THE BROWNS BOARD

Merry Christmas to everybody (except woodpecker is the gay grinch of the board)

calfoxwc

In all seriousness thought, merry Christmas, Xmas, hannukah, divali or whatever the fuck else to you fine folks. Even you cal.

What's everybody doing this year? For me it's my first Christmas away from the family rituals so a bit of a big one, starting my own traditions and cooking dinner for myself and Mrs gft. Roast duck with pork and chestnut stuffing and cranberry and orange sauce, and crispy roast potatoes. Can't wait.

She's French and so we are doing both a Christmas eve celebration and Christmas day, double the fun. Seafood amuse bouche and booze.

The traditional eh? I had lamb korma from my favorite Indian place and just finished building a train table for the boys. This is the first Christmas that they seem to understand what is going on.

So merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

And that's the problem. I have no issue with you being religious, being christian, muslim, hindu, jewish, buddhist, or worshiping at the blocking statue of joe thomas. But when you tell me I *have* to live my life this way because your god tells you so, then I'm going to take issue.

I don't mind, so much, people saying "hey, have you heard about jesus? he's a cool guy!" and I can say "yeah, not for me thanks" and they say "ok thanks for listening" - no biggie. And to be honest, most christians I've met have been that way, and indeed most religious people.

However, when it goes more like "you're living in SIN! you're going to burn in hell fire for eternity, you man whore! global warming is god being angry with us for allowing gay marriage!" then yeah, we're going to butt heads.

Chris, first of all Merry Christmas.

In all the times I have posted about Christianity and debated bible issues with either you or Woody my intent has always been to defend my faith and it was never more than that. I only try to witness my faith to someone who is open or searching for the truth. When I post with either you or Woody I know that you are atheist and my motivation has always been defending my beliefs. I may share my Christian beliefs but it is just putting it out there in the open arena of ideas. If I post anything about Christianity I keep it on this side of the Browns board where it belongs but even then on the football side of the Browns board if the subject is Tim Tebow's Christian faith or players praying after a game and the subject matter is appropriate to Christianity will be the only time I post on faith issues. Things change, atheists become Christians sometimes but I believe in you and Woody's case nobody will win you over to the faith by debating.

We have free will (although Woody might disagree with that). Christianity is never to try to be forced on anyone. It is a faith you either accept or reject.

Archived