The Gipper

How about these guys to run the Browns:

VPOFO: Sashi Brown

HC: Josh McDaniels

DOPP: Eliot Wolf

Kind of a new version of this:

Young-Guns-5708758646970-01.jpg

Why do you like McDaniel, Gipp?

After all, you've stated time and time again that Belichick would be mediocre - at best - without Brady.

So, what makes the guy who drafted Tebow before getting fired and returning to NE so appealing now?

A guy who was not successful in Denver's high flying offense and has found success only with Brady?

BTW, to Belichick, team ownership and strength of organization are - far away - the most important ingredients necessary to foster a successful NFL team. First of all, I don't believe somebody who has already had a negative NFL experience would put himself in Cleveland right now. Second of all, McDaniel will have far more appealing offers if he were to entertain thoughts of leaving NE. Some have mentioned him as Belichick's heir apparent.

I think they have to dump Manziel right now before anyone considers the HC job. Now that I found out the rumors were true about Manziel showing up drunk; it makes sense they said he had a concussion. They're still holding out hope Jerry Jones will trade for him.

The whole world now knows he was in Vegas! Dump him now and find a coach who has experience with quarterbacks. Pagano maybe.

I think they have to dump Manziel right now before anyone considers the HC job. Now that I found out the rumors were true about Manziel showing up drunk; it makes sense they said he had a concussion. They're still holding out hope Jerry Jones will trade for him.

The whole world now knows he was in Vegas! Dump him now and find a coach who has experience with quarterbacks. Pagano maybe.

Jerry Jones might trade to get JFF. Probably offer a 7th rounder. AT BEST, a conditional 5th or 6th.

Jones is a good businessman.

An erratic NFL owner.

But not stupid.

Why do you like McDaniel, Gipp?

After all, you've stated time and time again that Belichick would be mediocre - at best - without Brady.

So, what makes the guy who drafted Tebow before getting fired and returning to NE so appealing now?

A guy who was not successful in Denver's high flying offense and has found success only with Brady?

Because I think that as a second time around he could do fine....and in concert with those other guys they could find the kind of talent that he could coach up.

I am not saying he or BB are bad coaches.....but they are extremely lucky to have had one of the very best QBs in history play for them.

BTW, to Belichick, team ownership and strength of organization are - far away - the most important ingredients necessary to foster a successful NFL team. First of all, I don't believe somebody who has already had a negative NFL experience would put himself in Cleveland right now. Second of all, McDaniel will have far more appealing offers if he were to entertain thoughts of leaving NE. Some have mentioned him as Belichick's heir apparent.

That was me that mentioned that. It very well may be his intent to stick it out for that.

As for "appealing offers".....every team that is looking for a HC fired their previous one.....so as I see it....all the teams are in the same boat.

Here though what I am saying is that McD good possibly land in a boat of very like minded people if his fellow inhabitants were Wood and Brown.

What does this have at all to do with this thread?

How long have the Patriots been running the same system basically?

WSS

Not sure if your question is rhetorical - kind of like, "Doesn't the Offense kind of run itself" - or if you are really asking?

I don't know the answer to the latter but it is somewhere close to, "a very long time'.

Probably since Andy Weiss was there. Remember him?

Just like with the Defense.................Remember Romeo?

We're trading him, but can't do it until draft day.

I think we can negotiate before draft day, just can't make the trade.

We're going to get something for him, maybe a 5th or something from jerrah

Nick Saban would be the best scoutmaster ever as the 1st ever, than HC Chip Kelly or Kyle Shanahan should be fun to watch. good thing Yoshi Sashi is a attorney.. That alone should sell tickets Jimmy ;)

How long have the Patriots been running the same system basically?

WSS

If by "system" you mean the front office/coaching structure...I think it has been this way since fairly early in BBs career there. Certainly since he won 3 SBs in 4 years...where he has been the man on top....essentially. Though, even BB has to answer to the team President. In fact....in my opinion, Jimmy Haslam is modeling the Browns after the Patriots.

Jimmy is Chairman and CEO.....as is Robert Kraft.

Sachi Brown is the equivalent of this guy:

PRESIDENT

Jonathan A. Kraft is the president of The Kraft Group, the holding company of the Kraft family's varied business interests. He is also the president of the four-time Super Bowl Champion New England Patriots. As president of the Patriots, Kraft oversees the management and strategic planning of each department within the organization. He also works closely with his father to represent the Patriots in all league matters and serves on multiple NFL owner committees.

Now Sachi Brown may not be the owner's son like Jonathan Kraft is.....but it is essentially the same position (or will some argue he is more like Alec Schreiner?)

Then there is the HC.

Then under them is the DOPP....in the Pats it is this guy:

DIRECTOR OF PLAYER PERSONNEL

Nick Caserio was named director of player personnel on Feb. 21, 2008, after serving in a number of roles for the Patriots' personnel department and coaching staff. He enters his 13th season with the Patriots in 2013 and his 11th season in player personnel.

Remember that Scott Pioli used to have that job......but both Pioli and Caserio were subordinate to BB.

So, the fact of the matter is that I don't think the Browns are doing things much different that what the defending Super Bowl Champions are doing.

So......why would people bitch about that model?. (other than perhaps the reliance on analytics)

Archived