THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns 2016 Free agents

Zombo

Guys scheduled to fit market, with my comments.

Tashaun Gipson FS 25 CLE TBD $2,356,000 UFA Only chance of keeping him is if Farmer is fired.

Craig Robertson ILB 27 CLE TBD $2,356,000 UFA We developed him, now keep him.

Mitchell Schwartz RT 26 CLE TBD $1,645,267 UFA This should have been done already, don't want to lose him

Johnson Bademosi CB 25 CLE TBD $1,542,000 UFA Best special teamer, gotta keep him

Travis Benjamin WR 25 CLE TBD $779,250 UFA Reportedly close to deal, makes sense for him and Browns

Scott Solomon OLB 27 CLE TBD $660,000 RFA Whatever

Austin Pasztor G 25 CLE TBD $660,000 RFA Sign him.

Tank Carder ILB 26 CLE TBD $660,000 UFA Bring to camp on another year deal

Jamie Meder DT 24 CLE TBD $435,000 ERFA Sign him.

Travis Coons K 23 CLE TBD $435,000 ERFA Bring him to camp with real competition.

Terrelle Pryor WR 26 CLE TBD $194,117 UFA Two weeks to show he belongs in the league

Daryl Richardson RB 25 CLE TBD $103,235 RFA I know nothing about him

Darrian Miller T 22 CLE TBD $102,352 ERFA Ditto

Of course new coaching staff, new schemes, affect all of this. But Gipson, Schwartz, Bademosi, Benji, Pasztor and Meder should not be allowed to leave ... but I'm sure it doesn't look good for Gipson or Schwartz, and Mack can opt out.

Pastor and Meder are restricted, so no problem there.

Zombo

I'm all for keeping Coons as kicker. He hasn't missed, just needs better special teams.

Schwartz, Benjamin and Gipson I would love to see all stay. First two I'm certain will, Gip maybe not, depends on Farmer as you say.

Meder, Pasztor, Bademosi, Robertson, yep, go for it.

Pryor - sign him to a vet minimum type deal, if only so we can keep him through training camp, then cut him at the 53 if necessary.

Clearly we cannot afford turnover at two OL positions. So Schwartz has to be a priority unless Mack stays and commits to additional years.

We aren't talented enough to keep STers who aren't adequate backfills on Defense.

Schwartz and Benji are the only 2 I would consider "must signs".......the rest are avg to below avg players overall....

Robertson and Meder might add some solid depth.....keeping Gipson would prevent the need to find another FS....

Coons looked ok, but not much leg in the KO department....so Id still say he needs some comp and we should be trying to improve there....

The rest?....dime a dozen....

Schwartz and Benji are the only 2 I would consider "must signs".......the rest are avg to below avg players overall....

Robertson and Meder might add some solid depth.....keeping Gipson would prevent the need to find another FS....

Coons looked ok, but not much leg in the KO department....so Id still say he needs some comp and we should be trying to improve there....

The rest?....dime a dozen....

Not must sign but I'd like to keep Robertson and gipson. The more we draft and develop our own talent, instead of replacing serviceable guys with other serviceable guys, the more stability we have, which has a big knock on effect.

Not must sign but I'd like to keep Robertson and gipson. The more we draft and develop our own talent, instead of replacing serviceable guys with other serviceable guys, the more stability we have, which has a big knock on effect.

Right...agreed....my only thing with Robertson is that he is really close to Kirksey and would basically be a return to "average", so if we are able to upgrade through free agency, this would be a position to do it...

Same with FS.....I love the Gip we had last year, but not this years version....so, if re-signed, I hope we get the good one.....

Eric Berry and Eric Weddle will be out there(probably).....so he's got some competition on the fA market.....

Ibraheim Campbell keeps progressing he may spell Gipson or Bademosi as Kirksey does the same for Robertson. Benji & Schwartz our must signs.. Meder is only 24? Sign Him..

Daryl Richardson was once on my fantasy team a few years ago when he played for the Rams. He was good but they never played him. Reminds me of the Browns and all the running backs they sign and let go.

How about the Browns taking Joey Bosa first round and with the first pick in the second round Zeke Elliot. Then a wide reciever or two. No matter who the QB is they have no elite receivers.

Craig Robertson ILB 27 CLE TBD $2,356,000 UFA Depends on draft

Mitchell Schwartz RT 26 CLE TBD $1,645,267 UFA Depends on if your first rounder Erving sucks like he's showed

Travis Benjamin WR 25 CLE TBD $779,250 UFA Yes as long as he isn't looking for TY Hilton money

Austin Pasztor G 25 CLE TBD $660,000 RFA Sign him.

Tank Carder ILB 26 CLE TBD $660,000 UFA Bring to camp on another year deal

Jamie Meder DT 24 CLE TBD $435,000 ERFA Sign him.

Archived