THE BROWNS BOARD

Justin Gilbert told the coaches he wouldn't play for them.

WalterWhite

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SC Cleveland™@SC_Cleveland 1m

Browns team source says Justin Gilbert told coaches he wouldn't go into game today. #browns via @LaurenBrill5

7 retweets8 likes

I never like to see anybody lose their job - I have been there more than once, myself - but it sounds like there was/is a mutiny on the team.

A HC coach should be able to support and - to a certain extent - shield his players from a dysfunctional owner (as an example)

Reading Zombo's post about JFF being out the night before a game, the rumblings about Thomas and Mack wanting out and this report (assuming all are true) tells me the coach lost control.

If the first line of coaching loses control, there is nothing else to control. The inmates will grown in number.............

I never like to see anybody lose their job - I have been there more than once, myself - but it sounds like there was/is a mutiny on the team.

A HC coach should be able to support and - to a certain extent - shield his players from a dysfunctional owner (as an example)

Reading Zombo's post about JFF being out the night before a game, the rumblings about Thomas and Mack wanting out and this report (assuming all are true) tells me the coach lost control.

If the first line of coaching loses control, there is nothing else to control. The inmates will grown in number.............

Thomas may want out because of the coaching changes. Mack has wanted out for a while and who the fuck cares what Justine Gilbert has to say.

I am definitely going to be labeled a hater for this but I strongly believe the core of the dysfunction all revolves around Manziel. I think the vets were literally sick to their stomach over being forced to have such a shitty team mate. It is amazing to me that one of them didn't beat his punk ass half to death in the locker room. I think the coaching staff to a large degree felt shackled by his presence and pressure to play him. I am by no means saying thats the entirety of the coaching issues as it wasnt.

Gilbert and Manziel are absolute cunts.

Pettine had to be fired because we are blowing up football operations, but he deserves a lifetime achievement award for dealing with these douchebags for two years while always supporting them publicly.

Z

Good post but I would like add maybe he never had the right type of control. Because if there are leeches on the team the HC should have every right to say "get them the hell out of here"

Pettine had to be fired because we are blowing up football operations, but he deserves a lifetime achievement award for dealing with these douchebags for two years while always supporting them publicly.

Z

This!!! +1

Z

No sympathy for either of those players, but Gilbert was a Pettine pick. Where were these character red flags when he drafted the guy?

No sympathy for either of those players, but Gilbert was a Pettine pick. Where were these character red flags when he drafted the guy?

I assumed we had a GM and a scouting staff and Pettine was the coach.

Z

Z

I don't know about a lifetime achievement award but he is getting 3.5 million for the next two years. I don't remember did the Browns have 3 or 2 HC's on the payroll this year?

I assumed we had a GM and a scouting staff and Pettine was the coach.

Z

A coach identifies a player he wants on the team who is projected to be a first round pick but doesn't take part in the pre-draft interviews? Not saying the blame is solely on Pettine, but he's got part of the responsibility. Manziel on the other hand is all on Haslam and the front office.

A coach identifies a player he wants on the team who is projected to be a first round pick but doesn't take part in the pre-draft interviews? Not saying the blame is solely on Pettine, but he's got part of the responsibility. Manziel on the other hand is all on Haslam and the front office.

Pettine says "I need a cover corner"

Scouting dept. says " We have a great one for you. No red flags here. Loves the game"

... we are mad at Pettine for wanting a cover corner??

Poor dude ended his career with three safeties and a 6th round rookie playing against Roethlisberger and Brown ... and hung in there for three quarters!

Z

Yes, the ship has headed to the bottom of the great blue.

Good post but I would like add maybe he never had the right type of control. Because if there are leeches on the team the HC should have every right to say "get them the hell out of here"

This- you possibly think Pettine didn't want to cut Bowe, and Farmer wouldn't let him? I duly note Farmer was the first to go. So MHO is Farmer ranks first in the blame game in Jimmuh's mind?

There was a lot of dead wood besides Gilbert I have to think Pettine would have unloaded, but Ray was loving his picks.

Scouting dept. says " We have a great one for you. No red flags here. Loves the game"

... we are mad at Pettine for wanting a cover corner??

Poor dude ended his career with three safeties and a 6th round rookie playing against Roethlisberger and Brown ... and hung in there for three quarters!

Z

Yeah- see my comments in the gameday thread. We lost because Davis played an incredibly shitty game, and you can't blame a depleted secondary for not being able to cover a 1,000+ yard receiver.

... we are made at Pettine for wanting a cover corner??

Z

Maybe things work differently with the Browns, but with the Packers McCarthy also plays a role in the draft process. These character red flags should come up during pre-draft interviews. But then again Manziel had everybody fooled, so maybe I've got it all wrong.

I like Pettine, would be happy to see him get another chance to prove himself. Plenty of things that went wrong with the organisation this year have nothing do with him. To me, the Gilbert thing blowing up is one of the few - and even then, it's not all on him.

This- you possibly think Pettine didn't want to cut Bowe, and Farmer wouldn't let him? I duly note Farmer was the first to go. So MHO is Farmer ranks first in the blame game in Jimmuh's mind?

There was a lot of dead wood besides Gilbert I have to think Pettine would have unloaded, but Ray was loving his picks.

It was pretty obvious that there were a few guys Pettine didn't want around. :o

As far as getting fired first or second it doesn't really matter cause the both lost.

Yeah- see my comments in the gameday thread. We lost because Davis played an incredibly shitty game, and you can't blame a depleted secondary for not being able to cover a 1,000+ yard receiver.

Never said anything close to that...

Archived