THE BROWNS BOARD

Farmer Gone?

Nuckin Futz

This is what I want. Get rid of this arrogant asshat, and keep SOME of our other pieces. O'Neil can take a hike, but I want to keep the others. Oh, and a new OL coach. Pettine is a first time coach, I'm on board for a 3rd year. He's a notoriously hard worker, and I want to see if he can improve. But he simply MUST sever the umbilical cord with O'Neil.

This is what I want. Get rid of this arrogant asshat, and keep SOME of our other pieces. O'Neil can take a hike, but I want to keep the others. Oh, and a new OL coach. Pettine is a first time coach, I'm on board for a 3rd year. He's a notoriously hard worker, and I want to see if he can improve. But he simply MUST sever the umbilical cord with O'Neil.

I think this may be the right formula. Dump the OL coach and the DC.....as these were our biggest problem areas. Get a GM that can recognize talent above the 4th round.

I could have drafted as well as Farmer just by looking at CBS sports or Walter Football.....or even Kiper...and choosing from there lists.

Giving Pettine another year would be OK.....as long as, yes, he brings in a professional DC....not the bum they have now.

I think this may be the right formula. Dump the OL coach and the DC.....as these were our biggest problem areas. Get a GM that can recognize talent above the 4th round.

I could have drafted as well as Farmer just by looking at CBS sports or Walter Football.....or even Kiper...and choosing from there lists.

Giving Pettine another year would be OK.....as long as, yes, he brings in a professional DC....not the bum they have now.

Gipper, we have no OL coach. He got dumped for his 'snafu' early in the season. We've had an interim assistant guy doing the job, but frankly we should just have had Joe Thomas coaching the guys.

Gipper, we have no OL coach. He got dumped for his 'snafu' early in the season. We've had an interim assistant guy doing the job, but frankly we should just have had Joe Thomas coaching the guys.

Right....when Andy Moeller got fired it has been a bandaid applied as far as OL coaching.

JT could very well go into coaching when his playing days are done.

They better not fire him unless they have a true plan in place (as much as I hate to write that). Firing him and hoping to lure someone will just continue the stupid inept cycle the Browns have perfected.

Yeah, he has totally screwed up 2 drafts. If there is a strike 3 with him, then I'd can him.

I wish the source was more credible...

Omar Kelly is Wrong @OmarsMistakes

The purpose of this account is to point out the many mistakes, or embarrassing moments, that come from South Florida's most obnoxious sports writer, Omar Kelly.

I wish the source was more credible...

Omar Kelly is Wrong @OmarsMistakes

The purpose of this account is to point out the many mistakes, or embarrassing moments, that come from South Florida's most obnoxious sports writer, Omar Kelly.

Yea, I don't put any credence in this just because this guy says it.....I put credence in it because many, many people have said it and have speculated about it...and because of his record.

And it is not just the first rounders:

Terence West....traded up for and taken in 3rd round.......busted out

Vince Mayle...4th round.....cut before season started

Plus Gilbert/Johnny/Erving/Shelton......all with suspect futures and suspect production to date

(but I do expect Erving/Shelton/Cooper/Orchard/Johnson/Campbell to come around)

Bito was best pick so far. Kirksey OK.

I am not totally opposed to this. The issue however is the D that Oneil is running is Pettines defense. He's even said he wouldn't make the calls any differently. He'd have to be willing to bring in a new D coordinator who runs a different defense. Not sure he would do well with that.

1/4 we may know more! I'll wait for the official word.

Mike

I honestly believe that. Ask these morons and they will tell you they broke the hiring of Mike Pettine story first when they first started up. I told them on their Facebook page I heard it from Brownsboard an hour before they posted anything and their was like 4 guys posting links from other credible sources as well as Twitter before them. Needless to say I was booted from that group 5 minutes later.

Ray Farmer getting pissy with DPN, he tweeted this afternoon . . .

@RealRayFarmer

@DawgPoundNation @hometowng eat my ass hack

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out of town.

Dumbest fucking fans in ALL of the NFL.

Farmer drafted quality players that all were good performers in their respective groups. That the team in general blows is his fault? SO, hist draft pics suck? Is it his fault that all the other players suck?

You guys really are dickheads. Gullible dickheads.

Give farmer's picks to Belichik and they would all be solid contributors. As if there is some fucking magic to picking the exact talent when your pick comes up. I am supposed to believe that he picked ALL losers?

Pettine is the problem. His fucking guys don't tackle, block, catch, follow assignments or play with discipline. That shit has nothing to do with Farmer.

i GUARANTEE YOU..............Farmer will have a more successful Football career than anyone currently on the Browns staff.

I'm not saying Pettine is blameless for the dumpster fire that is currently the Cleveland Browns.

BUT I guarantee you Ghoolie, Farmer's 2014 draft is a pile of s**t. He took a guy (Gilbert) who can't even get on the field, and passed on four guys that made the Pro Bowl their rookie year.

Then took Johnny Juicer instead of Carr or Bridgewater.

Should I mention he gifted his washed up pal Blowe from his Kansas City $9 million to sit on his ass and do nothing? Drafted an OL (Erving) in the first round that blocks about as well as you could do?

Traded away, or let walk- guys that are starting for teams in the Playoff hunt?

The only one who should stay is the OC ....I would can the rest .....Pettine has made some criminal decisions during games and he has to go too .....

New GM, HC and DC needed .......and I want an experienced HC not some poor co-ordinator like Shurmur.....my choice would be Gruden but there is little chance of getting him out of the ESPN booth ......

Don't let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out of town.

I'm not saying Pettine is blameless for the dumpster fire that is currently the Cleveland Browns.

BUT I guarantee you Ghoolie, Farmer's 2014 draft is a pile of s**t. He took a guy (Gilbert) who can't even get on the field, and passed on four guys that made the Pro Bowl their rookie year.

Then took Johnny Juicer instead of Carr or Bridgewater.

Should I mention he gifted his washed up pal Blowe from his Kansas City $9 million to sit on his ass and do nothing? Drafted an OL (Erving) in the first round that blocks about as well as you could do?

Traded away, or let walk- guys that are starting for teams in the Playoff hunt?

And note: drafted Terence West and Vince Mayle with reasonably high picks and traded or cut them and got nothing in return.

Now, perhaps BB can make chicken salad out of chicken shit. No one, I think, is comparing Pettine to BB.....or to anyone that resembles a quality HC. I agree that the coaching here sucks swamp water........but it doesn't help when 2 out of 3 of your high draft picks can't play the game hardly.

The only one who should stay is the OC ....I would can the rest .....Pettine has made some criminal decisions during games and he has to go too .....

New GM, HC and DC needed .......and I want an experienced HC not some poor co-ordinator like Shurmur.....my choice would be Gruden but there is little chance of getting him out of the ESPN booth ......

Well, if a new GM and HC are hired....they are going to bring in their own OC. You could not require that these hirees retain anyone from the previous staff. They can do it if they want......I know some coaches have stayed through GM/HC transitions (Chris Tabor?)....but someone as important as the OC....no.

By the way......How do you think Johnny would fair in the WCO?

By the way......How do you think Johnny would fair in the WCO?

Well, tbh. His quick slant/underneath timing passes seem on the money and fast. Then he can do his thing when that breaks down and will be after less time than a normal system.

Well, tbh. His quick slant/underneath timing passes seem on the money and fast. Then he can do his thing when that breaks down and will be after less time than a normal system.

Well, the best in that system were Joe Montana and Steve Young....and they weren't huge each 6'2".

The WCO that Shurmur tried here with McCoy certainly didn't work. Was that because the system was outdated? Because the coaching was piss poor (almost certainly a factor). Because McCoy was not good enough?

Could JFF excel in it? Is he smart enough? I do believe it takes a very intelligent QB to master it.

Who could the Browns even bring in to coach it?

Here is a partial answer to my question that I found on Wiki:

2014 present

Baltimore Ravens John Harbaugh Gary Kubiak and Marc Trestman

2014 present Cleveland Browns Mike Pettine Kyle Shanahan and John DeFilippo

2014 present New York Giants Tom Coughlin Ben McAdoo

2014 — Oakland Raiders Tony Sparano Greg Olson

2014 present Washington Redskins Jay Gruden Sean McVay

2015 present Atlanta Falcons Dan Quinn Kyle Shanahan

2015 present Buffalo Bills Rex Ryan Greg Roman

2015 present Denver Broncos Gary Kubiak Rick Dennison

2015 present Oakland Raiders Jack Del Rio Bill Musgrave

2015 present San Francisco 49ers Jim Tomsula Geep Chryst

This says the Browns are using it now under Flip.

Archived