THE BROWNS BOARD

Haslam Presser

darubes

As I noted elsewhere....this is essentially the same setup they have in New England. Seems to have worked there.

If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.

If you think Bill Belichick doesn't run every single aspect of that football club you're sorely mistaken.

Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.

Gase is a big name HC candidate.

Why?

It does appear as if he's going to make the 'modern' mistake of letting the data analyst make the final decisions. Data analytics should be a tool for decision making - not the final authority.

Did I miss a mention of sabermetrics by Haslam?

Im just happy Haslem didnt use the word candidly before every answer

lol... I'd forgotten about that... good catch.

I will say Jimmah looked tanned and trim... must be spending a lot of time in Bratenahl.

I guess it depends on how you classify big name candidate. I was never particularly impressed with his Gase because like many, I attributed almost all of his success to the high level of talent the Broncos had and Peyton Manning.

But Gase has been a buzzing name for an HC-gig for awhile, and lined up 3 interviews this week already - so I'd consider it a big name candidate.

- so I'd consider it a big name candidate.

Id consider him as just one of the "flavor of the year" candidates......there are several every year.....year after year....

Id say....you're not a big name coach until you've won something.....

Though.....Im sure if Jimmy signs him,,,,,,he will try to convince us that he signed a big name......

Id consider him as just one of the "flavor of the year" candidates......there are several every year.....year after year....

Id say....you're not a big name coach until you've won something.....

Though.....Im sure if Jimmy signs him,,,,,,he will try to convince us that he signed a big name......

Maybe not big name, but "hot name"

Regardless we don't get the flavor of the year guys either, except for maybe Mangini I don't remember if he was considered a hot name then or not.

Yes, I know he does.....that is my point. The GM answers to him. And here, football wise, it appears that the GM/DOPP will answer to the HC. So...honestly...I expect a fairly "big" name to be hired. One that has been there, done that with an NFL team.....or a guy like Saban.

Saban should be target number 1. His NFL tenure is unfairly maligned. Did well in his first year and just caught some bad breaks in his second year. Kinda like Pettine, except a year with some bad breaks still resulted in twice as many wins for Saban.

He brought us a #1 defense in his last year in Cleveland and that was twenty years and about a dozen top 10 NCAA defenses ago. Imagine what he's capable of now.

Saban should be target number 1. His NFL tenure is unfairly maligned. Did well in his first year and just caught some bad breaks in his second year. Kinda like Pettine, except a year with some bad breaks still resulted in twice as many wins for Saban.

He brought us a #1 defense in his last year in Cleveland and that was twenty years and about a dozen top 10 NCAA defenses ago. Imagine what he's capable of now.

Not bad for a 26 y.o. war. I think you got it right, but that is not how it's done in the Cleveland Carousel. First, find a coordinator and make him a HC. Second, hire a GM with no brain. Third, draft a QB instead of BPA. Forth, repeat every two years or less. Rinse, repeat ad infinitum.

The Haslam de-Presser. The only ray of hope I see is that maybe using analytics it will help this organization get better evaluating talent and make better draft picks. Maybe Haslam will use analytics to help him select the next coach and GM. It wouldn't hurt.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2016/01/04/the-cleveland-browns-analytics-and-sashi-brown/

I think I need to retract this......it may not be a guy that has been there done that.....but a guy that will work the game like Sashi Brown wants to....and enjoy doing it. A younger guy. Plugged into the younger player and the statistical side of things.

I think I need to retract this......it may not be a guy that has been there done that.....but a guy that will work the game like Sashi Brown wants to....and enjoy doing it. A younger guy. Plugged into the younger player and the statistical side of things.

Much more likely.

Not bad for a 26 y.o. war. I think you got it right, but that is not how it's done in the Cleveland Carousel. First, find a coordinator and make him a HC. Second, hire a GM with no brain. Third, draft a QB instead of BPA. Forth, repeat every two years or less. Rinse, repeat ad infinitum.

I'm not even 26 yet. :)

Archived