THE BROWNS BOARD

Joe Thomas First Team All-Pro

Zombo

http://www.clevelandbrowns.com/news/article-5/Browns-LT-Joe-Thomas-an-AP-All-Pro-for-8th-straight-season/0a86a84f-f50d-439e-a087-3300a1e8733a

Joe Thomasicon-article-link.gif didn’t let up in his ninth NFL season, and the voters for the Associated Press All-Pro team took notice.

Cleveland’s veteran left tackle was named to the squad for an eighth straight season Friday and landed on the AP’s first team for the sixth consecutive time. He’s the only Brown to make the cut on this year’s AP All-Pro teams, which were selected by a panel of 50 media members who cover the NFL.

Last month, Thomas tied the franchise record for Pro Bowl appearances with his ninth in nine seasons, joining Browns legends Jim Brown (1957-65) and Lou Groza (1950-55, 1957-59). Last season, he became the first offensive lineman to make the Pro Bowl in each of his first eight seasons and joined a small group of NFL players at all positions who have accomplished the feat in the first nine. Every other player to do so made the Hall of Fame.

Thomas has started all 144 career games at tackle and has not missed an offensive snap since being selected by the Browns with the third overall pick in the 2007 draft. His stretch of 8,959 consecutive offensive snaps is the longest active streak in the league and his 144 consecutive starts trails only D’Brickashaw Ferguson (161) among active players.

Despite an up-and-down season for the Browns offense, Thomas was ranked as the No. 1 tackle in the league by ProFootballFocus.com. The website gave Thomas an overall grade of 94.3 with scores of 93.6 on pass blocking and 90.0 on run blocking.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only way we trade JT is if he pushes it. F Linics, but you don't trade a 9 yr. pro bowl LT if your plan is to get a QB to build on, Jimmy Haslam.

Congrats to Joe...

Big news from the AP was that for the first time ever a player was voted first-team at two positions on the same side of the ball in the same year...

Khalil *heavy sigh* Mack.

Congrats to Joe...

Big news from the AP was that for the first time ever a player was voted first-team at two positions on the same side of the ball in the same year...

Khalil *heavy sigh* Mack.

What's with the sigh? Surely you can't think that Mack is a better player than Gilbert, Erving and Campbell...

What's with the sigh? Surely you can't think that Mack is a better player than Gilbert, Erving and Campbell...

No, I don't... and don't call me Shirley...

When Mack was unexpectedly there for us to take at #4 overall, I jumped out of my chair. I had been a Sammie backer, but with Mack there it was "Sammie Who?"

I've been harping about lack of an impact OLB, and a general need for LBs, for quite a while around here. I suddenly saw the answer to my prayers in reach. And then we traded the pick...

Mack is the only player I allow myself to go full-blown woulda-shoulda over.

a no brainer first ballot HOFer.

book that you anti OL fascists.

But how many wins has joe Thomas gotten us blah blah blah blah.

I still think the Thomas haters are Retarded. Blame our best player for our other major fuckups trying to draft talent.

"He's a penalty machine"

What did he have, 1 holding and 5 false starts this year?

I hope we can turn things around and JT can be a part of that...

I hope we can turn things around and JT can be a part of that...

the number one reason why fb coaches get fired in one or two years (ridiculous)? the owners forgot that when the person was hired that it might take 5 years to get the people he wanted, to keep the best core players and to improve and draft at a point where maybe in year 3 or 4 everyone starts to gel at the same time, hence a playoff caliber football team.

yes hopefully JT will retire a brown, even if he's playing for the cardinals next year.

No, I don't... and don't call me Shirley...

When Mack was unexpectedly there for us to take at #4 overall, I jumped out of my chair. I had been a Sammie backer, but with Mack there it was "Sammie Who?"

I've been harping about lack of an impact OLB, and a general need for LBs, for quite a while around here. I suddenly saw the answer to my prayers in reach. And then we traded the pick...

Mack is the only player I allow myself to go full-blown woulda-shoulda over.

To be honest I was certain that O'Brien with his no nonsense attitude would have taken Mack over Clowney. Mack-Oakland is match made in heaven though - the guy is the perfect Raider

the number one reason why fb coaches get fired in one or two years (ridiculous)? the owners forgot that when the person was hired that it might take 5 years to get the people he wanted, to keep the best core players and to improve and draft at a point where maybe in year 3 or 4 everyone starts to gel at the same time, hence a playoff caliber football team.

yes hopefully JT will retire a brown, even if he's playing for the cardinals next year.

Actually the number one reason coaches get fired is they lose. Marvin Lewis, who actually wins a lot, may get fired because he hasn't won a playoff game.

Ok not really!

With yet again another regime change and the hire of some outside the box thinkers in the front office it's not to far fetched to wake up one day and have to read the thread topic I just posted.

Now I know about 3 of us will be through the roof with joy on the departure of this HOFer why the rest of us will be trying to figure out how to revive our day from this nightmare of a scenario.

My questions to you all is:

1. What are the terms of the trade for Joe Thomas that will make you feel that the Browns have either received fair compensation, or the Browns have gotten over on another team?

2. What do you think the Browns will ACTUALLY receive in compensation for Joe Thomas?

IMO if it happened this off-season I would like to package Thomas and a player/mid round pick for a Top 10 draft pick. And to go even a step further I'd take Goff at #2, best WR with pick in question, and grab best available LT at #32. Boom instant Offensive core.

OR.... Trade Thomas and #32 for a legit 2nd or 3rd year impact player say Ziggy Anzea from Detroit.

2. I see the Browns trading Joe for a low end 1st rounder say 25-31.

The Browns ALREADY tried to trade him. Nobody was interested. So.....

No, he is near the end of his career. He doesn't have much value now. I mean who is going to give shit for him? He's a fucking offensive lineman,and not a particularly outstanding one at that.

Keep him and let him drive till the wheels fall off.

You'd get a second rounder for him. Denver wasn't giving a first and a third earlier.

I don't have an issue with you not liking Thomas but at least have a brain about it.

lame thread troll

YEt u comment on it and call someone that has way more meaning in life than u a troll. No I wasn't trying to troll. The fact u would say that and show total jealousy in your reply. You are beneath me bub. Good day.

And yes with the way analytics works Joe Thomas will be a huge discussion in the off season. like it or not this is reality folks. I don't wanna see him go but I believe the Browns will cash in on him before his end.

The Browns ALREADY tried to trade him. Nobody was interested. So.....

No, he is near the end of his career. He doesn't have much value now. I mean who is going to give shit for him? He's a fucking offensive lineman,and not a particularly outstanding one at that.

Keep him and let him drive till the wheels fall off.

Yet Seahawks trade Max Unger and #31 to Saints for Jimmy Graham. So who in your mind got the better end of that deal?? Cause it wasn't Seattle who's won in spite of having Graham

A trade of Joe Thomas means the Browns would need a new LT. Since we have other holes to fill I'd keep him- trade him you need to draft a new LT.

Now if a team "wowed" the Browns with an offer that they couldn't refuse, like a #1 & #2 pick, then I'd say go for it.

We have so many needs, I'd hold onto him and draft the BPA. Keep Joe here, he's got a few more seasons in him.

Not to sure about trading JT then drafting the franchise QB.

Totally agree

A trade of Joe Thomas means the Browns would need a new LT. Since we have other holes to fill I'd keep him- trade him you need to draft a new LT.

Now if a team "wowed" the Browns with an offer that they couldn't refuse, like a #1 & #2 pick, then I'd say go for it.

We have so many needs, I'd hold onto him and draft the BPA. Keep Joe here, he's got a few more seasons in him.

Only way I'd do it is if the 1st rounder we got for him got us the best wr in draft after taking franchise qb. Browns have historically been good at finding olineman late in 1st round. If I could walk outta 2016 1st round with qb, wr, and LT of future I'd call the Joe Thomas trade a win.

You'd get a second rounder for him. Denver wasn't giving a first and a third earlier.

I don't have an issue with you not liking Thomas but at least have a brain about it.

.....except they were offering a first round pick.

"the two sides were closing in on a package that included Thomas and a Browns fourth-round pick in exchange for the Broncos' first- and second-round picks in the 2016 draft but that the Browns also wanted to include the Broncos' 2016 third-round pick."

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14046758/cleveland-browns-denver-broncos-agree-joe-thomas-trade

The thing is Joe's trade value will be lower on draft day. The reason the Broncos were considering pulling the trigger on that deal is because they saw they were legit Super Bowl contenders. I wouldn't do it on draft day, but if the Browns season is long over by the deadline this upcoming season and this type of deal came up? I can't say I'd be too upset.

Archived