THE BROWNS BOARD

BUILD WALL

VaporTrail

I will vote for Trump over Hillary every time.

I won't be voting in the primary, but I 100% expect Trump and Hillary to win.

If that's the case, I only hope Trump changes his teabagger rhetoric to a more center-left rhetoric as he has had in the past come general election time. The things I like about Trump are things that literally NO other candidate believes (no other candidate that has a chance of winning, at least)

What I like about Trump:

- No more sanctuary cities, secure border

- Universal health care sentiment

- Does not want to abolish social security and medicare or raise the retirement age to the point where you're on your death bed

- Does not want to keep toppling dictators in the middle east

- Calls Saudi Arabia out for who they are and what they do

- Ban late-term abortions except for in cases of incest, rape, or mother's life at risk (keep early-term abortions)

- Cut defense budget (it's grossly obscene how much money we are spending)

- Not a bible thumper on things like gay marriage

- Not opposed to medical marijuana

- Opposes TPP

- Says he will fix the issue of super PACs and campaign finance

- The mega rich give up their social security

Come to think of it, I actually like many of Trump's ideas quite a bit...Killing terrorist families and jeb-bush-lite tax plan not so much, but other things yea. He's also lacking details on a lot of things which makes it hard for me to entirely gauge him.

I've been telling people he just sounds crazy to appeal to the teabaggers. I'm hoping I'm right and when it comes general election time he goes back to his past where he had a lot more center-left ideas. It'd be easy for him to kill shot Hillary if he can appeal to independents (many of whom do not want Hillary no matter what)

Of course Trump will run to the right in the primary because in both the dems and republicans primaries it is the base that comes out and votes. Trump is crazy like a fox. He has tapped into the resentment voters have with the DC politicians who are sold out to special interest groups. The 1.1 trillion omnibus bill by Paul Ryan and the other republican sell outs is a great example of why the base of the republican party are looking to candidates not part of the establishment. Nancy Pelosi said Ryan and the republicans "gave away the store" for big oil. And they did. The voted to fund everything Obama wants and more and on social issues such as Planned Parenthood voted to fully fund them. So the voters in the republican party some of whom are fiscal conservatives and some who are social conservatives were all thrown to the ditch so the republican elites can throw a bone to big oil.

Trump is not above pandering either. I saw him at a rally in the deep south (bible belt) humbly dismissing his own book as the greatest book ever written and saying of course it is the bible that is greatest book. When asked his favorite verse in the bible he could not name one however...come on Donald at least learn John 3:16.

Trump is exclusively all about pandering.

It's the only way to win over the tea baggers at this point if you're a republican though. Otherwise you end up like Rand Paul or John Kasich.

What happened to Rand Paul is what happened to Rick Perry and Jeb Bush. There are lots of voters in the republican party fed up with establishment republicans and Trump has been their leader. Bush, Perry and Paul made the mistake of attacking Trump. (Christie did too at first but learned quickly that is a losing idea). Rand Paul is not an establishment republican but when he went after Trump early in the primaries he was throwing his hat in the ring with the establishment candidates like Jeb Bush.

What happened to Rand Paul is what happened to Rick Perry and Jeb Bush. There are lots of voters in the republican party fed up with establishment republicans and Trump has been their leader. Bush, Perry and Paul made the mistake of attacking Trump. (Christie did too at first but learned quickly that is a losing idea). Rand Paul is not an establishment republican but when he went after Trump early in the primaries he was throwing his hat in the ring with the establishment candidates like Jeb Bush.

I just can't get excited about the bush. He's Beau Bridges compared to Jeff Bridges. Rand Paul seems like a little bit of an outsider but doesn't have the balls to go completely libertarian.

Rick Perry comes off as a dumbass.

Ted Cruz is a bit too funny looking.

I still think Trump is a sideshow Barker and I'd be surprised if he lasts.

I don't see what more he could do, does anyone?

WSS

I still think Trump is a sideshow Barker and I'd be surprised if he lasts.

I don't see what more he could do, does anyone?

WSS

They called him a sideshow for awhile now.

We're about 30 days from Iowa now and he's got his biggest lead yet, I think it's time to buckle up for president elect Donald Trump.

He's not my favorite candidate by far, but he's also far from my least favorite.

I'm hoping for more sanity from him come general election time, but we'll see.

He's in a position to reform the Republican party in a major way on huge issues - that could be a very good thing for the long term.

They called him a sideshow for awhile now.

We're about 30 days from Iowa now and he's got his biggest lead yet, I think it's time to buckle up for president elect Donald Trump.

He's not my favorite candidate by far, but he's also far from my least favorite.

I'm hoping for more sanity from him come general election time, but we'll see.

He's in a position to reform the Republican party in a major way on huge issues - that could be a very good thing for the long term.

I was watching a show with three pollsters (who are all very good) and they brought up how these polls in the republican primaries have been notoriously inaccurate before the voting actually starts. These numbers have been known to turn on a dime. Trump has already faded in the first big test Iowa and is losing to Cruz. Right now it looks good for Trump nationally but he certainly does not have this locked up by any means.

Didn't know someone's looks disqualified them from being a legitimate presidential candidate. That's as bad as saying the same about skin color or gender. But since libdiots perceive it as giving them an advantage it's ok.

Are you high? Looks have been the single most important aspect of a candidate since the advent of Television.

Looks have little value to me as it is what that is on the inside that counts but no doubt as Cysko states it is important with many in the public and does play a factor in elections. The best illustration was the Kennedy and Nixon debates in 1960. At the time there were many in this country who did not have televisions and listened to the debate on the radio. Those who listened on radio gave the debate to Nixon while those watching on television believed Kennedy won. It was obvious that voters who said Nixon won who listened on the radio were going by substance of the debate while those watching on television were factoring in appearance as well.

A study in psychology class always stuck with me. They took a group of pictures of 25 *cute* children and listed a misbehavior offense they had done on the back of the picture and asked what the recommended punishment should be. They then showed another 25 photos of children who were not so cute with a list of the same offenses and asked what the punishment should be. Overwhelmingly the cute children were recommended for much less strict punishment over the other children who were recommended for harsher punishment. All of this was on looks/appearances. Looks are important in society no doubt. It shouldn't be that way but it is.

Archived