THE BROWNS BOARD

Doesn't matter what candidates show up

Kvoethe

Does anyone honestly think any coach with a shred of dignity is going to come here?

I hear all these rumors and names, but with sushi bar as your boss, a guy with no NFL knowledge, basically a statistics guy there is no way we will get anyone decent?

Its really tiring to be a Browns fan, Im just really tired of it. They wont get a nickel from me. My wife wanted to get me a new Browns jacket. I liked the military style ones. I told her dont waste the money.

Does anyone honestly think any coach with a shred of dignity is going to come here?

I hear all these rumors and names, but with sushi bar as your boss, a guy with no NFL knowledge, basically a statistics guy there is no way we will get anyone decent?

Its really tiring to be a Browns fan, Im just really tired of it. They wont get a nickel from me. My wife wanted to get me a new Browns jacket. I liked the military style ones. I told her dont waste the money.

Get it anyway. You know you'll never really quit. I now have the T mik sent me and a nice throw fleece blanket my son got me for Xmas. The are both keepers regardless of the Browns fortunes or misfortunes.

Yes.....there are only 32 of these jobs in the world.

Is that a question, or a statement. We will get someone good. The New HC will have a lot more authority here than most HCs. As noted....the HC here will be the DOPP's boss, not the other way around.

Buy several year's supply of Charmin instead with the money.

Josh Hill, a writer for FanSided wrote Sashi Brown had three years football experience and will likely be the "yes man" to the Jerry Jones Wannabe Haslam.

It's Haslam's team and he's going to run it the way he wants.

Josh Hill, a writer for FanSided wrote Sashi Brown... will likely be the "yes man" to the Jerry Jones Wannabe Haslam.

Crossed my mind as well...

i'd be ashamed to wear it. I am a runner and have a browns running sweatshirt from the kosar days...was proud to wear it then, but now all i get are other runners who see me running with it on just laugh...It's fucking embarrasing so i stopped wearing it quite awhile ago...

Yes.....there are only 32 of these jobs in the world.

Is that a question, or a statement. We will get someone good. The New HC will have a lot more authority here than most HCs. As noted....the HC here will be the DOPP's boss, not the other way around.

Buy several year's supply of Charmin instead with the money.

Well Pettine was the x-squared prospect to be offered the job and the team is a bigger mess now than ever before.

To Ghoolie's earlier post, their hope is to catch lightening in a bottle with a hungry young coach.

Like Pettine, wanting the job so bad he will be willing to endure and endure for several reasons

1) Maybe, just maybe being successful

2) To Gipp's point, there are only 32 jobs like these in the world

3) Stepping stone to get on the NFL Retread carousel.

Anybody believe Haslam will try to twist the arm of buddy John Gruden to make him leave the cushy job he now has to take on a challenge like this?

Does anybody believe an experienced NFL Coach will accept a job prior to knowing who his boss will be and his philosophy?

It could happen. We could land someone with vision that is looking for a chance to prove himself. The trouble is Haslam. His meddling made it impossible for Farmer to draft in the first round. Haslam is promoting a lawyer to make the final decisions on the 53 man roster!

What potential Head Coach wants to deal with a lawyer running the football roster!

I believe the article by Josh Hill. Haslam wants a "yes man" in Brown witch is a recipe for failure again! Someone has to tell Haslam the facts of life!

Josh Hill, a writer for FanSided wrote Sashi Brown had three years football experience and will likely be the "yes man" to the Jerry Jones Wannabe Haslam.

It's Haslam's team and he's going to run it the way he wants.

He paid a billion dollars for it......so that buys you a lot of privilege...and a lot of say so.

Well Pettine was the x-squared prospect to be offered the job and the team is a bigger mess now than ever before.

To Ghoolie's earlier post, their hope is to catch lightening in a bottle with a hungry young coach.

Like Pettine, wanting the job so bad he will be willing to endure and endure for several reasons

1) Maybe, just maybe being successful

2) To Gipp's point, there are only 32 jobs like these in the world

3) Stepping stone to get on the NFL Retread carousel.

Anybody believe Haslam will try to twist the arm of buddy John Gruden to make him leave the cushy job he now has to take on a challenge like this?

Possibly

Does anybody believe an experienced NFL Coach will accept a job prior to knowing who his boss will be and his philosophy?

Absolutely....if that coach is really interested in coaching...and not in trying to play some kind of power play game. (and Gruden could be that guy.....but he really like Johnny.

Hell, if Gruden came here he could possibly be the one guy that could straighten Johnny out. (WTF am I saying....hell no that won't happen)

I know it's his money his team. He still needs fans to succeed or they'll move the team. A catch 22

No, they won't, not until like 2032...which is like when the lease on the stadium runs out.

Maybe by that time the Browns will have this thing figured out.

No...a coach with any better options won't come here. Some of us have been saying this all fucking season long. Pettine needed to be retained if for nothing else than the perception of giving a coach more than 2 years to get the job done. I'd love to see Dungy only because it means that Johnny shitshow is gone with a coach like Dungy. But there's no way he's giving up his cushy tv job for this circus. Same with Cowher or Gruden and anyone else that is any good. We'll get stuck with Schwartz or some other shit ass coach.

The trouble is Haslam. Haslam is promoting a lawyer to make the final decisions on the 53 man roster!

What potential Head Coach wants to deal with a lawyer running the football roster!

I believe the article by Josh Hill. Haslam wants a "yes man" in Brown wich is a recipe for failure again! Someone has to tell Haslam the facts of life!

i predict player acquisition by committee, with Haslam actually now having final say on the roster, through his Consigliere. i like it, it has a nice "Rooney Family" feel to it.

A guy can dream cant he? The Manning/Dungy combo would have been amazing!!

^^^ i could possibly tolerate that, for a little while at least.

a raw Peyton at OC? at this point it's like WTH why not?

It could happen. We could land someone with vision that is looking for a chance to prove himself.

any takers besides myself for a seasoned redux Mangenius 2.0?

No...a coach with any better options won't come here. Some of us have been saying this all fucking season long. Pettine needed to be retained if for nothing else than the perception of giving a coach more than 2 years to get the job done. I'd love to see Dungy only because it means that Johnny shitshow is gone with a coach like Dungy. But there's no way he's giving up his cushy tv job for this circus. Same with Cowher or Gruden and anyone else that is any good. We'll get stuck with Schwartz or some other shit ass coach.

fucking schwartz....here we go falcons here we go flap flap.....if it does happen that will do me in for this fucked up team...i'll go with the local team...

yeah right...all we are going to get is another coordinator with no hc experience...you can count on it...and as far as the 2016 schedule, we are not better than any of those teams except tenessee......maybe....

I know, we're gonna get Mike Pettine, Rob Chudzinski, Pat Shurmur - I've seen it before.

I was just poking fun because he suggested Tony Dungy and Peyton Manning rumors a few weeks ago

Archived