THE BROWNS BOARD

Do we have to talk about this team

The Gipper

Not good. My broken finger is not healing and I don't want surgery. Then my back went out Saturday and I'm now immobile, lying on a heating pad. I take care of my 93 year old Father so I can't be laid up. I'm fine other than that. How are you doing?

Hmm a forum for Browns fans which is meant for discussions about the Cleveland Browns

Ok, lets talk about you. How are you doing today?

Went to see Star Wars this afternoon. Already has some discussion of it on the Entertainment Board.

And I had a Philly cheese steak sandwich for lunch.

I had my only appointment for the day cancel on me.

Made a few phone calls.

Made some appointments.

Then I got back on here. Have the Browns improved in the few hours I've been gone?

Checked my Facebook and e-mails.

How about one that lets us chose a percentage of stay or go for Farmer, O'Neil, Flip and Pettine.

Here is a local article with that poll you're asking about.....

Fans voted 87% against Farmer and 13% against Pettine.....and the local pundits went 4-0 for firing Farmer first.....

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/is_mike_pettine_or_ray_farmer.html#incart_river_index

Here is a local article with that poll you're asking about.....

Fans voted 87% against Farmer and 13% against Pettine.....and the local pundits went 4-0 for firing Farmer first.....

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/12/is_mike_pettine_or_ray_farmer.html#incart_river_index

Well I just helped him round up too 88%. :lol:

Ha!....gotta say im surprised at this poll, simply based upon all the anti Pettine venom being spread here....but happy to know that some others seem to see it the way we see it.... ;)

Ditto...

Shocked and pleased all at once...

Im OK with keeping Pett as long as he goes to clock management school.

But problem is ... if you replace Farmer and keep Pett, Pett will be on a short leash because new GM or possible head football dude will want "his guy", and Pett will have to win next year or we are starting all over again with a coaching staff and scheme and it never ends.

You almost gotta keep both or fire both ... but if I had to keep one ... Yes, Pett.

Z

Im OK with keeping Pett as long as he goes to clock management school.

But problem is ... if you replace Farmer and keep Pett, Pett will be on a short leash because new GM or possible head football dude will want "his guy", and Pett will have to win next year or we are starting all over again with a coaching staff and scheme and it never ends.

You almost gotta keep both or fire both ... but if I had to keep one ... Yes, Pett.

Z

That is why we need a POFO. President of Football Operations......where the GM is NOT the HC's boss, but the POFO is.

The model was when we brought Holmgren in here.....its just that he definitely was not the right guy because he cared not a whit about improving the team....only about his paycheck and the cigars he could shove up his ass.

Get a real guy and it could work.

Archived