THE BROWNS BOARD

Have to take a hiatus for a week or two? from our Brownsboard

calfoxwc

haha, Gipper..... :mad:

Okay, I'm back ! Have a new titanium knee !

And, thank goodness for two kinds of painkillers.

My first day at physical therapy was hell. lol

I found out after getting back up to my room,

that my surgeon said afterwards... that after they

opened up my knee, they gasped ...it was a lot

worse than they thought. He told my Wife and a close friend,

that they find it hard to believe I had to have been in so much

serious pain, and never told anyone.

Right out of the gate, I got reprimanded. Truth is, I was used

to fighting to ignore it.

Something about a whole bunch of bone spurs, having to

drill holes for the cement becausee advanced severe

arthritis bone on bone density, etc. It took 3 hrs instead of 1-1 1/2 hrs.

But the staff at Aultman hospital were wonderful, back on the floor,

and I never knew when they did the dreaded epidural, the anesthesialogists

were great, talked to me at length before....

And the nurses were the most wonderful gals you'd ever want to meet,

even when they had to steady me in the bathroom the day after surgery.

This spring, I can't wait to have Canton Mike or Westside Steve over for an hour or two

of groundhog skeet.

This is actually the first day I could sit down at the computer table.

And when I put full weight on my new knee, it feels amazing. Doesn't hurt.

And when I put full weight on my new knee, it feels amazing. Doesn't hurt.

The "why did I wait" is still pending?

Welcome back, cal...

My right hip has been an issue for years. It's adversely impacted my right knee.

But I fixed both by somehow royally fucking up my right shoulder over the holidays. The hip and knee don't seem near as bad now.

And that was my good shoulder...

Crazy enough, I was just thinking about this and Cal today because I'm scheduled to get my knee cleaned out next month.

Damn glad to hear you're doing well! Sadly the joke about the titanium knee and being the terminator was already used. Since you have your new cyborg leg, feel free to put it up Billy Manziel's ass if you see him.

Welcome back, bud.

But I fixed both by somehow royally fucking up my right shoulder over the holidays. The hip and knee don't seem near as bad now.

You went the Major Payne route; "A little something to take your mind off that pain".

Welcome Back Cal, Happy New Year & you have not missed a thing. My advise, start with JM goes to Vegas than the painkillers before the Jimmy's presser. You will thank me later ;). Good Luck rehabbing that knee & the name Billy is already taken in any re-rehab B)..

I need one of those operations too.

And I keep meaning to stop down but I won't be a party to any cruelty to groundhogs.

WSS

Hey Steve, let me know when you're coming. You & I will limit our cruelty to "OL' TIN KNEE" who truly deserves it! BTW, he has been taking "liberal" doses of painkillers! :lol:

Mike

groundhog skeet is where Canton Mike and Steve come down to the farm

next spring, and after they reach down into the groundhog holess,

grab em, and yank em out and throw em up into the air...

I shoot them like clay pigeons.... except I haven't found anybody tough enough

to be my groundhog beagle....

It figures Haslam fired the hc and gm while I was gone. And JM can't help but be

his own worst enemy, says one thing, promises that one thing, and does another.

And now, we find out he got a ticket for having expired plates about a week ago.

My suggestion for the Browns NFL draft... is to ask Pettine and Farmer who the top two qb's they

think the Browns need at qb...

then make sure they don't draft either one. I have to find a new phys therapist - I met the guy today,

and he said I'm well behind most of the knee replacement patients on range of motion, and ass..umed

that I wasn't working out at home, and I pulled a small lower back, upper right buttock muscle, and without

telling me first, he got impatient with the speed of my first of twenty knee bends... and helped push my

knee back, and now that butt muscle is spasming like hell when I go to sit down.

The jerk, I've worked like hell since shortly after the op, to get the swelling down,

and the range of motion as far as I did get it.

"sorry" my knee doesn't fit with all the other knees...

That's pretty much how our session went. Young guy, brash, not paying attention, etc.

He's already fired.

Today, a friend called and said "what can I bring you for food"... and I joked

that I needed a hamburger, but the Wife was out at the flip house... and she brought

me a Wendy's burger, with coke and fries, and wouldn't let me pay for it....

And looked at my knee, and said "OMG..... your knee was that much trouble?"

Tour - I should have done it some years earlier, but life got a a bit complicated, and my knee wasn't

important. And, the insurance paying 80/20... but medicare and supplemental pay 100%..

it worked out. I already had an 11 and 3/4 railroad track scar from the reconstruction surgery...

They actually used that scar to make their incision. There was some cool, brilliant rational about that.

And Tiam, I've had that cleaning out... it's arthroscopic, and you can go home on crutches outpatient,

and a few days later. you're a happy camper. I already had all the cartilage gone, it was a bunch of

bone chips..

We always get references for the best surgeon months ahead of time. My surgeon is locally famous

for being the very best.. which is a great thing, since the knee provided them some major problems...

Thanks everybody, I hope everybody's surgeries go great. And Tour, hopefully you don't need surgery

for your shoulder. You're gonna need that shoulder bigtime, eh?

Good to hear you're back on your foot and new knee, Cal.......bracing for the pain that will no longer come......thats great!

Soon, that bracing part will be gone too.....

Know a few who have new knees and hips and, to a man, they all recovered quickly and improved their lives immensely...

My Dad has titanium balls and says they're great!!!!......so there's that too....

And Mr. Shelton Bean Haden III is quite the ground hog sniffer outer.....just saying.....;)

Archived