THE BROWNS BOARD

Jared Goff

WalterWhite

Has not Committed. Question NFL durability at 210 lbs? In a AFCN climate at Utah not good. Love the ball he throws but does he beef up before the NFL Combine & does it affect his accuracy if he does? Tick Tock & could be a trade down option if no Bosa.

Has not Committed. Question NFL durability at 210 lbs? In a AFCN climate at Utah not good. Love the ball he throws but does he beef up before the NFL Combine & does it affect his accuracy if he does? Tick Tock & could be a trade down option if no Bosa.

First off, I'd like to say, as the username suggests, I am a Jaguars fan-yes we DO exist. I do not come with the purpose to talk trash or anything. I just love talking/debating football and like getting the perspectives of fans from other teams.

I've read this board periodically, and as I did on the old AOL boards, I enjoy reading a lot of the posters. I remember Zombo, Ghoolie, Hoorta, and WSSteve, and probably a few others I have not mentioned. The quarterback discussions here have intrigued me, but for some reason I felt compelled to reply to this particular post.

I think if the Browns think he is that guy, you have to pull the trigger on him, climate be damned. There have been many instances where warm weather college QBs have thrived with cold weather teams. Fran Tarkenton went to Georgia and had a Hall of Fame career in Minnesota. Brett Favre had a Hall of Fame career in Green Bay despite being from Mississippi. He was succeeded by Aaron Rodgers, who went to Cal, like Goff. Of course, I don't need to remind Browns fans about Sipe (San Diego St.) and Kosar (Miami-yes I know he is originally from Ohio) who thrived in Cleveland. I don't wish to rile you guys up by naming him (I still hate the Steelers), but Terry Bradshaw illustrates this point further.

The bottom line is QB is so hard to find, if you are in a position to take a franchise QB, don't bypass him because of climate.

Good luck to you guys in the future-just not against us.

First off, I'd like to say, as the username suggests, I am a Jaguars fan-yes we DO exist. I do not come with the purpose to talk trash or anything. I just love talking/debating football and like getting the perspectives of fans from other teams.

I've read this board periodically, and as I did on the old AOL boards, I enjoy reading a lot of the posters. I remember Zombo, Ghoolie, Hoorta, and WSSteve, and probably a few others I have not mentioned. The quarterback discussions here have intrigued me, but for some reason I felt compelled to reply to this particular post.

I think if the Browns think he is that guy, you have to pull the trigger on him, climate be damned. There have been many instances where warm weather college QBs have thrived with cold weather teams. Fran Tarkenton went to Georgia and had a Hall of Fame career in Minnesota. Brett Favre had a Hall of Fame career in Green Bay despite being from Mississippi. He was succeeded by Aaron Rodgers, who went to Cal, like Goff. Of course, I don't need to remind Browns fans about Sipe (San Diego St.) and Kosar (Miami-yes I know he is originally from Ohio) who thrived in Cleveland. I don't wish to rile you guys up by naming him (I still hate the Steelers), but Terry Bradshaw illustrates this point further.

The bottom line is QB is so hard to find, if you are in a position to take a franchise QB, don't bypass him because of climate.

Good comments re climate.

Hey are you the resident Jags fan we had on the old AOL board? Thompson or something? We went round and round on Bottlegate, and I just want to tell him ... No, it never happened to another team again, we were ripped off and the only team ever to run two plays and then get a call two plays ago reversed.

Z

Good comments re climate.

Hey are you the resident Jags fan we had on the old AOL board? Thompson or something? We went round and round on Bottlegate, and I just want to tell him ... No, it never happened to another team again, we were ripped off and the only team ever to run two plays and then get a call two plays ago reversed.

Z

I am he-LThomp5490.

Well, welcome back! Thanks for lurking around.

Glad you guys kept Bradley, I think you have something cooking there.

Zombo

Believe me, a LOT of Jaguars fans are not happy about keeping Bradley. I see arguments on both sides, and to be honest I'm not entirely sold keeping him was the best thing, especially if it means missing out on better candidates like Sean Payton or Doug Marrone, even more if it means they end up in Indy working with Luck.

I was pretty sure Pettine would have been a good hire for you guys. Besides Manziel, what happened to derail him? I see some talent on the Browns.

If are going to run the right system for him and we have the right staff; I would be very happy to have him as our QB. What college is he coming from and what other QBs have come from their (p.s. I already know, just wondering if anyone else noticed).

Kyle Boller.

I guess Lynch dinged his wrist but he looks really bad today against a really average defense.

I was intrigued by him for a while, but the more I watched the less I liked.

I'd put Wentz over anyone in this draft but I don't think there's a single poster on this forum that likes him.

I was intrigued by him for a while, but the more I watched the less I liked.

I'd put Wentz over anyone in this draft but I don't think there's a single poster on this forum that likes him.

What I watched of him I liked but I wasn't sitting and poring over the plays. Hard to evaluate how good a player is given the competition NDSU plays against,

What I watched of him I liked but I wasn't sitting and poring over the plays. Hard to evaluate how good a player is given the competition NDSU plays against,

They're consistently at the top of FCS. I agree it's not FBS, but it's not Division 3 ball either.

Goff looked damn incredible yesterday, watched most of the game. If the only thing the dude needs to do is add 15 pounds that's pretty simple.

It's easier to add weight than it is height...

I just love talking/debating football and like getting the perspectives of fans from other teams.

I've read this board periodically, and as I did on the old AOL boards, I enjoy reading a lot of the posters. The quarterback discussions here have intrigued me, but for some reason I felt compelled to reply to this particular post.

A welcome back to you & Thanks.. We can use some good outsider ballin debate so stick around & you have already proven more logical opinion than any Steeler Fan which is a lot on this board (oh yea JM fans too). For me it is a toss up between Connor Cook & Goff & I am leaning towards a 4 year senior from Mich. St. over a Cal kid. We also have a kid named Mingo that can't hold weight & wonder if Goff is that same kid? After we watch Pettine on our sideline & locker room, your Bradley shows the passion with players that we just don't have from Pettine nor his staff. It shows threw our players that we have no leaders that believe in his system. Has Hayes Pullard gotten any playing time with Jags? A. Pasztor from you has been playing well here, but it is Cleveland.. So stick around..

Archived