THE BROWNS BOARD

Erving and Paztor aren't doing too shabby....

Clevfan4life

anybody noticed that Crowell is starting to get some serious holes opened for him going offguard to either side? Our running game is starting to see signs of life, maybe they're telling Irving forget about pass protect...just fire out and hit someone. As a former lineman who played both ways, I can tell you that absorbing someone in pass protect is a lot harder than firing out and delivering the shot yourself.

Im not gonna take away from Pasztor or Cam.....But also think Crow has made some adjustments to what he's doing.....

Not sure "how" one just starts to see the openings....but thats what appears to be happening with him......

No more running up the backs of his OL and Im seeing some patience that didnt seem to be there before.....

I hope he succeeds no matter the reason for it. I like the guy. It would be great if we had a running game to take pressure off the QB.

Next year will be his year!

As a side not cause I don't want to start another thread, if Mitchell Scwartz turns the main pass rusher loose one more got damn fucking time......I mean i'm just stunned. It's not a blitzing interior backer or a corner blitz....it's their primary pass rusher and he's lining up outside your right shoulder Mitchell. Which means if you cut him loose he's got speed run right into your QB now WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU MOVE INSIDE? He did it against Denver and he did again yesterday. WTF?

As a side not cause I don't want to start another thread, if Mitchell Scwartz turns the main pass rusher loose one more got damn fucking time......I mean i'm just stunned. It's not a blitzing interior backer or a corner blitz....it's their primary pass rusher and he's lining up outside your right shoulder Mitchell. Which means if you cut him loose he's got speed run right into your QB now WHY THE FUCK WOULD YOU MOVE INSIDE? He did it against Denver and he did again yesterday. WTF?

Going to need to see a screenie on it. Could be the protection call?

Also, from my eyes, Erving got rocked yesterday. 'Shabby' isn't the word I would use.

I'm gonna need to see a screenie of Cam getting rocked. I didn't see his pads come up all day, certainly there weren't any obvious steam rolls right into johnny's jockstrap like the prior weeks. Give him credit in the run game, a couple nice runs from Crow broke right off him.

As for Mitchell, it wsa towards the end of the game. The commentators saw it too and asked why are they cutting Ford loose. Pretty sure it was Dee Ford, who right now with Houston and Hali out, is their main pass rusher. It was the same against Denver when Schwartz cut Sparret loose and he "killed" McCown. Only thing I could think of is that they purposefully had him chip the tackle to help Irving out and JM was "supposed" to get rid of the ball quick. But the way the McCown play turned out earlier I dunno if that was designed or not. If that was designed, I need a pro explanation for that. When you have the main edge rusher lining up on the tackles outside shoulder, what possible reason could there be to utterly cut him loose on a passing play? He's gonna be in the QB's facemask in just over 1 second, all these guys are world class athletes. Just makes no sense. If Irving is getting beat inside at least JM has a chance to see that and spill off to the side and underneath the arcing outside rusher. Cut the edge guy loose though and it's a straight line into the QB"s ballsack.

I'm gonna need to see a screenie of Cam getting rocked. I didn't see his pads come up all day............

Pretty much what I saw. I didn't see anything glaring which made me laugh, and for me, that tells me he had a solid day. I'm sure there are snaps where he didn't win his one-on-one, but the defensive guys get paid too.......

I did rewatch the first 1/2 last night and Cam wasnt terrible.....he did get juked out of his shoes a couple times, but didnt see him getting thrown around or over powered much...

One play, at the end of the half, he did get burned royally, which was the event that led to Johnnys run of 34 yds.....so we can thank Cam for that....

But....also Johnny......cause he had 3 open guys he should have already hit, but chose not to..... instead.....he held the ball and then.....he ran....(albeit, a pretty nice run)....

So....Cam and Johnny both screw up and then break down......and we end up getting 34 yds.....HA!......but thats a tough way to make a living....;)

Gonna watch the 2nd half tonight....will pay a lil more attention to Cam

Archived