THE BROWNS BOARD

What about Dak Prescott?

The Gipper

Still have some work to do, but so far Prescott is my leading "darkhorse" candidate for 2016.

Have seen him grow from an uber raw Sophomore who bailed out of pockets prematurely to a nearly unflappable statue in the pocket this season surveying the field. I think his surveying included honest-to-goodness D reading progressions.

And last I watched him his throwing mechanics were really, really good.

I like Prescott and Nate Sudfeld from Indiana.

My two cents is simply we cannot afford to take a chance with the #1 or #2 pick on any of the QBs coming out. Go with what appears to be the "sure thing" at LB, get a WR early in Round 2, then take a Prescott or Sudfeld in Round 3 (if they have those guys rated that high).

Our D desperately needs an intimidator at LB, our O needs a sturdy tall guy at WR. Our QBs may not be fantastic right now, but they really aren't killing us this year.

Prescott is my leading "darkhorse" candidate for 2016......And last I watched him his throwing mechanics were really, really good.

After watching the bowl game, I see a smaller Tebow clone in Prescott.

So...now im confused....cause Ive not watched Prescott....and Tim Tebow & really really good throwing mechanics are not compatible....

So...now im confused....cause Ive not watched Prescott....and Tim Tebow & really really good throwing mechanics are not compatible....

Right. That is a non sequiter.

One guy says that Prescott has great mechanics....the next says he looks like Tebow....who was the antithesis of great mechanics.

So....which is it?

Still have some work to do, but so far Prescott is my leading "darkhorse" candidate for 2016.

Have seen him grow from an uber raw Sophomore who bailed out of pockets prematurely to a nearly unflappable statue in the pocket this season surveying the field. I think his surveying included honest-to-goodness D reading progressions.

And last I watched him his throwing mechanics were really, really good.

Sounds a lot like a former Ohio State QB that won the Heisman

He doesn't have the Tebow wind up but he does suffer from tap dancing like Johnny and not planting to throw.

Unusual approach to post videos that disprove your assessment...

I've never thought a QB bouncing on his toes was a bad thing... keeps his feet alive until he needs them planted. Dak sets and transfer weight to his target on throw after over-the-top throw in those vids.

At least that's what I see...

Can't remember Tebow doing that...

Unusual approach to post videos that disprove your assessment...

I've never thought a QB bouncing on his toes was a bad thing... keeps his feet alive until he needs them planted. Dak sets and transfer weight to his target on throw after over-the-top throw in those vids.

At least that's what I see...

Can't remember Tebow doing that...

I didn't post the videos to prove or disprove anything. I put them up because Mud and some others had said they hadn't seen much of him.

The bowl game I watched and in the LSU game, I saw him doing some pretty awful footwork when throwing the football ala Johnny the other day. If there are other games that people want to post that would be helpful. I have already stated I am willing to change my opinion if others can prove otherwise. I am leery of QBs coming out of that style of offense.

Fair enough...

I'm not a fan of read-option/ running QBs either, but there aren't a lot of offensive styles to chose from these days.

Can't wait until the Senior Bowl to see a few of these potential picks. anyone but Paxton Lynch. I've now watched his last two games and he stunk! Why couldn't we draft Cardale Jones and bring him along with McCown? At least he's clutch.

After watching the bowl game, I see a smaller Tebow clone in Prescott. I could be speaking out of school and someone else could show me the error of my evaluation.

They did both play under Dan Mullen.

You could use Dak Prescott like Cam Newton. Which is to say, in addition to normal QB runs like the zone read and draw, you can run normal running plays with him. Counter, power, Iso, whatever.

I like it.

Archived