THE BROWNS BOARD

Militia takes over wildlife refuge

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Play dangerous games, win dangerous prizes. The guy had a death wish trying to draw on people who already had a bead on him. I am glad that there is footage of it so dummies don't go thinking that they just gunned him down in cold blood. It appeared that they had every intention of just arresting the guy.

I wouldn't call them terrorists, but I woul say its fair to call Ammon Bundy and a few others of the group freeloaders and vandals. Most Oregon residents have tired of their "occupation", and I think most other Americans are getting bored of it as well.

I wouldn't call them terrorists, but I woul say its fair to call Ammon Bundy and a few others of the group freeloaders and vandals. Most Oregon residents have tired of their "occupation", and I think most other Americans are getting bored of it as well.

I think that's the case with just about any group attention whores no matter what their stupid protest might be. They wear thin quickly.

WSS

Dangerous morons who took over an unoccupied building and accomplished exactly none of their political goals is not what I would call a gaggle of terrorists.

you could probably go for 'violent activists' or something?

Well, the cops they tried to pull a gun on I imagine.

Then every violent criminal is a terrorist, by that logic.

Terrorism is an attack on a way of life, whether it's ISIS or al-quaeda or the taliban, or closer to home the IRA or PIRA or whoever, the attacks of those terrorist groups are against innocent civilians, in the hope of 'terrorising' them in to changing their ways.

The bundy's haven't done that, at least to my knowledge.

Calling them terrorists isn't that far fetched since they tried to "influence the policy of a government by intimidation or coercion"

I don't see why everybody's up in arms about what we call them though.

It is important to be consistent, and using different labels can easily direct a narrative for or against a group of people.

Archived