THE BROWNS BOARD

Hue Jackson Hired

beare

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Giants also have a GM who is an abject failure who isn't being shown the door.. whereas in Cleveland Hue would get to pick a GM he could work with.

Browns job > Gints job at this point.

Not only that- regarding the Giants. Rumor has it their GM wants to do a huge push to make one final SB before Manning burns out. With his track record, lotsa luck. They're got Manning, Beckham, nine finger Pierre, Cromartie- and not much else.

He'll go to San Fran and we'll hire the Montreal Alouettes' lineman coach skeezax mcbelzar.

I heard SF is out of the running, (interviewing Coughlin) but with the Browns luck, we'll probably will get some CFL reject.

If he left the 2nd interview there must be some sort of sticking point he is really struggling with. The fact he come in for a 2nd interview however to me clearly indicates he is more than just a little interested.

2nd interview I'd assume was in Cleveland but not sure - so he'd get to see the facilities and such.

Not only that- regarding the Giants. Rumor has it their GM wants to do a huge push to make one final SB before Manning burns out. With his track record, lotsa luck. They're got Manning, Beckham, nine finger Pierre, Cromartie- and not much else.

that is way better then the Browns have

that is way better then the Browns have

Well, other than a qb, next year we have (hopefully) Gordon, Thomas, and Haden. I say wash there. You don't think Eli would like to have Joe blocking for him?

If you'd read all of my actual post, you'd find out. Of course, that would require effort and thought, so you won't bother.

The Giants GM is one of few in the league whose performance over the last few years is actually worse than Farmer. He's hit on ODB and... Yep, keep looking. During Reese's tenure the last 7 years, the Giants have kept exactly 2 players between rounds 3-7. Those two are wide receiver Mario Manningham and linebacker Jacquian Williams. The only Pro Bowler from rounds 3-7 during Reese's time as general manager is long snapper Zak DeOssie, who was drafted in the fourth round in 2007 as a linebacker.

The only other useful player from Reese's tenure was the undrafted Victor Cruz..

As to the test statistic: The number of snaps played [offensive or defensive] by a drafted player on that team.

Browns GMs - crappy though they have been - are better than Reese.

The Browns HC opening is a better place than the Giants HC opening because at least the Browns have a chance to get an average GM. The current Giants GM is putting together one of the all-time worst GM records in the history of the NFL.

Ultimately as a coach, Hue ties himself to the GM who provides him with players. Why would Hue choose a horrific GM over a place that will clearly give him input into the drafting process?

While you analysis might be correct, if you're implying that the Browns HC job is more attractive than the Giants, you must be smoking some good shit.

2 Head coaches in the last 10 years.

A superbowl winning QB.

An elite WR.

Decent players on D, but they sucked this year.

Anyways, we are the LEAST, I repeat, THE LEAST FUCKING ATTRACTIVE JOB.

After hearing of the 2nd interview, and no offer, I can only assume a couple possibilities. Either he is not serious, and was using the Browns for leverage with the Giants, or he wants a little too much control, and Haslam isn't going to go for that. It may not be a done deal, but I have to think that ship has sailed. Time to move on....hope we don't end up with another good high school coach.

Before people get too caught up the Occam's Razor approach would suggest he simply is exploring all his options even though he likes what Cleveland presented.

With that being said though, I'm probably wrong cause it's the Browns. I really hope Hue is the guy though.

Has Lovie Smith been snatched up?

IMHO, Smith got the shaft in TB and did a pretty good job in Chicago. Don't know enough to say, but I suspect part of his exit in Chicago had to do with his inability to either control or improve the QB.

I believe Lovie is a good, solid coach. Not a rah rah guy but somebody who knows the NFL.

I'm a bit lukewarm about Smith in Cleveland but there are far worse candidates that have already been interviewed.

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/1/12/10758230/recapping-where-the-browns-stand-with-hue-jackson

Sounds like we actually might have a plan. I think we'll make an offer after he meets with the Giants, and it'll be a very nice one.

If...IF...we do, than I guess the question is...who the heck does he bring in as DC? To me, that's just as important as anything else.

why no on Marrone? He ran a very good D in Buffalo didn't he?

Seems like a total douchebag. Apparently word got around from people who used to play for him in Buffalo about his douche-ness, and a lot of players will want out.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/01/cleveland_browns_interview_dou.html

Marrone is more like Mangina 2.0, maybe a Greg Schiano type. Tough hard ass mantra-repeating coach, but remarkably average.

why no on Marrone? He ran a very good D in Buffalo didn't he?

Pretty good talent in Buffalo, and the best defensive year under Marrone in Buffalo was when Schwartz was DC.

Schwartz has ancient Cleveland ties so maybe getting him in Cleveland would be possible.

I don't have any major problems with Marrone, I just think it would be a hugely average hire.

Archived