THE BROWNS BOARD

Fail for Cardale revisited.

hoorta

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if we aren't sticking with manziel, it'd be nice to draft a signal caller with something between the ears..

pretty sure cardale fails in that regard as well.

goff is my top rated qb as of now. sure that will change as everyone's stock will rise and fall between the bowl games and the combine.

if we aren't sticking with manziel, it'd be nice to draft a signal caller with something between the ears..

pretty sure cardale fails in that regard as well.

goff is my top rated qb as of now. sure that will change as everyone's stock will rise and fall between the bowl games and the combine.

y does cardale fail in that regard?? Cause he can't run the read option spread?? Guess going back to school is considered mentally disabled?

11-0 as a starter. And a national championship. Just dumb.

Krenzel was 25-2 as a starter with a natty to his name as well.

Cardale took a step back this year. However, JT and the entire Buckeye offense did as well. So it makes you wonder how much of it was on the shoulders of Beck and QB coaching. As over the course of last years bowl season - Cardale did a pretty solid job anticipating Windows and throws.

Well we got the Fail part right.

LOL, it's "Fail FOR Cardale" not "Fail WITH Cardale".

I always believe that you can really judge a player on how he performs in big games. Quinn sucked in every big game he played. I didn't see the game, but I am guessing Paxton Lynch didn't do well against Auburn.

I would take this kid #1, ahead of Lynch.

Yup, in the College equivalent of the Super Bowl - the guy won. That said Tom, Cardale did regress this year. Barrett got promoted, and I don't think Urban Meyer is stupid. One thing that cannot be debated about CJ is he has an NFL caliber arm. The OSU folks don't call him 12 Gauge for nothing.

can't read a progression to save his life. holds the ball too long. is dumb as a rock.

Depends how he scores on the Wunderlich Mik. Is he a Cam Newton, or a Jamarcus Russell? Ya have to admit, Derek Anderson could rifle a ball through a 2 foot window- if he happened to see it. Can Cardale learn you don't need to toss RPG shots at your running back when he's 15 feet away from you? Anderson couldn't.

I always believe that you can really judge a player on how he performs in big games. Quinn sucked in every big game he played. I didn't see the game, but I am guessing Paxton Lynch didn't do well against Auburn.

I would take this kid #1, ahead of Lynch.

Well, one thing Cardale has done is come up big in big games. Round 3 perhaps. (though...you know, there are probably 6-8 teams out there that might be looking for a QB....and any one of them could take a chance on him starting mid 2d round....fair to say?

CBS Sports projects Cardale to be drafted in the third round. So how about Bosa, Wide Receiver, Cardale Jones

Sure....we can become the team up north whose name they will say in Columbus......and for that 2d round WR: Buckeye Michael Thomas.

That would not be a reach at #32 regardless. Right now he grades as a late 1s early 2d round pick.

Take all the Buckeyes........at least then the Browns would secure the favor of the Columbus advertising market over the Bengals.

If he is there in the third round I'd take him. Maybe even the 2nd round.

I think I've seen Cardale throw some decent passes to Zeke Elliot - short and mid range touch didn't seem to be a problem.

If they haven't drafted a Qb and Cardale is there at the top of the 3rd, by all means.

Mik - a stupid kid would have went out last year. He went back to finish school. He can be a little "out there" with social media but it's nothing bad - and from everything I've read there hasn't been character issues.

It's hard to completely dismiss what Cardale did in the 2014 Championship run... and it should be.

I don't see how anyone would have an issue with spending a Day 3 compensatory pick on him to be a #3, project QB in place of Connor Shaw.

I don't see how anyone would have an issue with spending a Day 3 compensatory pick on him to be a #3, project QB in place of Connor Shaw.

Round 5-7 fine by me. Round 1-4 is probably the "grossly overrated by OSU fans" factor.

We really don't need another QB on the roster unless it's a franchise guy.

Would the possibility of drafting 2 qbs be an option? I understand that we need a lot of help, but would mccown starting next year and cardale and say Goff always competing for the backup spot all year be a positive going forward? Seeing that we constantly use 3 qbs during the season anyways. Hell keep Davis too. Lol

Would the possibility of drafting 2 qbs be an option? I understand that we need a lot of help, but would mccown starting next year and cardale and say Goff always competing for the backup spot all year be a positive going forward? Seeing that we constantly use 3 qbs during the season anyways. Hell keep Davis too. Lol

Based our track record I suggest we take one in every round and hope for the blind squirrel effect.

Well....thats the question.....in a league that usually likes to have 2 QB's on the roster, we just finished a season with 3........and now we have 4 guys under contract......and potentially a 5th coming in?....some are gonna have to go NOW, to make room......cause 4 or 5 guys getting reps at camp would be a freaking mess.....

So......count Shaw as gone already(ok)?......and, Id say, if we draft one, its gotta be Johnny who's gone to make room.....

Cause I dont see them cutting McCown(no way).....and they "just" signed Davis to 2 years guaranteed....(so he stays too)...

Room for one more.....(draft pick or Johnny)

Based our track record I suggest we take one in every round and hope for the blind squirrel effect.

Thats my plan for linebacker......draft 5 of them......we need em all!

Well....thats the question.....in a league that usually likes to have 2 QB's on the roster, we just finished a season with 3........and now we have 4 guys under contract......and potentially a 5th coming in?....some are gonna have to go NOW, to make room......cause 4 or 5 guys getting reps at camp would be a freaking mess.....

So......count Shaw as gone already(ok)?......and, Id say, if we draft one, its gotta be Johnny who's gone to make room.....

Cause I dont see them cutting McCown(no way).....and they "just" signed Davis to 2 years guaranteed....(so he stays too)...

Room for one more.....(draft pick or Johnny)

Thats my plan for linebacker......draft 5 of them......we need em all!

LOL on the LB's too Mud. But I think you are right on the QB situation. I think the comments on JM's off the field problems needing addressing by Pettine this week either has him going back into some serious rehab with serious follow up or he's a goner from the Browns either by trade or by cutting. He has not shown yet that he gets his "alleged" alcohol problem at all. The fact hat his coaches other players think he is very talented (despite this board) is the only reason he isn't gone already.

The fact hat his coaches other players think he is very talented (despite this board) is the only reason he isn't gone already.

Right....its maddening really.....all that talent not coming to fruition.....

If not for that high upside potential, he woulda been long gone.....So we keep waiting(hoping)(wishing)(praying)(dreaming) for that lightening strike that will turn him into Johnny NFL Football......(notice I didnt say "expecting")....;)

Archived