THE BROWNS BOARD

Who's Your Guess?

beare

Can we release or trade Johnny Shitshow before we hire Kelly?

Keeping him would only be able to suspend him without pay once the substance abuse suspensions start. Yes I feel where you're coming from but it would only be a knee jerk reaction costing cap room.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Keeping him would only be able to suspend him without pay once the substance abuse suspensions start. Yes I feel where you're coming from but it would only be a knee jerk reaction costing cap room.

It's time for a knee jerk reaction with JM.

I don't care about the cap room. Im terrified of Chip Kelly as head coach and wanting to go forward with the drunk midget as his QB.

I'm an old "gal" but I agree! No coach with a visor! Only professional women golfers wear visors! And "Chuckie" he wore a visor. I still have my "Chuckie" doll hoping someday it will be worth money!

NFL Network's Jeff Darlington reports the Dolphins have requested to interview Bengals OC Hue Jackson for their head-coaching vacancy.

The earliest they'll be able to interview Jackson is on Sunday following the Bengals' Wild Card playoff game on Saturday. Jackson figures to be a hot candidate for openings, but teams can't talk to him this week. Jackson has also been linked to the 49ers. He's primed to land a promotion this year.

Gruden

Adam Schefter ‏ @ AdamSchefter 21s 22 seconds ago

Cleveland Browns have requested and received permission to interview Patriots' defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, per a league source</p>

I would LOVE that hire

Adam Schefter ‏ @ AdamSchefter 21s 22 seconds ago

Cleveland Browns have requested and received permission to interview Patriots' defensive coordinator Matt Patricia, per a league source

As I noted on another thread: the Browns have really just modeled themselves now on the Patriots model.

So why not go for a Pats coach? Most of us had thought about McDaniels....the OC...but what about the DC?

(of course, we have gone down the Belichick tree before....to marginal success: Romeo)

Plus, who knows....this Patty Cake man....may be into the analytics that the Browns seem to want to focus on)

Matt Patricia has an aeronautical engineering degree too - seems to be pretty well-rounded as a person.

I think because Romeo failed here isn't good reason to dismiss him. He could be good, as long as he gets more than 1-2 years. He might even keep Flip here.

Matt Patricia has an aeronautical engineering degree too - seems to be pretty well-rounded as a person.

I think because Romeo failed here isn't good reason to dismiss him. He could be good, as long as he gets more than 1-2 years. He might even keep Flip here.

Why not... It's not like we're going to get any of the other hot candidates anyways. Why not give this dude a shot and we can blow him out in 2 years if he doesn't win.

Why not... It's not like we're going to get any of the other hot candidates anyways. Why not give this dude a shot and we can blow him out in 2 years if he doesn't win.

And the beard is like +6 cool points at least. That's all that matters.

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports Panthers DC Sean McDermott will interview for the Browns' head-coaching vacancy Thursday.

Not taking the same route as Panthers OC Mike Shula, McDermott is making the most of his window to interview this week. McDermott also expressed interest in the Eagles' job in a radio interview Tuesday morning, but no interview has been reported. McDermott is a good bet to get a promotion this cycle.

I think Hue will be very successful in his 2nd term, we'd be lucky to get him.

I think you could attract a number of good coaches, not buying into the idea that no one wants to come to the Browns. Storied franchise with a great fan base and an owner that clearly cares and wants to win.

I like the comment about Hue. Think he has learned a lot from his tenure in Oakland, he is a good motivator and a good coach, plus knows the AFC North inside out. if he was your next HC I think he would be a good choice.

Agree, but since the magical talent assembled in CLE, not all of which flourished in the NFL, have any of Bill's assistants gone on to be successful HCs? Romeo? Mangini? Weis? McDaniels?

It's just so hard to know where Bill's assistants' X's and O's end and Bill's begin. And in nearly every other aspect of being an HC, Bill is not a great role model.

have any of Bill's assistants gone on to be successful HCs? Romeo? Mangini? Weis? McDaniels?

Saban, Ferentz, O'Brien I'd say may be considered successful. Too early to tell for O'Brien, but he is in the playoffs right now.

McDaniels and possibly Schwartz will get another chance at HC in the not-too-distant future (though Schwartz is more like - off the Jeff Fisher tree probably)

Mangina will probably get another crack at it some day - he may have been better here with time, may be better in the future with his past experiences.

Romeo pretty big head coach failure. Weis is worthless.

I think Bill and Tom Brady can make everybody look better - but a lot of it still depends on the individual. Not sure it really matters what tree they come from if they're good.

Should have clarified "NFL HC" as I did in another thread...

Reduces your list to a maybe on O'Brien. Agree that Schwartz's cup of coffee in CLE does not really qualify him, but then neither does his NFL HC record.

Archived