THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam passed on Arians & Zimmer

WalterWhite

So, what makes you think he'll get it right this time?

Um....absolutely nothing......but ya'll got your wish.....so get out the erasers, wipe the board clean and get ready to start over....again

Careful what you wish for Walter.

Ha.....looks like a lot of people will get their wish today.....addition by subtraction.....

Just give us ANY COACH, as long as it's not Crennel Mangini Shurnur Chud Pettine.......

So. now the drooling and talk starts for Gruden, Cowher, Etc.....and Haslem will hire Billy Bob Bunklehouse.....

And if Jimmy gets it wrong again, we will be doing this again in 2 years. Until he gets it right, we can expect this to keep happening.

If he keeps hiring no name coaches he will have to get extremely lucky to fix this team.

2 of the best head coaches in the NFL for Rob Chudzinkski

So, what makes you think he'll get it right this time?

I'm glad Pettine is gone but who the fuck exactly wants to work with this dickbag Haslam?

That's what people tried to tell you after we lost the coin toss to Baltimore and you were all over the board with your we have to hurry up and fire the only problem in town: the Head Coach. As the day unfolded, Cleveland came back and beat the Rats.

So here we are with you getting exactly what you wanted. Head Coach fired from Head Coaches brought to us by Jimmy Haslem's criteria. Ever hear/read about the leadership at Pilot the Haslem hiring criteria set customer satisfaction records with? Pretty stunning stuff. Today? We're those customers. It gets even more disturbing when you see what his ideas for the front office have been and continue to be while scapegoats keep getting all the credit.

You got your wish now quit whining like Ghoolie all over the board. Last week Ghoolie set a record for intercepting the most threads with the most "Joe Thomas hurts my feelings" posts ever written by a man. This week his 50 Shades of Gay is posting about how sexy 400-500 lb Japanese men look in jock straps.

There is no chance he will get a top coach...aint gonna happen.....he "might" get this years flavor of the day(IE: whatever coordinator is popular this year...cause every year there are 3 or 4 whose team did well and they get the credit and get pumped up as the next great coach yada yada yada.....

Doesnt matter who it is......Pettine was that guy.....Kelly was that guy.....Obrien was that guy.....Quinn was that guy....Bowles was that guy....McCoy, Mularkey, Tomsula are all that guy.....

No coach is gonna right this ship in only 2 years.....so.....just hire anyone and let's get on with it....

Cause....Jimmy.....if you keep chucking those darts...maybe, just maybe, one will hit somewhere.....

I don't think Pettine was the hot guy.

We were the only team to interview him.

No one was going to hire him as head coach except Jimmy.

If they don't go after and get an established head coach, then we will be here in 2 years again.

I think a big time coach with experience has a much better chance to turn this team around then some no name assistant does.

A no name guy has no respect of the players. This team needs a big name big time coach to whip them into shape, and a no name guy can't do that.

as far as we know Arians & Zimmer passed on Browns for better teams to coach

And Gase did too....(in fact, he wouldnt even come in to talk, last time we asked)

Expect more of the same.......cause anybody with a brain and hopes for a good career aint working for Jimmy......

as far as we know Arians & Zimmer passed on Browns for better teams to coach

Gumby,

Believe it or not, Arians actually said he was disappointed Cleveland didn't even consider him. They never considered Zimmer either when they were too busy competing for Ken Whisenhunt, Chip Kelly and others. Arians actually coached in Cleveland.

As we move forward here, Chuck Pagano was part of Foge Fazio's defensive staff here back in 2002 when we had to problem solve the loss of Jamir Miller and still made the playoffs anyway. Fazio was doing an impressive job all the way up until Butch Davis stripped him of his duty and sentenced us to a prevent-a-win defense at the end of a playoff game. 1 dropped INT from Anthony Henry and 1 dropped seal the deal by Northcutt later and people only remember the collapse more the job that defensive staff did up until Butch's ego bailed Tommy Maddox out.

I see 2 former coaches that used to be here as candidates right now - Jim Schwartz and Chuck Pagano.

The biggest sting of firing the Head Coach is Flip and our QB coach actually had us not worrying about the QB position on the field at all this year. That's HUGE! In the process, Gary Barnidge and Travis Benjamin had career years regardless of which guy was chucking passes. We even had a rookie RB looking like a nice prong of attack especially in the passing game while I liked what I saw when he ran the ball too.

Flug, I was the biggest Foge Fazio fan & you nailed it on Butch "the butcher" Davis. I think Haslem has E. Wolfe in his pocket come Monday & what would you think of Tom Clements of ND fame coming with him as HC? maybe Flip & Kevin O'Connell still have a chance to build? Clements fits our coaching ceiling imo?

Reading about all that has transpired and they are saying that Pettine asked Haslem(point blank & face to face), on Friday, if he was gonna be fired......

.....and Haslem wouldnt even answer the question....(seriously???)

This tells me he is a complete pussy....definitely not a straight shooter....and not someone a Coach(or any employee) can trust to be a straight forward, communicative leader.....(strong leadership answers that question).....(and asks it, ftm)

Its clear now that he hasn't been communicating with his staff(which I already knew)....because the lack of him AND Farmer through this entire mess pretty much established that the franchise has ZERO leadership at the top.........

ZERO

Reading about all that has transpired and they are saying that Pettine asked Haslem(point blank & face to face), on Friday, if he was gonna be fired......

This tells me he is a complete pussy....definitely not a straight shooter....and not someone a Coach(or any employee) can trust to be a straight forward, communicative leader.....(strong leadership answers that question).....(and asks it, ftm)

Its clear now that he hasn't been communicating with his staff(which I already knew)....because the lack of him AND Farmer through this entire mess pretty much established that the franchise has ZERO leadership at the top.........

ZERO

Welcome to Pilot - the benchmark of customer satisfaction.

I like Pagano... but then I remember he was part of the organization that gave us a 1st for TR...

...and Haslem will hire Billy Bob Bunklehouse.....

Don't know him, but Jim Bob Cooter crossed my mind...

I like Pagano... but then I remember he was part of the organization that gave us a 1st for TR...

And...I may be wrong.....but haven't the Colts been a major disappointment the last few years.....completely under performing?

Don't know him, but Jim Bob Cooter crossed my mind...

That's true Tour but I wonder how much of a part Pagano was in any decisions made there considering how much he wanted to improve the oline and protection for Luck and all he got back for that in the first round of 2015 is WR Phillip Dorsett. On ESPN radio here in Nashville - they got into how apparent it was Chuck's hands were tied. The outcome of it was they couldn't protect Luck (a 1st overall pick investment/franchise QB). It got even more challenging when they had injuries up front.

And...I may be wrong.....but haven't the Colts been a major disappointment the last few years.....

a big yea & a they had a QB too, could you just image here without one.. UGLY, but they never fixed their other needs either..

And...I may be wrong.....but haven't the Colts been a major disappointment the last few years.....completely under performing?

They made the AFC Championship Game last year for it's worth. Luck threw 40 TD passes to 16 INTs without much of a running game.

Why can't we win in spite of an ownership that's lost its mind?

ZERO

Mud stop spreading well thought ideas. This team is one head coach/GM away from being the Patriots. Who wouldn't want to coach this roster of hall of famers in an organization who is patient.

Coaching the Browns is like being handed a pile of hobo shit and asked to baked a chocolate cake.

Archived