THE BROWNS BOARD

Starting to Soften on Keeping Pettine

Flugel

Won't happen barring a Scrooge level Christmas heart turn around or threatening Pettine's job. It would require a rather dramatic departure from our schematic approach to his defense.

Which is sad because I firmly believe in the hands of Schwartz this defense could be quite good.

*ahem*

I'll beat this horse LONG after it's dead.

Yes, I do.....and, if you remember, this came after 2 months of me standing(virtually) alone against the whole lynch mob board, who INSISTED this team was LOADED with talent, that Pettine was misusing and, basically, ruining.....while I screamed to the heavens that it was talent talent talentless.....and everyone(including you) said it was coaching....and Farmer(Mr. Trade back).....

Yet....suddenly.....EVERYONE claims it was common knowledge and this strip HAD to happen....as if you all weren't just telling about all the great talent this team had JUST LAST FALL.....

Now, after reading that post, in which you're talking defense and our extensive needs on defense.....yet, we draft 4 WR's and you're like thats GREAT!......and when you're screaming to fire Farmer, then post how Shashi gets the amazing idea to trade back for quantity and how billiant that is....sheesh

I took heaps of shit for defending Pettine and saying it was talent...heaps of shit.....yet, NOW, its basically the prevailing thought that "everyone knew this team didnt have talents, blah blah blah"....my ass....what a load of crap....

I took heaps of shit on pointing out how shitty Kruger was and spent, god only knows how many hours, hearing you guys(yeah you) pointing out how good Kruger was and that Pettine and Oneill just didnt know how to use him(or Shelton), cause god only knows Shelton was bad because Pettine rotated him in and out, cause him to be tired from running to the sideline(yep, that was you too).....YET, this year, it AGAIN is the prevailing thought that everyone knew this and it was a GREAT move by Shashi to cut Kruger......and Shelton, even when he's not being rotated in and out, looks pretty much the same....

Blah blah blah....

Believe me....I remember these talks too and Ive been on the opposing side WAY more....and, for the most part, my arguments have PROVEN OUT to be correct....And, unlike Ghoolie, I dont usually go on an "i TOLD YA SO RANT"....But, IF i DID, it would be a very very long diatribe.......

So....sorry if Im not crazy about Hue or Shashi, sorry if my observations go against the grain, sorry if I dont see great talent, where others apparently do.....but Im not gonna start playing the company line because you guys cant stand to hear quality observations that miss the mark you are aiming for....

Contradiction contradiction contradiction....

You never stood alone on Pettine and the talentless 52

Pettine was not a good coach. Resurrecting this thread doesn't change that.

Thank you!

The man sent in the kicker to try a 60 yard FG with Devin Hester standing in the middle of the end zone. It was kicked and Hester caught it right where he was standing. The idiot Atlanta coach had called TO to ice the kicker...so what did brilliant Pettine do? He kicked it again and it was ALMOST returned for a TD.

That's all you need to know, to know that Pettine was a bad coach because that's being about as stupid as stupid gets.

These old dorks love him because he looks and sounds like a Cleveland guy. He has no personality whatsoever. He talks about "toughness" while not letting thugs on his team. He's absolutely boring as all get out and so are his teams. No surprise there's still a faction of Browns fans bitter that he was fired. Would I have fired him? No, but the guy's terrible.

These old dorks love him because he looks and sounds like a Cleveland guy. He has no personality whatsoever. He talks about "toughness" while not letting thugs on his team. He's absolutely boring as all get out and so are his teams. No surprise there's still a faction of Browns fans bitter that he was fired. Would I have fired him? No, but the guy's terrible.

I don't think anyone loves him but take a quick look at Hue's job today. Too many penalties, Mccown getting killed, young guys with 2 costly 15 yard unsportsmanlike penalties, terrible challenge and complete lack of offense for 3 1/2 quarters, is he a terrible coach.

So some young soft ass punk like you hates him? You still shitting yellow pussy?

Archived