THE BROWNS BOARD

Analysis- Cutler Story

So Ive been looking around online and doing my research and have found that certain sources arent even considering Cleveland in the race for Jay Cutler.

NFL.com:

On this site, there is a link that says Carucci: Likely Landing Spot For Cutler. This link shows the Browns being one of the options for Cutler and stating that "This team seems to make the most sense". If thats the case, why are the Redskins advancing on Cutler more than any other team in the NFL?

ESPN.com

SPORTSNATION

One of the most recent polls is "Which team would be the best fit for Jay Cutler?"

The options are:

a. Buccanneers (15%)

b. Panthers (18%)

c. Redskins (15%)

d. Jets (29%)

e. Lions (22%)

WHERE IS THE BROWNS???

If I was a computer, I would have the worst case of identity crisis.

So this brings up the three-way trade again. I have a feeling Jason Campbell will be our starter this year. We will trade BQ to Denver, Cutler will go to Washington, and we will get Campbell.

OR:

We will trade BQ to the Broncos, they will trade Cutler to the Jets, and we will get Jerricho Cotchery, Ty Law, and Thomas Jones/Leon Washington.

The fact of the matter is, all signs are pointing to The Cleveland Browns not having Culter on their roster anytime...ever.

Don't get your hopes up my friends.

So this brings up the three-way trade again. I have a feeling Jason Campbell will be our starter this year. We will trade BQ to Denver, Cutler will go to Washington, and we will get Campbell.

Oh please no!

I think we end up doing nothing in this Cutler thing. Unless Mangini gets overwhelmed and that isn't going to happen.

All his dealing will be on draft day. I expect him to be very busy then. He has a short history of it.

The Washington Redskins were actively pursuing a trade for disgruntled Denver Broncos quarterback Jay Cutler last night, according to NFL sources. One source said the Redskins were trying to complete the deal as quickly as possible although at least two other teams, the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and New York Jets, were also reportedly interested in acquiring Cutler. The two-year starter became available Tuesday night when the Broncos announced they would trade him. Denver officials could not be reached to comment last night. -- Washington Post

I heard Chris Myers say on the radio that nothing is finalized but it is gonna happen.

Archived