THE BROWNS BOARD

Militia takes over wildlife refuge

back on topic, I can't find anything about these guys that talks about planned uranium excavation. From what the "media" is reporting, the Bundy's are saying they're doing this cause the land was improperly ceded to the govt like a century ago or some shit like that. Now there's an Indian tribe that says that land was never ceded from their tribe to the govt NOR any ancestors of the bundy's. So the Indians are saying that these round eye's are basically squatters anyway so they don't know what all the fuss is about. Shit is getting convoluted and i'm starting to feel like we're not being told the real story. My friend is from that area but lives in Seattle, his family is apparently right around there and that's what people from that area know about this supposed dispute over the land.

So if the Indians staged a bundy coup on the land would the liberals shit their pants in fear or glee? Tough choice.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So if the Indians staged a bundy coup on the land would the liberals shit their pants in fear or glee? Tough choice.

well liberals would support it of course. "IF" this thing about the Uranium and gold is true, it's odd that it's not getting out there, especially from the supposed liberal media.

back on topic, I can't find anything about these guys that talks about planned uranium excavation. From what the "media" is reporting, the Bundy's are saying they're doing this cause the land was improperly ceded to the govt like a century ago or some shit like that. Now there's an Indian tribe that says that land was never ceded from their tribe to the govt NOR any ancestors of the bundy's. So the Indians are saying that these round eye's are basically squatters anyway so they don't know what all the fuss is about. Shit is getting convoluted and i'm starting to feel like we're not being told the real story. My friend is from that area but lives in Seattle, his family is apparently right around there and that's what people from that area know about this supposed dispute over the land.

Stuart

Did the Indians have a deed to the land?

This was not the acquisition of land from a sovereign nation dumb ass, but rather from a bunch of teepee dwelling nomads, who by the way, were at constant war with each other over territorial disputes.

I think this shows how delaying removal of these people, in an attempt to do so in a peaceful way, was, and is, a mistake. Ammon Bundy and his ilk aren't interested in anything peaceful unless the US gives into their blackmail demands. The government backed away from the situation in Nevada last year, and that has allowed the same situation to happen in Oregon. The U.S government did nothing, and now we see another armed gang, the Pacific "Patriot" Network, on the ground. The more that situations like this are ignored, the more frequent these events will become.

They will get nothing from the government. This is a waste of their time. But at least they picked a vacant government building 30 miles from anywhere to hold their protest.

Well what is the definition of a terrorist?

Was Timothy McVeigh a terrorist?

After all he was a white male born in the USA.

So how long before these yahoos start shooting each other and making the Fed's gun control argument for them.

http://usuncut.com/news/oregon-militia-descends-into-fist-fights-chaos/

Pretty funny bud. The feds gun control measures wouldn't have stopped anything so far and I'd be surprised if it would have kept any of these people from purchasing a weapon. And again, the left wingers would never lighten up the HIPAA laws enough to make a background check meaningful anyway.

WSS

• 2 weeks later...

During a rally in Oregon for two ranchers convicted of arson, a group of anti-government protesters initiated the armed occupation of a federal building at the Malheur National Wildlife Refuge. Here is everything you need to know about the militia standoff:

Where is the standoff taking place?

The headquarters of Malheur National Wildlife Refuge, future capital of the Free Republic Of America.

How did this start?

Protests began after local ranchers Dwight and Steven Hammond were ordered to return to prison because their time already served for committing arson did not meet minimum-sentencing laws, which, to be fair, often do more harm than good and are certainly worthy of reevaluation.

Who are the ranchers protesting against?

Gub’ment.

Why did the ranchers take over the federal wildlife building?

You big-city folk wouldn’t understand.

How many people are involved in the standoff?

An estimated 150 militia members who would otherwise be armed and spouting anti-government rhetoric somewhere else.

What are the protesters’ demands?

$5 million in cash and safe passage to 1874.

Is there legitimacy to their complaints?

Compared to the plight of the Oregon’s nearly extinct short-tailed albatross? Absolutely not.

Who is Ammon Bundy?

An American patriot who is currently living inside a government wildlife building in the middle of Oregon to defend ranchers who burned down 130 acres of federal land.

Are the protesters violent?

They have vowed to only seek a peaceful overthrow of the entire U.S. federal government.

How long are they planning to stay?

As long as their supply of whiskey and bison chili lasts.

What is the militia ultimately hoping to achieve?

Garner enough attention over next few weeks to be brought onstage during rally for a low-polling GOP candidate.

Is the protest going to work?

Nope.

Archived