelines for Americans. Earlier official guidelines have been widely discredited and are often blamed for contributing to the nation’s obesity crisis, but the same dubious evidence standard can be used in the future.
  • The bill provides almost $27 billion for public housing and Section 8. That includes an almost half a billion dollar increase for subsidized rental vouchers, despite the long record of havoc in neighborhoods where recipients cluster. The omnibus bill also dropped provisions to curb the Department of Housing and Urban Development from bankrolling fair housing entrapment-like operations or enforcing new regulations to bludgeon localities with a lower percentage of minorities than the national averages.
  • Some provisions of the bill seem harebrained even by Beltway standards. Republicans were justifiably outraged by the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives' "fast and furious" operation, which authorized sending more than a thousand guns to Mexican drug cartels. Section 276 of the omnibus bill prohibits federal agents from providing guns to anyone he "knows or suspects ... is an agent of a drug cartel, unless law enforcement personnel of the United States continuously monitor or control the firearm at all times." So the G-man is supposed to keep his finger on the suspect’s trigger at all times, or what? Perhaps it would be too easy to cease giving weapons to drug dealers.
  • Perhaps the most appalling part of the omnibus are the provisions that authorize tech and communication companies to secretly provide your personal data to federal agencies — no search warrant required. The American Civil Liberties Union warns that this information “can be used for criminal prosecutions unrelated to cyber security, including the targeting of whistle-blowers under the Espionage Act.” Rep. Justin Amash, R-Mich., rightly warns that a vote for the omnibus bill is a “vote to support unconstitutional surveillance on law-abiding Americans.”

They want to build an ikea by the plain dealer there in Brooklyn but have had issues because the site has some "wetlands" on it.

I mean I understand why wet lands are important - for birds, water, amimals. Taking one out really screws up the ecosystem in a major way. But over there in Brooklyn where it's surrounded by shopping, freeway, and the plain dealer I don't see the big deal. I just want an Ikea

The thing about this omnibus bill is that even far left democrats are against it (a la Sanders and supporters - although maybe for different reasons such as not liking that it increases the military budget but slashes the EPA)

Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders voted against it, those guys are about as polar opposite as you can get. Cruz voted against it as expected from a pretty far right conservative. Rubio, of course, didn't show up for the vote but thinks "it's basically the same thing as voting against"

So I guess that makes Paul, Sanders, Trump, Cruz, Christie for sure opposers of the bill.

I haven't really seen much about other candidates - but I assume the establishment guys like Bush, Kasich, Rubio, Clinton are in favor of it. No other candidates are really worth talking about really.

This 1.1 trillion dollar spending bill did everything to reinforce that the republican establishment is controlled by big business. Ryan got one concession for big oil in this budget deal and for that one concession he threw social conservatives and fiscal conservatives to the ditch to get that concession for the big oil companies. Because too many people do not follow politics the republicans will get away with pure hypocrisy as they will have meaningless votes next year to defund Obamacare (again for about the 60th meaningless time) and defund Planned Parenthood knowing full well these votes will go no where however when the republicans who sold out and voted for this 1.1 trillion spending bill run in November they will be touting their meaningless votes.

They want to build an ikea by the plain dealer there in Brooklyn but have had issues because the site has some "wetlands" on it.

I mean I understand why wet lands are important - for birds, water, amimals. Taking one out really screws up the ecosystem in a major way. But over there in Brooklyn where it's surrounded by shopping, freeway, and the plain dealer I don't see the big deal. I just want an Ikea

The thing about this omnibus bill is that even far left democrats are against it (a la Sanders and supporters - although maybe for different reasons such as not liking that it increases the military budget but slashes the EPA)

Rand Paul and Bernie Sanders voted against it, those guys are about as polar opposite as you can get. Cruz voted against it as expected from a pretty far right conservative. Rubio, of course, didn't show up for the vote but thinks "it's basically the same thing as voting against"

Funny the Cleveland clinic didn't have any problems leveling a bunch of wetlands and putting Avon hospital there (currently under construction)

the left plays with a dirty, vicious, dishonest hand.

the reps, many of them, are afraid of going toe to toe to

fight for what they promised....

wimp woodpeckerlike sombeeches.

Time to start another republican party, if they

go ahead and put Jeb into the nomination somehow,

to maintain their safeness from attacks from the left.

and, of course, they will lose the election again.....

I still don't like Trump, he's a "rep" that conservative

voters may very well be wishing they didn't get what

they voted for.

I'm all in on Cruz-Carson.

If the reps put Carson anywhere near the ballot. They will get beat by historic margins.

He is worse then having Palin on the ballot

so, you are admitting that all lib voters are RACIST. Got it.

Yeah because the liberal voters hate black people.

The reasons Carson has no chance are many.

I'm sorry you are on the wrong side of this fight, but playing the racist card isn't going to work.

sure. but why then did they vote for obamao?

because he promised free rides, free stuff.

I forgot.

No, part of my racist comment actually was derived from expecting

black Americans to toe the liberal line, and if they don't, they are

"uncle toms".

Obamao was religious too. The Muslim call to whatever song was the most beautiful song....

he was a Christian too, why he went to his hate America/give free stuff mentor.

go figure.

Franklin Graham quits GOP over Planned Parenthood funding

The Rev. Franklin Graham, the son of evangelist Billy Graham, announced he is leaving the Republican Party after the GOP-led Congress passed a budget last week that continues funding for Planned Parenthood.

Mr. Graham has previously said he has no faith in any political party, but his renunciation of the GOP on Monday echoed the anger of many on the far right who have called for Congress to halt all funding for Planned Parenthood in the wake of a series of undercover videos that revealed the group’s practice of harvesting tissue from aborted fetuses.

“This is an example of why I have resigned from the Republican Party and declared myself Independent. I have no hope in the Republican Party, the Democratic Party, or Tea Party to do what is best for America,” Mr. Graham said in a Facebook post.

Seeing and hearing Planned Parenthood talk nonchalantly about selling baby parts from aborted fetuses with utter disregard for human life is reminiscent of Joseph Mengele and the Nazi concentration camps!” Mr. Graham continued. “That should’ve been all that was needed to turn off the faucet for their funding.”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/dec/22/franklin-graham-quits-gop-over-planned-parenthood-/

Seeing and hearing Planned Parenthood talk nonchalantly about selling baby parts from aborted fetuses with utter disregard for human life is reminiscent of Joseph Mengele and the Nazi concentration camps!” Mr. Graham continued. “That should’ve been all that was needed to turn off the faucet for their funding.”

feelings

feelings

Don't be silly. Only liberals knee-jerk emote over lies spread by the evil media.

that isn't a feeling. It's a fact and a legit observation.

you don't like it. you hate it. it makes you sad and angry.

feelings.

is.

100%

of

who

libs

are.

feelings

Feelings are not a bad thing. I like them but even the bible tells believers we are not to go by feelings. Planned Parenthood is a private organization that performs many if not most abortions in this country and tax payers should not be funding them.

Feelings are not a bad thing. I like them but even the bible tells believers we are not to go by feelings. Planned Parenthood is a private organization that performs many if not most abortions in this country and tax payers should not be funding them.

3% of all of PP's services performed are abortions.

Abortions are already not funded by the government. The person seeking the abortion has to pay out of pocket (or maybe through a private insurance if it covers it not sure if they do, but any government subsidized insurance will not cover it).

--

*edit*

PP Services Performed 2013-2014

Planned-Parenthood-Services.png

3% of all of PP's services performed are abortions.

Abortions are already not funded by the government. The person seeking the abortion has to pay out of pocket (or maybe through a private insurance if it covers it not sure if they do, but any government subsidized insurance will not cover it).

--

*edit*

PP Services Performed 2013-2014

Planned-Parenthood-Services.png

It's about 12%, give or take. At least, about 12% of patients have an abortion

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2015/08/12/for-planned-parenthood-abortion-stats-3-percent-and-94-percent-are-both-misleading/

Right, 12% of total patients served in a year. The 3% is counting services performed which could be the same patient getting 3 different things done.

Still a small number, and they aren't federally funded for abortions anyway.

I've known a lot of people who have depended on PP for free STD tests and the like - so cutting out all the funding for it could be risky business.

Archived