THE BROWNS BOARD

Texans

Westside Steve

So putting aside everyone's feelings as homers, haters, enablers, fanboys or whatever, if the goal is to trade Johnny how about the Houston Texans?

I don't dislike Brian Hoyer but the poor bastard had a terrible day today. Much worse than the Browns vs Kansas City.

Unless the Houston fans are as easily offended as Cleveland fans, this should be a beneficial trade.

WSS

Why would the Texans trade for Manziel when they could give the Titans and offer they couldn't refuse for the number 1 pick and take God err Goff

Because one is going to cost you three first round picks, while Manziel could be had for almost nothing?

O'Brien is going to draft Hackenberg anyways...

the boos were pretty loud for Hoyer....

was hoping he'd do better but,

with him, weeden - I dont think Houston risks strike 3 with Cleveland rejects

0285654001429303113_filepicker.jpg

great picture.

now who in texas is calling for the HC's head?

thought he was a genious or something. maybe it's the players?

mike pettine sitting on his ikea couch right now nodding and shaking his head.

o'brien an offensive genius (per tcpo)....get the fuck out of here.

HOU pick will be around #22 or so??? Way too costly to move up to #1 overall.

I would be shocked and amazed if HOU has any interest at all in JM... after all he still couldn't beat out Hoyer... :P

Why would anyone want Manziel?

The team that knows him best, that needs a QB desperately, can't wait to get rid of him.

His best bet is backing up an older stud like Brees or Romo where they can see if he gets his personal shit together and becomes a team player while sitting for a year or two.

And I mean sitting. He is not going anywhere to compete for a starting job next year.

Houston has that kid from Pitt who is a much better prospect than JM right now.

Zombo

Watching that train wreck, I kept asking myself, "How is Hoyer still in there?"

Then I remembered Weeden was the backup

So the team that cut a starting QB for being late "THIS FUCKING YEAR" is going to take Jm. I'm starting to believe what others have been saying we really do have the dumbest fucking fan base in the Nfl

If that Qb is named Johnny, then yes

got giant fabs screaming at cars driving by called strangers twinkle tits johnny....or billy.

Maybe you can decode this in the cold light of day for us home-gamers?

Why would anyone trade for Goff or Lynch? Texans will do the right thing and take a QB that's available. What round did Cousins go in? Or Osweiler, McCarron? Not one of these QBs is first round worthy. Don't listen to the hype! They get paid to hype mediocrity. Don't forget Jimmy Clausen!

Why would the Texans trade for Manziel when they could give the Titans and offer they couldn't refuse for the number 1 pick and take God err Goff

Because they would have to pull an RGIII + deal to move up enough to take him. As was said- they'll probably sit pat and take Hackenberg.

Because one is going to cost you three first round picks, while Manziel could be had for almost nothing?

O'Brien is going to draft Hackenberg anyways...

What I worry about in the draft is some qb needy team that DOES have enough ammo to jump the Browns will move up to #1. (the only teams that realistically can are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7.)

Because they would have to pull an RGIII + deal to move up enough to take him. As was said- they'll probably sit pat and take Hackenberg.

What I worry about in the draft is some qb needy team that DOES have enough ammo to jump the Browns will move up to #1. (the only teams that realistically can are the Cowboys @ #4, and the 49ers @ #7.)

Let's hope Chip Kelly gets the job in SF with an ego thinking he can get as much out of Kaepernic as Harbaugh got. They better get an offensive line there considering that was one of the only ones our defensive front was capable of dominating. Arizona LOVED having Mike Iupati boost their running game inside the tackles and their pass pro. He got hurt a couple weeks ago and both of those facets slipped - coincidence? The final score of our matchup with SF said all that it had to in terms of how much help they need everywhere. The only other game we won by double digits was against the TN Titans that earned the first pick overall.

I'm not as worried about Dallas trying for the #2 pick especially with Jerry wanting Manziel to back up the QB he has heavily invested in. I wouldn't be surprised if Jerry told Manziel "look I want you especially if I don't have to trade anything to get you." And then we read about a Billy Manziel disguise in Vegas around the same time Johnny Manziel doesn't adhere to concussion protocol. Coincidence? Maybe but I doubt it. Keep in mind this is the same owner that didn't have a problem with Greg Hardy's background.

Well I would say the Browns got one right with Josh over Hoyer on & off the field with other roster players. but most don't have a Johnny "Man? Billy" behind them as QB either. Wee done only got ran over by a Flag. Good Grief Charlie Browns ;)!!

Oh come on floog. Greg Hardy vs a guy that drinks champagne and sings karaoke in public. Please. Johnny is a kid with first-round skills. Sure he's immature and a pain in the ass but face it the media and the Cleveland fans have taken it to a ridiculous level beginning with hyperventilating over something as benign as the money sign. I'm sure the kid read the papers and I'm positive he realized from the start that the front office or at least some on the coaching staff didn't want him.

I don't doubt that he would do well in Dallas, and I don't doubt that Jerry Jones let it be known he like to have him.

If the bar I play at hates me, even if only in my head, and the really nice bar down the street would love to have me I'd do what I could to get out of my contract.

Again if it was me and I read message boards like this one? Be honest you guys would too. We are human beings.

WSS

dude, i was out to the pub when i read this and used that line all night long.

got giant fabs screaming at cars driving by called strangers twinkle tits johnny....or billy.

hilarious!

I have a shit ton of them I use on close friends. Lol

Oh come on floog. Greg Hardy vs a guy that drinks champagne and sings karaoke in public. Please. Johnny is a kid with first-round skills. Sure he's immature and a pain in the ass but face it the media and the Cleveland fans have taken it to a ridiculous level beginning with hyperventilating over something as benign as the money sign. I'm sure the kid read the papers and I'm positive he realized from the start that the front office or at least some on the coaching staff didn't want him.

I don't doubt that he would do well in Dallas, and I don't doubt that Jerry Jones let it be known he like to have him.

If the bar I play at hates me, even if only in my head, and the really nice bar down the street would love to have me I'd do what I could to get out of my contract.

Again if it was me and I read message boards like this one? Be honest you guys would too. We are human beings.

WSS

That brat wore me right out. If you feel like he's a horse worth betting on - let's hope you have better luck than the only team willing to say "we believe in you" as early as round 1.

EVERY time he showed progress or some reason we should almost believe in him - nobody but him undid it. Do you REALLY think a starting QB of a football team that is putting his career first should be out all liquored up after hours during the work week that Z was disappointed to inform us about? We can edit this to what we WANTED/NEEDED all we want but this guy gave every one of us the same middle finger he gave an opponent in front of the television cameras. If that's what you want here as the face of this franchise - I can't stop you. The last time anyone saw that face of this franchise - it was wearing a wig, mustache and fake first name in Vegas. Where is the heart warm I'm missing here? This comes from a knucklehead that was actually excited we drafted the brat.

... but how do you really feel, Flugs? ;)

But would you do it by acting even more like the person the bar that "hates you" thinks you are?

And again with the money sign?

Archived