THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the AFC North

Zombo

Well, first week on the job, A.J.'s mom forgets to get me an injury report that cost me a pick.

It was still a successful week overall, so we will keep her around in the back room to keep McCarron in check, but meet my new assistant:

12050202553_b8e5038249.jpg

Zelda.

What Zelda may lack in looks she makes up for in keen awareness, hearing, smelling and injury reports.

She is on a two week trial, if she helps me nail the AFC North the next two weeks we'll sign her on for a full-time gig next year.

Pittsburgh at Baltimore 1:00 PM

Zelda's first assignment is a double-dipper and a no-brainer. She says the last dog that bet on Ryan Mallett ended up at Michael Vick's house. But don't pop the playoff cork, yet, Steeler fans, Zelda tells me a Beagle in Hoboken has a hot tip that the Jets will upset the Pats today. STEELERS 34 RAVENS 17

Cleveland at Kansas City 1:00 PM

The Chiefs are rolling with defense, but offensively they actually lag behind the Browns in Time of Possession, Third Down Conversions, and Passing yards. That catches up with them today as Johnny Manziel starts feeling comfortable as the #1 and starts making plays early and often. The Browns get the Chiefs down 14-zip and KC lacks the firepower to catch up. Zelda concurs ... two paws up for the Dawgs. BROWNS 27 CHIEFS 20

Cincinnati at Denver 8:30 PM Monday Night Football

Well this is the matchup we dreamed of in the early season, two AFC Powers vying for supremacy, and it looks to be a shootout between ... A.J. McCarron and Brock Osweiler? OK, so it will be a defensive battle. And Denver is a little better at that, and home, so Zelda and I are going with the Broncs. Shut up, A.J.'s Mom, you're outvoted, go make me a sandwich. BRONCOS 16 BUNGLES 12

TGZ

Week 15 Results ... Prev .... This ..... YTD

Straight-up ........... 33-19 ..... 4-0 .... 37-19

Vs. the spread ..... 29-26-1 .. 3-1 .... 32-27-1

Week 16

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore (+10.0)

This game could get ugly fast... and not just because I need a good showing by the Ravens D in my League 1, Fantasy final. Not even the weather is cooperating...

Prediction: PTG 44 BLT 13

Cincinnati @ Denver (-3.5)

In this battle of the back ups I like AJ better, but in the battle of the D's I like Denver's a lot better. Too much weight on AJ's young shoulders in a mile high deep freeze...

Prediction: DNV 27 CIN 16

Cleveland @ Kansas City (-12.5)

In the immortal words of Marty Feldman, "Could be worse. Could be raining."

As it is expected 17 mph winds lead to a combined 4 extra-point misses.

Prediction: KC 23 CLE 16

Zelda is obviously a good luck charm.

I knew if I bet on the Steelers they would lose and we would be troll free.

Until tomorrow, at least.

Z

They'll be here soon enough to spout off thier Stooler BS.. But.. It was nice to hear they lost , none the less..

Z

I bet on the Stoolers as well.. If I had known all it would take for them to lay an egg was for me to bet on them I would've started years ago.

Z

Where are all your Steeler fan detractors now? You pick them to win against a supposedly inferior opponent....and they cack up a furball.

Why aren't they in here jumping in your shit for making that bad pick.

Why? Because they are craven, feckless, hypocritical, gutless, cowardly......besides obviously being stupid.

Pittsburgh @ Baltimore (+10.0)

Prediction: PTG 44 BLT 13

Final: BLT 20 PTG 17 - LL/LL

Cincinnati @ Denver (-3.5)

Prediction: DNV 27 CIN 16

Final: DNV 20 CIN 17 - W/L

Cleveland @ Kansas City (-12.5)

Prediction: KC 23 CLE 16

Final: KC 17 CLE 13 - W/W

Week 16 Results ... Prev .... This ..... YTD

Straight-up ........... 37-19 ..... 2-2 .... 39-21

Vs. the spread ..... 32-27-1 .. 1-3 .... 33-30-1