THE BROWNS BOARD

RELIGION OF PEACE UPDATE: Saudi Arabia set to execute 52 prisoners including juveniles

StinkHole

Probability of the mainstream media not reporting it is high.

The government of Saudi Arabia is preparing to execute some 52 prisoners at once, including several juveniles arrested at protests, according to reports.

http://www.zerohedge.com/news/2015-12-03/us-ally-saudi-arabia-set-execute-52-prisoners-including-juveniles-en-masse

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shock Poll: 51% of U.S. Muslims Want Sharia; 25% Okay with Violence Against Americans

Any Muslim wanting to immigrate to the United States and wants to see our constitution replaced with Sharia law should be denied entry on the spot. We already have too many American Muslims wanting sharia law.

If they want that kind of governing they should stay where they are at.

http://www.breitbart.com/national-security/2015/06/24/shock-poll-51-of-american-muslims-want-sharia-25-okay-with-violence-against-americans/

Saudi Arabia has always done this stuff. They drug people to the T and behead them in public, woman have no rights doing really anything including defending themselves in a court or could be murdered for accusing their husband of abuse.

They all love the Saudis except Trump and Sanderd, especially Hillary likes them quite a bit.

Saudi Arabia has always done this stuff. They drug people to the T and behead them in public, woman have no rights doing really anything including defending themselves in a court or could be murdered for accusing their husband of abuse.

They all love the Saudis except Trump and Sanderd, especially Hillary likes them quite a bit.

On the bright side it probably keeps crime to a minimum and let's face it, boys, the expansion of women's rights has hardly been of any great benefit here in the USA.

:D

WSS

Shock Poll: 51% of U.S. Muslims Want Sharia; 25% Okay with Violence Against Americans

Any Muslim wanting to immigrate to the United States and wants to see our constitution replaced with Sharia law should be denied entry on the spot. We already have too many American Muslims wanting sharia law.

If they want that kind of governing they should stay where they are at. OBF

If this poll reflects the true nature of that many muslims in this country....

I wish Os would step in and explain that.

We are headed for big, serious trouble. And a million and a half gun purchase

background checks just last month/and or this month.

A lot of America sees that big serious trouble is headed our way. We need to change direction.

If they want that kind of governing they should stay where they are at. OBF

If this poll reflects the true nature of that many muslims in this country....

I wish Os would step in and explain that.

We are headed for big, serious trouble. And a million and a half gun purchase

background checks just last month/and or this month.

A lot of America sees that big serious trouble is headed our way. We need to change direction.

Easily explained here:

"The Center for Security Policy (CSP) is a Washington, D.C.-based national security think tank that has been widely accused of engaging in conspiracy theorizing by a range of individuals, media outlets and organizations. Its activities are focused on exposing and researching perceived jihadist threats to the United States. The Center has been described as "not very highly respected" by BBC News and "disreputable" by Salon. It has faced strong criticism from people across the political spectrum, but has also had its reports cited by political figures such as Donald Trump and Michelle Bachman.[1][2][3]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Security_Policy

Some conservatives use disreputable organizations to stir up fear to get you to vote for them. Go conduct your own poll and see if you get the same results. Don't believe everything you read. I don't know any Muslim that shares the views this poll claims.

Easily explained here:

"The Center for Security Policy (CSP) is a Washington, D.C.-based national security think tank that has been widely accused of engaging in conspiracy theorizing by a range of individuals, media outlets and organizations. Its activities are focused on exposing and researching perceived jihadist threats to the United States. The Center has been described as "not very highly respected" by BBC News and "disreputable" by Salon. It has faced strong criticism from people across the political spectrum, but has also had its reports cited by political figures such as Donald Trump and Michelle Bachman.[1][2][3]"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Center_for_Security_Policy

Some conservatives use disreputable organizations to stir up fear to get you to vote for them. Go conduct your own poll and see if you get the same results. Don't believe everything you read. I don't know any Muslim that shares the views this poll claims.

And you quote *unbiased* left wing rag Salon as a source that CSP is not highly respected? And the poll is not believable because Trump and Bachman have cited it...using that logic don't believe the constitution either as both have cited that as well. You can use Wikopedia as a source if you like but in my own experience when I use it as a source I usually get told it is very unreliable.

Maher: Liberal Idea That Muslims Share American Values Is 'Bulls**t'

Last night on "Real Time," Bill Maher went off on liberals who "don't want to recognize" that many Muslims, including Syrian refugees, have "values that are at odds" with those of Americans.

The HBO host said that many Muslim countries either have or want Islamic sharia law, which he said is not in line with "our values."

"This idea that somehow we do share values, that all religions are alike, is bulls**t, and we need to call it bulls**t."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/11/21/bill-maher-liberals-wont-recognize-muslims-values-are-odds-america

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/21/bill-maher-blasts-liberals-defending-islam-muslims/

*I am not using Maher as a source just someone on the extreme left who is not afraid to speak the truth on this issue instead of being politically correct.

And you quote *unbiased* left wing rag Salon as a source that CSP is not highly respected? And the poll is not believable because Trump and Bachman have cited it...using that logic don't believe the constitution either as both have cited that as well. You can use Wikopedia as a source if you like but in my own experience when I use it as a source I usually get told it is very unreliable.

Last night on "Real Time," Bill Maher went off on liberals who "don't want to recognize" that many Muslims, including Syrian refugees, have "values that are at odds" with those of Americans.

The HBO host said that many Muslim countries either have or want Islamic sharia law, which he said is not in line with "our values."

"This idea that somehow we do share values, that all religions are alike, is bulls**t, and we need to call it bulls**t."

http://insider.foxnews.com/2015/11/21/bill-maher-liberals-wont-recognize-muslims-values-are-odds-america

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/nov/21/bill-maher-blasts-liberals-defending-islam-muslims/

*I am not using Maher as a source just someone on the extreme left who is not afraid to speak the truth on this issue instead of being politically correct.

Maher would have some fun things to say about your beliefs as well.

I would imagine he thinks you're a ret.ard as well... He'd use those words too

Well Woody the thread is about the religion of peace and in particular Saudi Arabia publicly executing 52 people including juveniles. If you want to change the subject and switch the debate maybe you should start a different thread. Maher is being intellectually honest. I may disagree with him on many things but on this issue which this thread is all about I agree with him.

I completely agree with Bill Maher if you are looking at the current state of Islam vs Christianity but the history of these religions cannot be ignored, nor can the history of religion. Religion has been used as a mask for violence for centuries and is not new or specific only to Islam.

Well Woody the thread is about the religion of peace and in particular Saudi Arabia publicly executing 52 people including juveniles. If you want to change the subject and switch the debate maybe you should start a different thread. Maher is being intellectually honest. I may disagree with him on many things but on this issue which this thread is all about I agree with him.

And you brought up Maher. It's just funny you're using him as support

And you brought up Maher. It's just funny you're using him as support

You can find other atheist intellectuals who would go so far as to promote Christianity as a means of getting rid of Islam. Ayaan Hirsi Ali has suggested it several times because she accepts that those who would buy into Islam would far likely convert to a religion than to believe that no God exists at all. While atheists may look down their noses at Christianity, they accept that it is far more peaceful than Islam.

Actually I quoted Wikipedia, which quoted BBC and Salon. I don't care for Salon, but I do like BBC. The poll is not believable because it doesn't come from an organization that has established itself as reputable. I can go make a poll, for example, asking this. "If an American pointed a gun at you, would you want to kill him to save your life?" And then report 95% of respondents said they would kill Americans. Without seeing the actual polling questions and methods, it is easy to make a poll that gives the impression you want to create by omitting the context of the poll.

Let's get real. The news, thesÈe polling agencies on both sides of the debate, they aren't about reporting facts. They are about swaying hearts and minds of the American voter. Why do you think this stuff heats up with every election cycle?

So Osiris. What do you think about sharia law. Do you believe it to be right?

Sharia law, just like Islam itself, is as many Americans see it is a caricature of what it really is. I don't know anyone who wants it here, myself included. The U.S. legal system isn't perfect but it works well enough.

Is Sharia right? Sharia gives capital punishment for rapists and favors mothers in child-custody cases. I don't have a problem with that. It also punishes homosexuality. I don't believe homosexuality is a choice and therefore disagree with punishing anyone for it. So your question depends on the aspect of Sharia you are concerned about.

I wasn't aware that it was permissible to pick and choose which aspects of Sharia law you were comfortable with. I understand that it's supposed to be the law laid down by god himself.

You understand incorrectly, which given the mass hysteria induced by the media, does not come as a surprise. The only laws laid down by God are in the Quran itself. Most countries that incorporate Sharia Law into their legal systems only incorporate a handful. For example, family law in Egypt uses some Sharia but that's about it. Many Sharia laws are 1400+ years old and make no more sense than the laws that allowed witch trials in 1692, and therefore are not used in most countries.

You're incorrectly assuming that I listen to the media to get my understanding of islam whereas I rely mostly on my own research because I'm a guy who's naturally interested in things. I'll admit, however, not knowing much about sharia law except that it's based on religion and I consider most religious people to be superstitious and dangerous, muslims most of all on account of their fervor.

I don't know a great deal about Sharia law. I'm sure there is plenty of fucked up shit in there but let's face it, I doubt there's a guy on this board that's 100% on board with every single facet of the United States legal system as it stands today. And I'd bet dollars to dogshit that many, if not most or all of those who claim to be Christian don't follow the Ten Commandments to the letter.

WSS

I don't know a great deal about Sharia law. I'm sure there is plenty of fucked up shit in there but let's face it, I doubt there's a guy on this board that's 100% on board with every single facet of the United States legal system as it stands today. And I'd bet dollars to dogshit that many, if not most or all of those who claim to be Christian don't follow the Ten Commandments to the letter.

WSS

Sharia is just a legal system derived from the Quran and other Islamic books.

If you created a legal system based on the old testament or something, it might look pretty similar. But we don't have that anywhere in the world at the moment..

Sharia law is horrible (and politicians turn their back on Saudi Arabia for their human right violations) and people don't realize how fortunate we are to be in the ole USA as we all have the right to due process, innocent until proven guilty (usually), and a fair trial.

You smoke a cigarette you get 20 lashes, steal something get your hand chopped off, insulting God or leaving the religion = death, being gay = death, treason = death, alcohol or slander = 80 lashes, adultery = death by stoning, etc, etc.

Part of the problem I think with the anti-Muslim sentiment so many people have is the fact that Islamic countries will not change their ways of the things that the western world (and much of the eastern world) view as inhumane or immoral (well, much of what they do IS humane and immoral given you assume morality is universal)

If Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, Jordan, Iran, Pakistan, Indonesia, etc, etc. would denounce these practices and work towards giving women equal rights and implementing a fair legal system then I think the anti-Muslim sentiment would be a lot less than it is now and would be much more of a minority group, but those countries have no intention of changing. Women can't even drive or venture out in public with another man or without her husband or father in Saudi Arabia.

If you created a legal system based on the old testament or something, it might look pretty similar. But we don't have that anywhere in the world at the moment..

Sharia law is horrible (and politicians turn their back on Saudi Arabia for their human right violations) and people don't realize how fortunate we are to be in the ole USA as we all have the right to due process, innocent until proven guilty (usually), and a fair trial.

You smoke a cigarette you get 20 lashes, steal something get your hand chopped off, insulting God or leaving the religion = death, being gay = death, treason = death, alcohol or slander = 80 lashes, adultery = death by stoning, etc, etc.

Part of the problem I think with the anti-Muslim sentiment so many people have is the fact that Islamic countries will not change their ways of the things that the western world (and much of the eastern world) view as inhumane or immoral (well, much of what they do IS humane and immoral given you assume morality is universal)

If Saudi Arabia, Jordan, Egypt, Jordan, Iran, Pakistan, Indonesia, etc, etc. would denounce these practices and work towards giving women equal rights and implementing a fair legal system then I think the anti-Muslim sentiment would be a lot less than it is now and would be much more of a minority group, but those countries have no intention of changing. Women can't even drive or venture out in public with another man or without her husband or father in Saudi Arabia.

Egypt's laws regarding theft, as you can see below there is nothing about cutting hands off. Please get your facts straight before making blanket statements about the laws of countries you know little about. Have you even invested any effort in determining if all your assertions are true? Have you ever listened to the king and queen of Jordan speak?

Part 8 Theft and Usurpation

Article 311: Whoever peculates a movable owned by another person shall be a thief.

Article 312: Whoever commits a theft to prejudice his/her spouse, ascendants or descendants, shall not be brought to trial except upon the request of the victim. The victim shall have the right to relinquish his/her prosecution in respect thereof, in any condition it is found. He/she may also the execution of the final ruling against the culprit at any time he/she wishes.

Article 313: Whoever commits a crime of theft combined with the following five conditions shall be punished with permanent hard labor:

First: The theft shall have occurred at night;

Second: The theft shall have been carried out by two or more persons,

Third: The thieves or one of them shall be carrying manifest or hidden arms;

Fourth: The thieves shall have entered a house, home, room or its appurtenances, whether occupied, or provided for dwelling, by climbing a wall or breaking a door, and so on, or using duplicate keys, or by dressing up as an officer or public official, or by producing a false warrant claiming it is issued by the government.

Fifth: They shall have committed the said felony by using force or by threatening, to use their arms.

Article 314: Whoever commits a theft crime by coercion shall be punished with temporary hard labor. If the use of coercion and force leaves wound trances, the penalty shall be that of permanent or temporary hard labor.

Article 315: Crimes of theft that are committed on public roads, whether within or outside the cities or villages, or on one of the means of lands, water, or air transparent, shall be punished with permanent or temporary hard labor, in the following cases:

First: If the theft occurs by two or more persons, and at least one of them carries a manifest or hidden arm.

Second: If the theft occurs by two persons or more, by the use of coercion.

Third: If the theft occurs, even by one person carrying an arm, and it takes place at night or by the use of coercion or by threatening to use the arm.

Article 316: Thefts that are committed at night by two or more persons and at least one of them carries a manifest or hidden arm shall be punished for with temporary hard labor.

Article 316 bis first: Thefts from the armed forces’ weapons or ammunition shall be punished for with temporary hard labor. The punishment shall be permanent hard labor if the crime takes place with coercion or by the use of an arm, of if an aggravating condition of those prescribed in Article 317 is fulfilled.

Article 316 bis second: Crimes of thefts from used materials and tools or those provided for use in the telecommunications, power generating and connecting, water, or sanitary drainage utilities that are established by the government, public authorities or organizations, or the public sector units, or those licensed or establishment as a public utility, shall be punished for with the penalty of imprisonment, if no aggravating condition of those prescribed in Articles 313 to 316 is fulfilled.

Article 316 bis third: A penalty of detention for a period of not less than six months and not exceeding seven years, shall be inflicted for the following crimes:

First: Theft crimes committed on one of the land, water or air means of transport.

Second: Theft crimes committed in an occupied place, or a place provided for dwelling, one of its appurtenances, if the place is entered by climbing the wall, breaking the door, using duplicate keys, or assuming, a false quality, or claiming to be performing or to be commissioned a public service, or such other illegal methods.

Third: Theft crimes taking place even by one person carrying a manifest or hidden arm.

Article 316 bis fourth: Theft crimes that take place during air raids shall be punished for by imprisonment. The penalty shall be that of temporary hard labor if an aggravating condition of those prescribed in article 317 is fulfilled in the crime.

If the crime is committed by using coercion or threatening to use an arm, the penalty shall be that of permanent hard labor.

Article 317: A penalty of penal servitude shall be inflicted for the following crimes:

First: Theft crimes occurring in an occupied place, a place provided for dwelling, or in its appurtenance or in one of the places provided for worship.

Second: Theft crimes occurring in a place surrounded with a wall or a fence of green trees, dry wood, or tunnels, by breaking it from outside, or by climbing it, or by using duplicate keys.

Third: Theft crimes that occur by breaking the seats prescribed in part 9 of book 2.

Fourth: Theft crimes occurring at night.

Fifth: Theft crimes occurring by two or more persons.

Sixth: Cancelled by virtue of law no. 59 of the year 1970.

Seventh: Theft crimes occurring by hired servants to the prejudice of their masters, or by the employees, artisans, or lads working in the laboratories or stores of their employers, or in the shops where they usually work.

Eighth: Theft crimes taking place by professionals who carry and transport the stolen items in carriages, boats, or on animal backs, or by any other person charged with the transport of objects, or by their followers if the said objects are delivered to them in their foregoing quality.

Ninth: Thefts from the wounded, even from the enemies, which are committed during the war.

Article 318: Thefts in which nothing of the aforementioned aggravating conditions is fulfilled shall be punished for with penal servitude for two years.

Article 319: Cancelled by virtue ref law no. 29 of the year 1982.

Article 320: Those sentenced to detention for a theft may, in case of recurrence, be placed on parole by police for a period of at least one year or at most two years.

Article 321: Attempted thefts which are considered as misdemeanors shall be punished for with penal servitude for a period not exceeding half the ceiling prescribed in the law for the crime if virtually completed.

Article 321 bis: Whoever finds a lost object or animal and does not return it to its owner whenever realizable, or deliver it to police quarter’s or the administrative authority within three days shall be punished with penal servitude for a period not exceeding two years, if he/she withholds it with the intention of its possession. But if he/she withholds it after the lapse of this period without the intention of possessing it, the penalty shall be that of a find not exceeding one hundred pounds.

Egypt's laws regarding theft, as you can see below there is nothing about cutting hands off. Please get your facts straight before making blanket statements about the laws of countries you know little about. Have you even invested any effort in determining if all your assertions are true? Have you ever listened to the king and queen of Jordan speak?

My bad you're right. Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Indonesia... are models for the rest of the world world and it's too bad we don't adopt a sharia-based legal system and dismiss the testimonies of non-muslims and women.

My bad you're right. Jordan, Egypt, Saudi Arabia, Iran, Pakistan, Indonesia... are models for the rest of the world world and it's too bad we don't adopt a sharia-based legal system and dismiss the testimonies of non-muslims and women.

Ok, so you aren't capable of studying a situation, understanding it, and making nuanced fact-based argument. Got it.

Well BB that sounds a little harsh if its even close to being the truth but wait... You can go to jail for cigarettes or Beer here in the United States of America. Even if you are an adult. Other forms of things that will fuck you up like weed coke or oxycontin will get you landed in the can. Of course you can rape a child and get probation so you can kill the next one. You can rape and murder someone and not be forced to give a DNA sample. You can be stripped of your job, your property your business etc if you are not deferential to minorities or if you dare to speak ill of them, or mention the name of Jesus Christ or hang up a copy of the Ten Commandments or say a bad word. A murderer, thief, burglar, rapist etcetera can be set free to do it again if the arresting officer fails to read them their rights in a proper manner and those rights include not having to answer any questions whether or not a victim's life might hang in the balance.

I guess if I reworded that manifesto in legal terms and said it was the religious law in Woozyboozy land somebody here would ship their pants.

:D

WSS

Ok, so you aren't capable of studying a situation, understanding it, and making nuanced fact-based argument. Got it.

I was mostly referring to Saudi Arabia, but all the other countries I mentioned have Sharia-derived legal systems and treat women, gays, and non-muslims like total garbage.

Condemning the way these countries treat everybody who isn't a muslim male (some Sunni/Shia minorities treated like crap as well), their third-world sharia legal systems, and the human rights violations that they get away with seems like common sense to me.

Muslims should condemn it too (and many do, but not enough which is the original point).

I'm not sure what your point is really. You cherry picked something I never said (Egypt cuts the hands off of thieves) and used it to make a point I'm not so sure about.

If you think the way things are done in countries who adopt a Sharia-based legal system are worth ignoring then I think that's a problem.

I stick by the fact: Anti-Muslim sentiment would be a lot less if muslims would condemn the government-endorsed human+civil rights violations that occur daily in several countries (Including the ones who live in those countries).

Archived