THE BROWNS BOARD

With the Second Pick in the 2016 NFL Draft

Axe

Who is the BPA @ #2 overall? If it's not a QB then take him anyway. Getting QB's out of order has never worked for the Browns so dammit, take the best player. Sign a free agent or go with McCown/Shaw. BTW Denver's now second string QB will be a free agent. Buy him out! His name is no longer Manning.

Coming back to this...

After watching some stuff, I like Jared Goff at #2. The guy has franchise QB potential written all over him.

I know we need to fill a lot of holes - and Bosa would be huge for our horrendous pass rush, but answering the franchise QB question now probably wouldn't be a bad thing.

Starting to get there as well... and I see reads...

An impact player on D is a need, but a franchise QB is a must. And Goff is looking a lot like a franchise QB with upside.

Gabbert was technically sound and such - but he came out of a spread system and they doubted his ability to grasp an NFL playbook and read the field coming out of a simple spread offense. I think he had some other minor issues too.

Goff doesn't really have those problems, and he's often moving onto his 3rd or 4th read even under pressure - and usually making a good decision.

Put me in the "You have to build around a SOLID QB and Johnny (Where's the Bar) aint it" camp... I'm not sure who it is in this draft or even if there even IS that guy @ #2... Maybe aside from QB, identify the biggest position of need and go BPA..

Archived