THE BROWNS BOARD

Women In The Workplace; A Liability In Action?

One Post

I think in certain situations women would not be preferable in the workplace. Others I have no doubt they would be as or more capable.

If there is a position of actual need and two equally qualified candidates one of which is planning to squirt out a kid soon I would take the other.

WSS

It depends, some women take a week off only then get back to work and some men take months off. Of course, nature dictates that the woman takes at least a few days off.

The law:

1.) You can't deny, fire someone a job solely because they are pregnant

2.) As a result of (1) you can't use a pregnancy test as a pre-requisite for a position - you'd get sued out the ass among other consequences

3.) If the prego is unable to fulfill her job requirements, or will be unable to fulfill them - then she can be terminated or denied, even if the reason is because she's pregnant.

I generally agree with the laws here, though most good companies/good careers really don't even care. Though many companies with benefits (including maternity leave) generally withhold them for the first 30/60/90 days, but if you're that close to squirting out a kid why even look for a job to begin with.

and this is what stimulates women to "choose" a particular course of action when they get pregnant. Y'all can't have shit both ways. I love how women get slammed for making a choice that impacts their financial stability, yet are expected to not be in that position in the 1st place. Listening to the human race quibble with each other someone from another planet cannot help but ask himself, where am I?

After trying to put some humor in let me put in two cents.

If I were an employer I would hire married women. They would be less apt to cause any sexual advances or receive any. Also they have a family presence so it just might follow with better work relations, such as caring for others in situations that might need shift covering.

On the other hand single women seem more sexually driven and might bleed into their work lives.

Now on the subject of testing if she is with child....I firmly believe its the employers right. It is a law that must be changed. Everyone's insurance is important and a pregnant woman keeping it a secret is just as dirty as testing.

I'm sorry Woody I'm just sick of reading Muslim bullshit. Something different.

Good call.

I used to think like you, that hiring women who want children is just a bad idea because they'll inevitably take lots of time off because of it. But then you realise, over here at least, men and women get equal parental leave, something like six weeks (in Scandinavia it's basically a year), so it's the same where it's a man or a woman who wants children, both are likely to take the time off. I know I would for sure if and when I have kids.

So what it boils down to is you not wanting to disrupt your organisation - I get that. But, it's equally, or not far off (60/40?) likely to happen with a man as a woman.

Good call.

I used to think like you, that hiring women who want children is just a bad idea because they'll inevitably take lots of time off because of it. But then you realise, over here at least, men and women get equal parental leave, something like six weeks (in Scandinavia it's basically a year), so it's the same where it's a man or a woman who wants children, both are likely to take the time off. I know I would for sure if and when I have kids.

So what it boils down to is you not wanting to disrupt your organisation - I get that. But, it's equally, or not far off (60/40?) likely to happen with a man as a woman.

Over there, your perception is true. Over here, not so much. Women take far more time off for kids because employers are more receptive to allowing that. Guys don't get that pass.

Over there, your perception is true. Over here, not so much. Women take far more time off for kids because employers are more receptive to allowing that. Guys don't get that pass.

It's a legal right here. The parents basically get up to a year total (paid by the government at a fairly low, minimum wage type rate), and they can split it up between them how they like. The employer then usually gives the same deal for something between two and three months I think.

I'm honestly astounded that paid parental leave isn't a right there.

Isn't every post in a useless thread useless?

Just because you don't like it doesn't make it useless. It's meant to spark a debate related to something other than obamao higgardly and isis (or big serious trouble). That PC shield can't protect you from everything. Hope your eyes didn't melt when you read something "offensive." Now, back to your safe space.

Isn't every post in a useless thread useless?

I didn't think this thread was any more useless than most political arguments. Especially now that Hillary is running and the left wing media is pounding the women women women drum.

And the elderly aren't really represented on this board so I'm not sure who you are trying to anger.

WSS

Most jobs have a 90 day probation period. After the 90 days is usually when the benefits kick in. Let's say you're a female thatt has learned of her pregnantcy days before getting hired.

The 90 days are past now she's tells everyone she's preggers.

If you had a pre existing medical condition the insurance would question but if someone that's preggers omg it's taboo to question.

Most jobs have a 90 day probation period. After the 90 days is usually when the benefits kick in. Let's say you're a female thatt has learned of her pregnantcy days before getting hired.

The 90 days are past now she's tells everyone she's preggers.

If you had a pre existing medical condition the insurance would question but if someone that's preggers omg it's taboo to question.

Why would you need insurance for being pregnant?

Archived