THE BROWNS BOARD

Mangini Part Deux?

Chicopee John

I have read nothing to make me believe there is anything going on this. Just sitting here and thinkin...............................

Mangini had a measure of success his first go-around in Cleveland.

If you were the FO, would you put him on your list of coaching prospects.

Since there is new ownership, perhaps Mangini would be willing to return.

However, do you believe he is a worthy candidate, or not?

He has that combination of being relatively young but with both HC and DC experience.

Thoughts?

Well, I do believe in recycling and always felt Mangini deserved a 3rd season... just did not think it'd be after a 5-yr break.

Pettine 2021?

I don't think he wants to HC, otherwise he would have been interviewing the last few years. And yes I think the Cleveland bridge is burned. If he came here again and we ran him out after a year it would probably put him in a nervous breakdown. Would I take him here if he was inclined? Why wouldn't we is the question. Have you all forgotten the year we beat the Patriots and Saints, and were in numerous other close games with elite teams? Last time I felt good about where the offense was going was under Mangini. Weedon benefitted from the O line that was built under Mangini during his first year with Shurmur, when he had all day to throw the ball. He still shit the bed on too many occasions which should have been red flags for us.

In any case, last time we were building anything that was going to be respectable and feared around the league was when Mangini was here. We had an O line that run blocked like hell and a big mook FB leading the way for big mook of a RB. Recipe for running the ball in the AFC North.

Scott Fujita was Mangini-Ryan's field general...

They both have 10 wins as head coach of the Browns. Pettine had a better single season at 7-9

Of course we don't know what could have been with either one, but I'd say both have had about equal success.

I thought the path forward was clearer with Mangini, but Pet did more to establish accountability... something we supposedly craved here until we didn't...

Sat players regularly who either did not earn playing time by practicing well or earned bench time by misbehavin'... across the board not just at QB.

Mangini wanted total control and had it the first season.

After bringing in other people the second season, all the FO in-fighting and discord began and resulted in his dismissal.

He couldn't handle being JUST the HC.

So, no. I don't think Mangini would be a good fit for the type of organization that is currently being formed.

Mangina was a Douche Nozzle who alienated players and brought just a general feeling of ugliness to the organization.. I hate the asshole ever since he snitched on bill like a sappy cunt.. Fuck him.

Mangina was a Douche Nozzle who alienated players and brought just a general feeling of ugliness to the organization.. I hate the asshole ever since he snitched on bill like a sappy cunt.. Fuck him.

and those fucking garbage players he brought with him...you have to be an idiot even to bring up this fucking broccoli iq moron...

heh? I don't get it, best O line and best running game we'd had in perhaps decades....and most importantly the feeling that something wsa brewing in Cleveland. I mean you guys give him no credit for that? We were starting to be respected. The league was scheduling us for nationally televised games. The Browns were finally being looked at as not a an easy out anymore. So I don't get it, I just don't.

Archived