THE BROWNS BOARD

Told You He Was Fast

TexasAg1969

I saw him get stuffed multiple times behind the line. And power? He got single handedly tackled by Clemson players he outweighed by 30 pounds. OK, he had that one nice run, (against a depleted Clemson secondary) but he faced a D-line that's NFL caliber too.

Haven't seen a lot of him- he's probably a better back than Richardson- but not by much. Second round talent.

And that's exactly the 2nd round pick I want.

For some reason I have ended up catching a bunch of Arkansas games this year, Hunter Henry looks pretty legit.

Drafttek agrees with you. http://drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Draft-Prospect-Rankings/Top-College-Tight-Ends-2016-Draft.asp

And most I have read on Henry shows late 1st or very early 2nd. Elliott goes mid-1st and before Henry in all I have seen.

I think all of us would rather have Elliott, but he just won't be there by our 2nd pick.

The guy is fast once he goes untouched for 10 yards. Where's the burst? You expect him to have those kind of running lanes in the NFL? Clemson shut him out the entire game except for a few plays where he ran through 5 foot holes.

Take him at #32 with all the talent in this draft? Nonsense...

The guy is fast once he goes untouched for 10 yards. Where's the burst? You expect him to have those kind of running lanes in the NFL? Clemson shut him out the entire game except for a few plays where he ran through 5 foot holes.

Take him at #32 with all the talent in this draft? Nonsense...

Yeah, people told me my favorite do it all receiver last year was nonsense too. How'd Tyler Lockett work out for Seattle BTW?

Some team will be happy they have a power back like this who opens up the rest off the offense when a D keys on him and can block for his QB when required. Just sayin. Just remember, Earl Campbell was "slow" too. But he could finish a power run like few can for the tough inside yardage every team has to make if they want to compete.

I will be happy to entertain "I told you so's" after next season I he fails in the NFL. So he is my "Tyler Lockett" pick this year. "Yeah well, gives me somethin' to do" :P

It worked out well for OSU

They can still claim they're the best without risking a head to head matchup that says differently

I get your Michigan homerism, but you're dead wrong. I heard that same argument last year and how did that work out? Face it, you guys are still the little brother to OSU getting beat up on every year. Sucks to suck, as we all know.

BTW off-topic, but I waited on some Michigan fans the other day and when I presented them with the bill the one guy reached for it. I told him I would hate to see him fumble it away so I'll just set it safely on the table. Still got a 20% tip even tho he wrote go blue on the receipt.

Yeah, people told me my favorite do it all receiver last year was nonsense too. How'd Tyler Lockett work out for Seattle BTW?

Some team will be happy they have a power back like this who opens up the rest off the offense when a D keys on him and can block for his QB when required. Just sayin. Just remember, Earl Campbell was "slow" too. But he could finish a power run like few can for the tough inside yardage every team has to make if they want to compete.

You are joking about Lockett, right? The guy ran 4.4 at the combine, posted back-to-back 1,000 yard 10 TD seasons as a junior and senior with a bunch of nobodies throwing him the ball, plus 4 punt/kickoff return TDs in college. Plenty of people thought he could have immediate impact as a punt/kick returner and as a slot receiver. The amounts of pick the Seahawks gave up to trade up for him amounts to a late first round pick...

With regards to Henry - Tough inside yardage? Use your fullback. Block for you QB? Plenty of running backs capable of doing that.

You would take a guy like that, who is basically useless as a receiver, at 32 with all of the talent that will be left on the board? What a waste of a first round pick...

I will be happy to entertain "I told you so's" after next season I he fails in the NFL. So he is my "Tyler Lockett" pick this year. "Yeah well, gives me somethin' to do" :P

There's no comparing Henry to Campbell. Earl could literally run over defenders, and bounce off of them when he took shots that knocked Henry 2 yards backwards.

Hell, from what I saw on a power level, give me Ron Dayne or Christian Okoye.

The other poster's comment about no burst looks to be accurate. Wonder how he'll do in the agility drills, if he decides to show up for the combine.

Go for the WR at #32. Can Derrick Henry be any better really that Crowell? I don't think much.

I agree Gip, Zeke Elliott would be an upgrade, Henry, not so much.

like my tiypin skllz.

Never used a tie-pin... used to use tie-tacs, however...

Does AJ McCarron count?

Leave my AJ alone...

Just remember, Earl Campbell was "slow" too.

Earl was slow? Ran a sub 4.5, but he was slow?

Archived