THE BROWNS BOARD

Who Is Your Long Shot?

TexasAg1969

I already committed to Derrick Henry as my pick in the draft to be an excellent NFL player next year who plays like a 1st rounder.

I'd be interested to hear who others are picking that are not considered consensus 1st round material, but you think should be.

I think Calhoun, DE, Michigan State will be a solid NFL player - but he might be gone in the first round.

My favorites otherwise (in order):

RBs: Elliot, Henry, Jordan Howard, Alex Collins (Henry is appealing because he's the biggest in this bunch)

Tyler Boyd could be a nice second round receiver...

I'm not sure 2nd round area guys really count as long shots, but my favorite 2nd round guy at this point is probably Calhoun.

---

Aside from Goff - later QBs I'd be interested in probably Wentz, Prescott, and Cook.

Although we really need to take Goff...

I already committed to Derrick Henry as my pick in the draft to be an excellent NFL player next year who plays like a 1st rounder.

I'd be interested to hear who others are picking that are not considered consensus 1st round material, but you think should be.

Well, Henry is certainly not consensus first round.

I mentioned Dak Prescott before....he could be underrated.

You have 2 OSU/former OSU players at OLB that could be underrated: Noah Spence and Joshua Perry......and that does not include Darron Lee....a sure fire 1st rounder.

And, here is a guy that should be looked at late in the draft.....that could help at a potential need position:

Mike Matthews OC Texas A&M......yes....he is from THAT Matthew family. I believe he is the son of HOFer Bruce.

While no sure thing apparently according to scouts, who have him rated a 7th round pick....you gotta like the pedigree. And, you know, the Browns may need a center. Mack may be gone. Erving: ?????

bbedward-I like your Tyler Boyd choice. He is one I hope the Browns find in the early 3rd if he is still there. Likely a late 2nd rounder so just maybe.

Gip-They (Matthews) have a younger brother still in early HS that may end up being the best of the bunch. Mike is a little on the small side for the NFL, but might be a good UFA pickup. Too bad we allowed Patrick Lewis to sit on our PS. He now starts for the Seahawks. Just another brilliant move by Farmer. The smart get richer and the dumb........................well just get fired.

I still Conner Cook has good NFL potential despite an awful final season showing there. I think he will slide for sure now, but his accuracy is a huge question mark.

Scooby Wright is going to be a killer football player. He's one of those guys I love who doesn't do anything incredible but does everything right. Just like Borland a few years back (minus that whole retirement thing). I would absolutely love to see that guy in a Browns uniform if the injuries are okay.

Archived