THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Will Interview Sean Mcdermott on Thursday

I didn't think I would say this. But Jimmy Haslam is being really impressive this coaching search.

Interviewing Matt Patricia sometime this week. An upcoming stud coach. Although, Browns have had a bad experience with Patriots coaches. But I think he could potentially be different.

And now interviewing Sean Mcdermott later this week, An impressive list if you ask me. What do you think?

I can't say anything bad about the Panthers defense. They have some really good players with Luke Keochley and Josh Norman to name a few. The Browns will probably replace their other coaches depending on the outcome of the hire at HC. I know Rams want to interview De Filippo for OC. He's one coach I,was starting to like.

If we hire a defensive minded coach, don't we need a really good OC? I do like defensive minded coaches but Pettine and O'Neil were total busts last year.

I'm hoping they interview as many candidates as humanly possible. Hugh Jackson, Tom Coughlin, Marrone, Gase,

Sean Payton would be hitting Paydirt except we can't afford to give up a draft pick.

I'm totally not keen on Chip Kelly and so far he hasn't shown any interest.

How long has McDermott been a DC. I'm not familiar,with him but down here in Florida we get most of the Panther games and they've been dominant and physical. Theyre also a well coached team. Very little penalties and turnovers.

McDermott coached about every defensive position in Philly 2001-09. Came to Carolina 2010 as sec. coach than promoted to DC in 2011-present. Kuechly came on board 2012. He's a 4-3 believer with LB's now covering some WR's due to no depth in secondary due to injuries. Shula is the guy to talk to imo but I have always been offense minded. Same old Browns, Get a damn good DC than let's score some TD's imo..

I have admittedly little basis, but I like seeing McDermott in the search. He seems to be lobbying for the Philly job, however. He is from the Philly area...

But McDermott indicated to 97.5 The Fan in Philadelphia that he'd love to coach the Eagles, who have not yet requested permission to interview him. He spent 12 years with the Eagles, including as defensive coordinator in 2009-10.

"I love the Philadelphia area, and quite honestly, it's been tough to watch the last several years having grown up in the area and worked there for 12 years," McDermott told host Anthony Gargano. "Let's just say that at the present time, with any and all jobs, I'm going to defer to my agent. It's a process, and I'm humbled and honored to be in that conversation, whether it's with the Eagles or the other teams that are interested. I would just love to see the Eagles recapture that magic, and that's probably the best I can say at this point."

Very little video of McD interviews. Here's the only one I found on the Panther team site:

http://www.panthers.com/media-vault/videos/Sean-McDermott-Norman-a-shutdown-corner/f9173d1b-ef21-4ed5-9c53-0eef2127c2e9

EDIT: For those interested the segment after McD's is a Mike Shula interview.

Archived