THE BROWNS BOARD

Clinton says Isis uses Trump in recruiting videos, but Isis actually uses Bill Clinton and Obama

bbedward

During the Democratic debate (which was probably scheduled on a Saturday night purposely so nobody would watch it and learn more about the Clinton opposition) Clinton said that Isis is using Trump in recruiting videos.

Trump of course blasted her about it - saying total lie and demands apology Clinton is pathological liar blah blah blah.

Politifact and several other fact checkers of course say it's false, no evidence for it

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2015/dec/19/hillary-clinton/fact-checking-hillary-clintons-claim-isis-using-vi/

https://www.yahoo.com/politics/gop-rips-hillary-clinton-over-isis-comments-trump-174401171.html

--

More interesting though, Isis has a fairly new recruitment video out and D. Trump does not appear in the video - but former president Bill Clinton and current president Barack Obama do appear in it.

http://www.redstate.com/2015/12/20/bill-clinton-barack-obama-donald-trump-isis-recruiting-video-video/

I know redstate is strictly conservative biased, but that doesn't really change the fact that the video is ironic - given that Clinton's husband and Obama appear in the recruitment video.

It just made me chuckle

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trump will get the nomination.

I hope general election Trump is different from republican primary Trump.

My crazy prediction is Trump wins the GOP nomination, changes message slightly to appeal to moderates during the GE, then throws a YUUGE curve ball and announces a universal health care plan. And beats Hillary in the general by a land slide...

I expect Trump to do something like that, I only say the bomb shell will be universal health care because it's something he's never dismissed. At the debates he said "It works well in Canada and other places" , has said in the past it works, and has said recently "Everybody needs health care no matter what it costs"

A UHC plan would give Trump the presidency in a land slide, in my opinion.

It's a long shot, but it's what I'm hoping for at this point given that the general election is going to be Trump vs Hillary.

My crazy prediction is Trump wins the GOP nomination, changes message slightly to appeal to moderates during the GE, then throws a YUUGE curve ball and announces a universal health care plan. And beats Hillary in the general by a land slide...

I expect Trump to do something like that, I only say the bomb shell will be universal health care because it's something he's never dismissed. At the debates he said "It works well in Canada and other places" , has said in the past it works, and has said recently "Everybody needs health care no matter what it costs"

It's a long shot, but it's what I'm hoping for at this point given that the general election is going to be Trump vs Hillary.

The 1.1 trillion spending bill passed by establishment republicans has sealed the deal that no establishment republican will win the republican nomination. I think Cruz beats out Trump though (has more experience in politics while Trump has never held any public office and Cruz is an anti establishment republican). I look for it to be a real battle with Cruz and Trump.

The 1.1 trillion spending bill passed by establishment republicans has sealed the deal that no establishment republican will win the republican nomination. I think Cruz beats out Trump though (has more experience in politics while Trump has never held any public office and Cruz is an anti establishment republican). I look for it to be a real battle with Cruz and Trump.

I think Cruz might win Iowa, but otherwise I don't see it.

Guy has no hope at the general, whereas at least Trump has some

So your prediction is that Donald Trump wins in a landslide because of...

Wait for it...

A promise of more free shit!

That could do it.

WSS

So your prediction is that Donald Trump wins in a landslide because of...

Wait for it...

A promise of more free shit!

That could do it.

WSS

Yep. Health care should be a right guaranteed to citizens and not a privilege.

Coming from a guy who works for one of the best companies in Cleveland (many probably consider it the best) and my health care options are virtually better than everybody else's. I can choose between a couple HSA plans where they match contributions, PPO plan, etc. All relatively cheap on my end.

I definitely support universal health care

You can support whatever you want but why is you are plan better than anybody else's?

WSS

Because I have one and it doesn't cost me a fortune.

Many don't have one or can't afford one - I'd like to see us just fix the health care system once and for all.

The "conservative movement" is not as popular overall in this country as Rush Limbaugh makes it seem like.

Polls have consistently shown a much higher percentage of the country identifies themselves as conservative as compared to those who identify with liberal. I would credit the conservative movement for much of the republicans success in 10 and 14 where the republicans gained control of the house and senate. The conservative movement have had a few "duds" in there that cost republicans elections as well such as Todd Aiken but overall the conservative movement has been good for republicans. There is a reason the Obama administration used the IRS as a weapon to go after conservative movement types in the 12 election as they knew they were having a big impact.

Polls have consistently shown a much higher percentage of the country identifies themselves as conservative as compared to those who identify with liberal

Really? I mean, I'm not going to say that is correct or incorrect, but could you post any of those polls?

No one will vote for cruz. Trump will win because he's a household name.

The "conservative movement" is not as popular overall in this country as Rush Limbaugh makes it seem like.

I'd say liberalism is not as popular as they'd make it seem. Half the guys here self identify as conservatives. The guys here that are accused of being liberal on a regular basis seem to self identify as moderates. Only the vag has been here recently stumping for liberalism.

Less than half of democrats identify as liberal.

While nearly every republican identifies as a conservative (even some who are clearly not very conservative - like Jeb Bush)

Lump in the moderates, liberals, and other independents (most of which are further left than the democratic party) and Cruz loses the general in a land slide.

anti-gay, let the mother die before letting her get an abortion (he loves Troy Newman, who encourages terrorist attacks on abortion clinics - and says LGBT has no place in society), cut down medicare, cut down social security or raise the age so you can collect it when you're 90, jack the military budget even higher, remove every regulation that exists to protect the consumer (keep regulations on telecom of course, remove regulations on oil and gas), climate change is fake, consumption tax to **** everybody, war with russia

This may be popular rhetoric here, but it is far from the majority of the country. Even "conservatives" don't like a lot of that rhetoric, it's really the furthest to the right circles that like it.

If Cruz somehow wins the nomination (he won't) then he will get obliterated by Clinton in one of the biggest land slides in history.

Trump, however, is actually moderate on almost every issue. Semi-reasonable tax plan, foreign policy ideas that both democrats and independents can get behind, doesn't really care about gay marriage, not fighting to overturn Roe v Wade (a battle that will never be won), wants to expand medicare (no plan released, but has said "everybody has to be covered no matter the cost"), wants to secure the border (an idea that is ultimately popular among the average democrat, independent, and republican)

Much of the rhetoric is brash, and he makes headlines every day for saying something outlandish. But I think he has the ability to turn that bit around during a general election and sound more reasonable to moderates (mostly because, his ideas are more moderate than the way he presents them)

There's also the money factor. People don't trust politicians, Cruz is "anti-establishment" but the size of his average donations are rivaled by no one else except Hillary Clinton.

No one will vote for cruz. Trump will win because he's a household name.

It is a win win for me as I support both but lean more towards Cruz. I would not underestimate Cruz he is a great debater and liked by the republican base and it is the base that goes out and votes in the primaries.

It is a win win for me as I support both but lean more towards Cruz. I would not underestimate Cruz he is a great debater and liked by the republican base and it is the base that goes out and votes in the primaries.

Trump is considered more electable by the base, usually that metric is more accurate than head-to-head polling (Though Trump is also winning head-to-head polling everywhere)

Cruz is too much of a Huckabee. He'll win Iowa then fizzle out - if he did pull through I think he has no chance against Hillary, which is the ultimate goal.

Moderate democrats, moderate republicans, and some independents that fall into that mix are desperate to have a reasonable alternative to Clinton. Trump might be able to win them over if he changes tune a bit. Cruz, however, I think has no chance.

Archived