THE BROWNS BOARD

Postseason QB performance + Browns Trivia

The Gipper

Here are some trivia about postseason Quarterback play:

1. There are 8 starting QBs left in this year's playoffs (I am assuming that Ben R. will start). Rank each of these QBs by their draft selection order....and as Close as possible give their draft pick number.

2. Two of this weekend's starting QBs are among the Top 5 all time in all time pass completions......name the 3 QBs that are all time Top 5 in this category that are not playing this week.

3. Five of the remaining playoff QBs have won a Super Bowl in the past. Name those who have not.

4. Name every QB that has ever started a game for the Browns.....that was active in 2015!

5. Name every QB that has ever started a game for the Browns....that was ever the starting QB on a Championship team (any team)

6. What 2 QBs rank #1 and 2 in most passes completed in single postseason (all games)?

7. A. What QB completed the most passes in a post season game ever?

B. What Browns QB completed the most passes in a post season game ever?

8. A. What QB threw for the most yards ever in a postseason game?

B. Three QBs hold the record for throwing 6 TDs in a postseason game. Name these 3 QBs.

9. Since 1960 only 1 QB has ever thrown 6 interceptions in a post season game...What QB?

(note: 3 did it pre 1960...but I don't ask for those)

10. What QB has lead his team on a 4th quarter comeback the most times in the postseason in his career?

1. There are 8 starting QBs left in this year's playoffs (I am assuming that Ben R. will start). Rank each of these QBs by their draft selection order....and as Close as possible give their draft pick number.

Cam Newton (1/1)

Alex Smith (1/1)

Peyton Manning (1/1)

Palmer (1/???)

Big Ben (1/24)

Rodgers (1/25)

Wilson (3/???)

Brady (6/???)

Carson Palmer I don't really know, but think it was high first round. Not sure. Also, Brock Osweiler was second round, and may play. Landry Jones was fourth, I think.

2. Two of this weekend's starting QBs are among the Top 5 all time in all time pass completions......name the 3 QBs that are all time Top 5 in this category that are not playing this week.

Active? Brees, Rivers, um...?

3. Five of the remaining playoff QBs have won a Super Bowl in the past. Name those who have not.

Cam, Smith, Palmer

4. Name every QB that has ever started a game for the Browns.....that was active in 2015!

Josh & Luke McCown, Davis, Manziel, McCoy, Hoyer, Weeden...was Seneca Wallace active?!

5. Name every QB that has ever started a game for the Browns....that was ever the starting QB on a Championship team (any team)

Which championship? Superbowl, division, conference? Jeff Garcia, Trent Dilfer

6. What 2 QBs rank #1 and 2 in most passes completed in single postseason (all games)?

Manning, Flacco?

Brady?

Wait, the browns have been to the post season?! Graham or Bernie, presumably.

B. Three QBs hold the record for throwing 6 TDs in a postseason game. Name these 3 QBs.

9. Since 1960 only 1 QB has ever thrown 6 interceptions in a post season game...What QB?

10. What QB has lead his team on a 4th quarter comeback the most times in the postseason in his career?

Brady...

Cam Newton (1/1)

Alex Smith (1/1)

Peyton Manning (1/1)

Palmer (1/???)

Big Ben (1/24)

Rodgers (1/25)

Wilson (3/???)

Brady (6/???)

Carson Palmer I don't really know, but think it was high first round. Not sure. Also, Brock Osweiler was second round, and may play. Landry Jones was fourth, I think.

Highlighted are correct. (Rodgers 24 rather than 25...close enough). The others off a bit. (I excluded the backups that might play)

Active? Brees, Rivers, um...?

I didn't say active..I said all time....but Brees is one of them....not Rivers.

Cam, Smith, Palmer

Check

Josh & Luke McCown, Davis, Manziel, McCoy, Hoyer, Weeden...was Seneca Wallace active?!

You got all but 3.....and no, Wallace not active. I don't think he has played since 2013

Which championship? Superbowl, division, conference? Jeff Garcia, Trent Dilfer

Championship. (conference and division titles are not championship....I don't give participation trophies) Dilfer Check, not Garcia

Manning, Flacco?

Which Manning.....and no on Flacco

Brady? NO

Wait, the browns have been to the post season?! Graham or Bernie, presumably.

Choose one

Brady...Check

Answers:

Peyton Manning, Cam Newton, Alex Smith and Carson Palmer were all #1 overall picks. Next at #11 was Ben Roethlisberger. Then at #24 was Aaron Rodgers. Then #75 was Russell Wilson. Last was Tom Brady at #199. The 7 QBs before Brady had an accumulated draft pick positioning of 114 spots. Brady alone, obviously had a higher number than those 7 combined.

Brett Favre, Dan Marino, and Drew Brees are the other 3......and Tom Brady and Peyton Manning....still playing.

Newton, Palmer, and Smith. Brady/Manning/BR/Wilson/Rodgers all have.

Connor Shaw....Browns. Thad Lewis...Eagles. Austin Davis...Browns. Johnny Manziel....Browns. Josh McCown....Browns. Brian Hoyer...Texans. Brandon Weeden....Texans. Colt McCoy...Redskins. Luke McCown...Saints. Derek Anderson...Panthers.

Otto Graham and Frank Ryan.....titles won for the Browns.

Mark Rypien.....title won for Redskins

Trent Dilfer....title won for the Ravens

Len Dawson...title won for the Chiefs.

#1 is Eli Manning 106 completions in 2011

#2 is Peyton Manning 97 completions in 2006

Drew Brees....40 Saints vs. 49ers in 2011

Bernie Kosar: 33 completions vs. Jets in 1986 playoff season

Bernie Kosar.....in that same Jets game. 489 yards. (this is a league wide record)

Tom Brady, Steve Young, Daryl Lamonica.

Brett Favre. in 2002 vs. the Rams.

Tom Brady....6 4th quarter comebacks in postseason. Joe Montana had 5. John Elway/Terry Bradshaw/Eli Manning next with 4.

Archived