THE BROWNS BOARD

Enough drama let's go shopping.

One Post

To be at least competitive you need to work on one side of the ball. It gains identity. I say bolster a defense you got $$$ yo.

Now a lot of your top tier free agents get the franchise tag so be realistic.

Here's my choices

JPP. Giants. DE. He can still play at a high level.

Malik Jackson DT Denver. Would fit perfect.

Bruce Irvin Seattle. Great player.

Would anyone be interested in Brock Osweiler? His contract is up at the end of the season. If we could get Osweiler we could use the rest of our picks for Bosa, Elliot, Wide receivers etc

Would anyone be interested in Brock Osweiler? His contract is up at the end of the season. If we could get Osweiler we could use the rest of our picks for Bosa, Elliot, Wide receivers etc

Yep, I've posted that elsewhere. But it will be hard to get him away from Elway/Kubiak.

Interested? Sure...but I don't think there's any way he leaves Denver. He's been sitting behind Manning for like 3 years and he's played well enough in his starts this year for them to keep him around knowing Manning is over done at this point.

Why is nothing ever interpreted middling? Everything is not one extreme of the other...

"Not opening up the checkbook" in FA and "building thru the draft" do not mean "no FA's".

They mean FA signings will be strategic... and with DePodesta on-board we may well do a lot of FA bargain hunting.

However, splash signings like JPP or Irvin will be rare to non-existent... at least initially. Someday we will hopefully need a final piece, but that's a ways off... even if all goes well.

Why is nothing ever interpreted middling? Everything is not one extreme of the other...

"Not opening up the checkbook" in FA and "building thru the draft" do not mean "no FA's".

They mean FA signings will be strategic... and with DePodesta on-board we may well do a lot of FA bargain hunting.

However, splash signings like JPP or Irvin will be rare to non-existent... at least initially. Someday we will hopefully need a final piece, but that's a ways off... even if all goes well.

Excellent point my dear Watson.

I've seen drafts picks where Bosa is the number 2 pick overall and Elliot is the number 15 overall. So I guess what I'm saying is picking Elliot is not very likely.

I have low expectations regarding free agency. I think we'll take a shot at a few "mid grade" people, but we're not going to go all out for any of the big tag names. Not our style, and probably not very smart. The names the poster suggested are pretty interesting, and worth considering. Pass rushers are always at a premium, and if we can get one for a decent price, it'd be huge.

Would anyone be interested in Brock Osweiler?

No...

I have low expectations regarding free agency. I think we'll take a shot at a few "mid grade" people...

Mid-grade FA's ought to be right in analytics' wheelhouse.

The other reason I wouldn't want him is the weapons he has around him. He has all of the pieces and still can't win the big games. If he came to Cleveland, he wouldn't have half the weapons. I'd stick with McCown and whoever we draft.

The other reason I wouldn't want him is the weapons he has around him. He has all of the pieces and still can't win the big games. If he came to Cleveland, he wouldn't have half the weapons. I'd stick with McCown and whoever we draft.

I don't know. The running game and OL were pretty bad.

Archived