THE BROWNS BOARD

We are all going to die

One Post

Yep. Eternal rest as they say. But our soul lives on. There is a reason for space having no end. It explains infinity and forever.

Oh you snuff at these thoughts and think an afterlife is a big story in the sky but if I'm wrong then it's still all good let me explain.

If a person knows right from wrong they have something to answer to if they choose wrongdoing. If a person knows right from wrong and doesn't believe in God then there's no reason to have an "age of accountability" (which is the age when a child knows between right and wrong.) If a person had no belief then has no recourse for their actions which explains nonsense killings.

Go on then, I'll bite.

If you need to believe in a higher power that will punish you for doing bad things in order to not do bad things then you're a bad person who's just scared shitless.

If you don't believe in a higher power punishing you for doing bad things and you still do good things then what does that make you?

Your argument is that atheists will have a natural disposition to do bad things because they have no deterrent, as if there is not a set of morals that permeates society regardless of religion, and a set of very real and tangible laws that govern society regardless of religion.

Finally, the assertion that religious people are inherently good natured and senseless violence happens because of a lack of religion is demonstrably bad logic. As has been discussed here ad nauseum, plenty of religious people are great people, and plenty are dicks, while plenty of atheists are great people and plenty are dicks.

Go on then, I'll bite.

If you need to believe in a higher power that will punish you for doing bad things in order to not do bad things then you're a bad person who's just scared shitless.

If you don't believe in a higher power punishing you for doing bad things and you still do good things then what does that make you?

Your argument is that atheists will have a natural disposition to do bad things because they have no deterrent, as if there is not a set of morals that permeates society regardless of religion, and a set of very real and tangible laws that govern society regardless of religion.

Finally, the assertion that religious people are inherently good natured and senseless violence happens because of a lack of religion is demonstrably bad logic. As has been discussed here ad nauseum, plenty of religious people are great people, and plenty are dicks, while plenty of atheists are great people and plenty are dicks.

You were the first to mention atheist. No I'm not an atheist. Although you think you have an argument you don't. We are all sinners.

Your idea of no God isn't a good sign to unstable people.

Yep. Eternal rest as they say. But our soul lives on. There is a reason for space having no end. It explains infinity and forever.

Oh you snuff at these thoughts and think an afterlife is a big story in the sky but if I'm wrong then it's still all good let me explain.

If a person knows right from wrong they have something to answer to if they choose wrongdoing. If a person knows right from wrong and doesn't believe in God then there's no reason to have an "age of accountability" (which is the age when a child knows between right and wrong.) If a person had no belief then has no recourse for their actions which explains nonsense killings.

It would be bad enough to live out a short life (and even those living a long life of over 80 years is minuscule in relation to eternity) and then just to die like a dog or cat and go into nothingness but it is even worse than that. The bible does say these spirits of ours which are the part created in the image of God (eternal) live on. To live in eternity separated from God is something too horrible to even think about.

My single favorite punk song of all time. Richard hell's look and style was what Malcolm McLaren based the sex pistols off of even going so far as to offer him the singing gig before johnny rotten and 'pretty vacant' was a direct attempt to emulate 'blank generation'

Richard hell is truly the godfather of the punk image and style

I wasn't meaning to be ridiculing you, though, if you were meaning me.

You know what I believe.

...just posted that because Cysko's post reminded me of it...

If I was creating a cult to control people, I would tell my followers that being ridiculed for their beliefs is just more proof those beliefs are true.

Only makes sense.

In 50 years when the earth is in big serious trouble because of the effects of global warming people will be able to look back and say that the ones who predicted this and tried to get people to do something about it were ridiculed.

WSS

In 50 years when the earth is in big serious trouble because of the effects of global warming people will be able to look back and say that the ones who predicted this and tried to get people to do something about it were ridiculed.

WSS

Global warming is happening naturally. The tree huggers can blame humans if they want but I don't see them riding their bicycles to Starbucks.

Archived