THE BROWNS BOARD

Browns Ask Four Assistants To Stay

Tim Couch Pulls Out

Per MKC:

#Browns asked 4 assistants to stay if new HC wants them: OC DeFilippo, DBs Jeff Hafley, Asst DBs Aaron Glenn, QBs Kevin O'Connell per source

This means two things.

One, the new FO is realizing that Flip and O'Connell are definitely NOT the problem and aren't firing people just to start over - which is very smart.

Two, O'Neil's sorry ass is gone.

Not really. It says "if the HC wants them" and firing old assistants before hiring a new HC isn't that odd.

Most staff assume they are gone when their HC is fired. So what purpose does it serve to clear the deck before the new HC is on board? Right after the HC signs you can ask if there are any on the current staff he would like to invite to interview for their job.

Most new HC's want to pick their own staffs. Why publicly favor his retention of a few?

There is simply no value added by either move.

Most staff assume they are gone when their HC is fired. So what purpose does it serve to clear the deck before the new HC is on board? Right after the HC signs you can ask if there are any on the current staff he would like to invite to interview for their job.

Most new HC's want to pick their own staffs. Why publicly favor his retention of a few?

There is simply no value added by either move.

Our HC likely won't be officially hired for at least four more weeks if it is indeed Patricia, so cutting bait with the staff you absolutely don't want around is better for them than keeping them in limbo.

I fail to see anything wrong with that whatsoever.

kind of shitty to ask Defilipo to "hang around" while Cleveland begs for a new HC. People potentially want to hire Filipo, spots are gonna fill up quick. So he waits and then some new douchebag says Nah I want someone else.....the Browns really this stupid? So fucked up. You want to fire yet another HC this is what you get, the assistants scatter, especially ones that other teams want to interview. You can't ask them to chill just in case some new schmuck that's gonna be gone in a year may or may not want them. Fuck i'm really tired of how this franchise operates.

kind of shitty to ask Defilipo to "hang around" while Cleveland begs for a new HC. People potentially want to hire Filipo, spots are gonna fill up quick. So he waits and then some new douchebag says Nah I want someone else.....the Browns really this stupid? So fucked up. You want to fire yet another HC this is what you get, the assistants scatter, especially ones that other teams want to interview. You can't ask them to chill just in case some new schmuck that's gonna be gone in a year may or may not want them. Fuck i'm really tired of how this franchise operates.

Your comprehension is absolute garbage, but...then again...we all knew that.

Our HC likely won't be officially hired for at least four more weeks if it is indeed Patricia, so cutting bait with the staff you absolutely don't want around is better for them than keeping them in limbo.

I fail to see anything wrong with that whatsoever.

They're not "in limbo". All clearly have permission to interview.

Not a matter of not doing harm... is a matter of adding value.

Your comprehension is absolute garbage, but...then again...we all knew that.

than tell me what i'm missing there swami. I get it that they can't ask them not to interview. What i'm saying is even asking them to stay in case the new HC wants them is Retarded. Of course they want to keep continuity in certain parts, but like I said....this is what you get for starting over every two years. So tell me what I didn't comprehend?

Don't really see the point.

H: "Yea we'd like to see you stay a Brown Flip! You did a great job with the offense this year."

F: "Yea but does that mean you're going to keep me on board?"

H: "Well...you know if the new coach who is to be determined wants to keep you around, we'd fully support that decision!"

----

If Flip gets an offer he likes that guarantees he has a coaching position for 2016 (such as Rams OC). Then he's not going to stay with the Browns because the new coach "might want to keep him around"

That's just the way it goes.

than tell me what i'm missing there swami. I get it that they can't ask them not to interview. What i'm saying is even asking them to stay in case the new HC wants them is Retard. Of course they want to keep continuity in certain parts, but like I said....this is what you get for starting over every two years. So tell me what I didn't comprehend?

It's giving them a vote of confidence, rather than cutting bait across the board for the sake of rebuilding. It shows that our FO is evaluating performance and not making ego-driven decisions.

Of course I don't expect any of them to stay, but having a potential job in your back pocket is never a bad thing for anyone.

It's encouraging to me, because this is the first time our FO has seemingly made a rational decision based off of data and talent evaluation rather than a gut move at the urging of a "football guy" or Haslam.

Don't really see the point.

H: "Yea we'd like to see you stay a Brown Flip! You did a great job with the offense this year."

F: "Yea but does that mean you're going to keep me on board?"

H: "Well...you know if the new coach who is to be determined wants to keep you around, we'd fully support that decision!"

----

If Flip gets an offer he likes that guarantees he has a coaching position for 2016 (such as Rams OC). Then he's not going to stay with the Browns because the new coach "might want to keep him around"

That's just the way it goes.

Absolutely, but not shutting the door on him simply because he's a member of the old regime is better than the alternative.

He gets the chance to interview for our job, just like any other OC.

It's giving them a vote of confidence

yay? I mean so what? Of course Defilipo knows he can theoretically interview for the new staff, he knows his offense wasn't the problem this year. I get what you're saying though I guess...as long as they said we have no issue with you trying to find greener pastures but if you don't you have a job here if it hasn't been filled.

Tour, Mud and I would do it together for half price and guarantee at least 4 wins. Well theoretically anyways. I had an excellent Math SAT score (the old school kind before they threw in 100 points for free to everyone) and would throw my Cornell grad wife in for free who was just a shade better than me. Analytics I could learn in a half-priced (half baked) internet course overnight. (where'd the winky face go?) Ah, it came back. ;)

Tour, Mud and I would do it together for half price and guarantee at least 4 wins. Well theoretically anyways. I had an excellent Math SAT score (the old school kind before the threw in 100 points for free to everyone) and would throw my Cornell grad wife in for free who was just a shade better than me. Analytics I could learn in a half-priced (half baked) internet course overnight. (where'd the winky face go?)

Analytics is the art/science of finding the most pertinent bits of data. Casual fans (and Al Davis) get so enamoured with 40 time, vertical/broad jump etc. but across all-pro players, you won't find those things as a trend.

Understanding the concept is easy enough, applying it is damn hard in team sports.

Tour, Mud and I ...

Majority rule? ;)

Analytics is the art/science of finding the most pertinent bits of data.

And in the case of sports devising systematic processes for capturing the data.

To generate sufficient data to systematize the evaluation of players' defensive contributions, it took the development of a grid system for the field and takes as many as a dozen people to capture the data.

I don't see it as a bad thing. What about the possibility that they've already decided on who the coach is? Maybe its Patricia or maybe that dude from Carolina? These guys might know that already but they can't release it that way so it's presented in the way it was reported?

Per MKC:

#Browns asked 4 assistants to stay if new HC wants them: OC DeFilippo, DBs Jeff Hafley, Asst DBs Aaron Glenn, QBs Kevin O'Connell per source

This means two things.

One, the new FO is realizing that Flip and O'Connell are definitely NOT the problem and aren't firing people just to start over - which is very smart.

Two, O'Neil's sorry ass is gone.

How smart is it to hire a Head Coach prior to hiring a General Manager?

How smart (or desperate) is a HC prospect willing to work for an X-factor and with position coaches hand picked by the owner.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Sometimes blind squirrels to find acorns, however.

GM JR./Scoutmaster makes no sense to any candidate to me. If the plan is a done deal, I can see & say Flip & O'Connell our worth trying to keep but 2 DB coaches in A. Glenn & J. Hafley? anybody else question our cushion coverage & tackling & miss coverage assignments on keeping these 2 DB coaches? Flip goes to Maimi as OC imo.

Browns would like to bring back Flip and Q.B.coach. Grossi said if this happens this a strong sign that there not moving on from Manziel.

And the DB coaches because they make JM look better in practice?

Deadly plagues... check.

Famines... check.

Earthquakes... check.

Position coaches... check.

Now just need the sky to turn dark and oceans to turn to blood...

Archived