THE BROWNS BOARD

Steeler Week

Zombo

Here we go.

Once the Browns got eliminated this became our Super Bowl ... a chance to eliminate the Steelers from the playoff chase at our home.

It would be even better if the Jets lose and we win.

We're down to our third QB and thin at WR, so hopefully we can get the running game rolling again and keep them honest with Barny and Benji.

Defensively, Ben knows Tramon williams is out and he is going to pass, pass and pass some more. The young corners are really going to get tested. we could be looking at Gaines and Gilbert on the outside with Kwan in the slot. Only other corners are Desir and Bademosi. So we are going to need great games form the veteran safeties Whitner and Gipson. Gotta limit big plays and give our front seven time to get to Ben.

On special teams the big question is can a rookie kicker go the entire season without missing any FGs unless they are blocked (4)

We need a slow-paced game where the home crowd gets into it and the Steeler fags sit on their yellow towels. Crow and Duke gotta play like Pruitt and Pruitt and Austin Davis has to be decisive, quick and accurate with his throws.

We can do this.

4-12 ... but with bragging rights for the next nine months.

Go Brownies!

Zombo

--P.S. sorry for the lack of Steeler trolls this week, but they lost a game and haven't crawled from out of the bushes yet. I could bring back Vag if everyone wanted ... but I say it's kinda nice being troll-free this week.

A. Since when is Tramon Williams out. Had not heard this.

B. No, Vag needs to serve his entire sentence. After the Steelers are eliminated from the playoffs....only then can he be allowed back on. I don't want to hear his pussy lips on here while the Squeelers like a pigs are still active.

A. Since when is Tramon Williams out. Had not heard this.

B. No, Vag needs to serve his entire sentence. After the Steelers are eliminated from the playoffs....only then can he be allowed back on. I don't want to hear his pussy lips on here while the Squeelers like a pigs are still active.

Like, Johnny, Tramon showed up on Tuesday with concussion symptoms and went into the dreaded "protocol"

Zombo

Im loving it. At least no stupid Steeler fans and their bs on here for a while. Ah the silence is a rest from Ratardville err I mean Tittsburg

they will only miss if the jets pull off a lame game against the bills because we are not going to make a difference. But i don't see that happening..Jets were the real deal this yr and i can't see them losing to the bills...

If the Jets win and the Browns beat Pittsburgh then they're eliminated. No? We have a chance to beat them with Tramon Williams out. Gaines and Gilbert are going to come to play! I read Tramon won't be back and neither will Starks which is fine. Gaines and Gilbert should have been starting if it weren't for injuries.

I'm excited! Austin Davis auditioning for a job somewhere, Crowell auditioning and Pettine said he's going to let them play. Knocking the Steelers out is all we can ask for. All we need is an active Pryor and Jennings for me to be happy. Just want to see what they can do.

Browns 21

Steelers 20

If the Jets win and the Browns beat Pittsburgh then they're eliminated. No?

No, the Jets win- Steelers are eliminated- period. Assuming the Jets win, they're 11-5, the best the Squealers can do is 10-6. A Jets loss and Steelers win throws it into tiebreaker hell, and IIRC the Squealers get in by some obscure reason.

they will only miss if the jets pull off a lame game against the bills because we are not going to make a difference. But i don't see that happening..Jets were the real deal this yr and i can't see them losing to the bills...

Agreed. The Steelers could make a splash and go deep in the playoffs but nope they don't get in. Still can't believe Balt beating them last welll I hope the Browns do the same thing.

Agreed. The Steelers could make a splash and go deep in the playoffs but nope they don't get in. Still can't believe Balt beating them last welll I hope the Browns do the same thing.

Overall I do not believe the Steelers are strong enough. They have outstanding skill players......fair to middling OL...that plays well because they have a great OL coach imo.....but have little really defensively.

Now, that doesn't mean that they are so bad that they won't control Austin Davis and whatever we have out their to help him....but it not good enough to compete with playoff caliber offenses.....though, with their offense they could probably make a game a shootout.

--P.S. sorry for the lack of Steeler trolls this week, but they lost a game and haven't crawled from out of the bushes yet. I could bring back Vag if everyone wanted ... but I say it's kinda nice being troll-free this week.

They're in a steel reserve and Milwaukee's best coma still

Antonio Brown needs "Joe Turkey Jones'ed". Buddy Ryan would have a bounty to take this ass out this Sunday & pay more just to make sure Antonio don't line up in any playoff scenario. You don't let Antonio cleat your punter last year than front flip in your face in the end zone the next year. Whitner or Gipson or my new hero needs to earhole this bitch as Hines Ward would do. Fix it on the field & I will take that penalty gladly!!! Play like our old Browns & Protect Your Dog Pound!!

Here we go.

Once the Browns got eliminated this became our Super Bowl ... a chance to eliminate the Steelers from the playoff chase at our home.

It would be even better if the Jets lose and we win.

We're down to our third QB and thin at WR, so hopefully we can get the running game rolling again and keep them honest with Barny and Benji.

Defensively, Ben knows Tramon williams is out and he is going to pass, pass and pass some more. The young corners are really going to get tested. we could be looking at Gaines and Gilbert on the outside with Kwan in the slot. Only other corners are Desir and Bademosi. So we are going to need great games form the veteran safeties Whitner and Gipson. Gotta limit big plays and give our front seven time to get to Ben.

On special teams the big question is can a rookie kicker go the entire season without missing any FGs unless they are blocked (4)

We need a slow-paced game where the home crowd gets into it and the Steeler fags sit on their yellow towels. Crow and Duke gotta play like Pruitt and Pruitt and Austin Davis has to be decisive, quick and accurate with his throws.

We can do this.

4-12 ... but with bragging rights for the next nine months.

Go Brownies!

Zombo

Win or lose, it won't matter now. The Steelers FUBARed their chances against the Ravens last week. No way the Jets will be as dumb.

This will just be for pride now.

Antonio Brown needs "Joe Turkey Jones'ed". Buddy Ryan would have a bounty to take this ass out this Sunday & pay more just to make sure Antonio don't line up in any playoff scenario. You don't let Antonio cleat your punter last year than front flip in your face in the end zone the next year. Whitner or Gipson or my new hero needs to earhole this bitch as Hines Ward would do. Fix it on the field & I will take that penalty gladly!!! Play like our old Browns & Protect Your Dog Pound!!

The fact the insignificant players like "Turkey" Jones and Eric Metcalf are remember only because of what they did against the Steelers one time (just in the regular season, not the playoffs) is rather flattering.

Like, Johnny, Tramon showed up on Tuesday with concussion symptoms and went into the dreaded "protocol"

Zombo

The first game my dad drove us to from Rochester, NY was the day David Mays had to be our QB because Jack Lambert previously hit Sipe about 4 yards out of bounds a couple seconds after the whistle. Once the precedent was set that one would not be kicked out of the game for something like that - Turkey Jones power slammed/double dribbled Bradshaw off the ground. And get this - it was IN-BOUNDS during the play not to be confused with long after the whistle. Guess how many bad asses in black and gold wanted to confront Jones? 0

The 1 thing I never understood was how terrified Lambert was of our backup QB (David Mays) until I saw his 2 front teeth were missing and learned Mays was a Dentist. Not giving Pittsburgh's MLB a choice of novacaine prior to owning both his front teeth was some epic bad ass. Just 1 more episode of karma is a beyotch.

Back then, it didn't matter what the record was - we could still split with Pittsburgh.Then again, didn't we split with Pittsburgh as recently as last year? We can split with them when we have coaches we're going to fire within 2 years. For example, we even beat them in 1999 when we only won 2 games with Bob Slowik's 15 yard cushions. I realize today we're going to have to go with a bunch of corner's we could have signed at a McDonalds drive thru - but it ain't like Pittsburgh secondary came from anything better than a Burger King drive thru. They're just as sick-a-sucky about their secondary as we are about our's today.

Larry, your being a homer is why your biggest predictions always fall flat. My clear head allows me to still be a Browns fan, but see the NFL as it truly is.

I posted in a couple places that Buffalo had great motivation to win today. Rex Ryan eliminating the Jets? TO me that made the Bills the strong bet.

Steelers? Of course they are in the playoffs, it's where they belong. Hate it all you want, but they are a better football city, with a much better football culture and franchise. I love ya man, but you haven't moved past your Modell sucks- Pittsburgh Sucks Da Browns are great..... so the games are going to pan out the way you hope.

Reality man, reality.

Steelers in the playoffs, and the moron Browns can't even lose properly, sitting home for the playoffs and watching the Titans trade their #1 pick to someone who wants a QB. Pittiful, pittiful football franchise.

????

I expected the Browns to lose, of course I was hoping for the win. 3 turnovers and only 6 points out of those for the Browns, that's the ballgame.

As much as I hate to write it, Steelers are going to the Super Bowl. They will simply outscore everybody.

I'm tired of coaching changes and draft talk. I'm tired of walking out of our Stadium pissed off. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Archived