THE BROWNS BOARD

mmgw liberal fail - poll - 91% of Americans not worried about it

calfoxwc

1) What the poll says (on the assumption its credible) and what the article's title says are not the same thing.

2) Either way, people are stupid.

Well stupid or not you aren't going to change it. People just don't care. I don't even think you care, really, besides being combative with Cal because he takes what most people think is an unrealistic position.

WSS

woody's right, people don't care because most of our lives are basic day to day shitfests. One day we're gonna wake up to some bad shit and wonder how the fuck we got here. Not having real winters anymore, all of you that live around here can attest to that this year..it was fucking almost 60 out today.....might have some real consequences.

woody's right, people don't care because most of our lives are basic day to day shitfests. One day we're gonna wake up to some bad shit and wonder how the fuck we got here. Not having real winters anymore, all of you that live around here can attest to that this year..it was fucking almost 60 out today.....might have some real consequences.

He didn't say anything of the sort, read it.

I'm not saying he isn't right, just saying that beyond bickering with Cal whether man causes it or not is his entire shtick.

If you stay awake nights, I can't help it.

WSS

Well stupid or not you aren't going to change it. People just don't care. I don't even think you care, really, besides being combative with Cal because he takes what most people think is an unrealistic position.

WSS

Says the person who just tries to be combative

He didn't say anything of the sort, read it.

I'm not saying he isn't right, just saying that beyond bickering with Cal whether man causes it or not is his entire shtick.

If you stay awake nights, I can't help it.

WSS

Mostly yes, but in this case it's not just mocking a source or something, but explaining meaning. If we do a poll of this forum and between DieHard, cal, OBF, Stuart and PumpkinEater, one lists immigration as the main concern, doesn't mean the others aren't concerned, but their main concern might be the economy, or ISIS, or whatever.

Mostly yes, but in this case it's not just mocking a source or something, but explaining meaning. If we do a poll of this forum and between DieHard, cal, OBF, Stuart and PumpkinEater, one lists immigration as the main concern, doesn't mean the others aren't concerned, but their main concern might be the economy, or ISIS, or whatever.

I think his comment was that people are stupid, right?

But it's kind of you to try to add substance to that remark on his behalf.

;)

And you are right, just because it's not someone's ultimate concern doesn't mean they don't care at all.

WSS

I clicked a few of the links within that story but couldn't find the entire list and ranking of Americans concerns.

1 page cited CNN poll that said 50% of people believed global warming was man made and that over 50% of people didn't think global warming presented a threat.

I was curious as to the rankings of illegal immigration or street crime or terrorism or drugs or education or income inequality or other shit that people get worked up over.

WSS

https://blogs.chapman.edu/wilkinson/2015/10/13/americas-top-fears-2015/

Fear Fear Domain Afraid or Very Afraid

Corruption of Government Officials Government 58.0%

Cyber-terrorism Technology 44.8%

Corporate Tracking of Personal Information Technology 44.6%

Terrorist Attacks Man-Made Disasters 44.4%

Government Tracking of Personal Information Technology 41.4%

Bio-Warfare Man-Made Disasters 40.9% Identity Theft Crime 39.6%

Economic Collapse Man-Made Disasters 39.2%

Running of out Money in the Future Personal Future 37.4%

Credit Card Fraud Crime 36.9%

you can read the complete list of ranked worries in the linked article.

Gallup has a poll though it's pretty old (2014) - says 1 in 4 are "solidly" skeptical of global warming

http://www.gallup.com/poll/168620/one-four-solidly-skeptical-global-warming.aspx

As far as #1 concerns they tend to change rapidly based on current events:

http://www.gallup.com/poll/187655/americans-name-terrorism-no-problem.aspx

For government corruption it has held pretty steady at 13-17%

But interesting is terrorism held steady as the #1 concern for 3-5% of Americans right up until San Bernadino and Paris, when it jumped up to 16%

Economic issues as #1 concern fell rapidly in December too.

However I'm sure that people who switched and ranked terrorism as their #1 concern have not just forgotten about their concern with the economy. This BS headline leads me to believe that you can only be concerned about 1 issue at a time.

Of course terrorism is going to dominate people's concerns, it's "here and now". The consequences of climate change for now are nice 60 degree days in January. Most people are gonna be like hell yeah bring me some climate change, which of course is horribly short sighted. You can differentiate between the smart and stupid people in this world by those that don't see a problem with a little warming and those that stop and go hey wait a sec, we could get smoked on the backend to this deal. Those are the people that have the intellectual chops to not just think outside their own immediate sphere's, but also years out in the future.

We can have a debate about how much humans have contributed to the warming. But to say 1) it isn't happening and 2) even if it is it ain't our doing so just let it ride maannnnn, just let it ride...... That's gold standard for moron .

It's not just years future Cleve. Islands and soon countries are disappearing. Half of california is on fire and there's no water to put it out. Daffodils are opening in January because it's so warm one year, the next you get 9 feet of snow. The UK has set historical flooding records year on year the last 10 years.

It's not just years future Cleve. Islands and soon countries are disappearing. Half of california is on fire and there's no water to put it out. Daffodils are opening in January because it's so warm one year, the next you get 9 feet of snow. The UK has set historical flooding records year on year the last 10 years.

They blame the 60 degrees on El Nino

But insects and animals changing migration patterns is also an effect - more diseases coming up North from Latin America because if it.

yeah I know chris, a lot of it is here right now and people are oblivious. But the real lifestyle changing shit is still some years away. Sadly it might be too late so we'll never know if we could have prevented it or mitigated the severity of it. Nope, we have to have everything we want and have it "RiiiiiIGHT"......."NOOWWWW!!!!".

yeah, and the "right wing conspiracy" is made of of martians,

who zapped americans with their tentacle magic twangers

and made them stop believing in liberal silliness.

Why, England was connected to Europe via a land bridge a half million years ago,

til those freakin

human beings started driving their SUV's so much, and had their thermostats set

too high, and they used coal in their factories........

...Why, England was connected to Europe via a land bridge a half million years ago,

til those freakin

human beings started driving their SUV's so much, and had their thermostats set

too high, and they used coal in their factories........

False. The Earth is only 6000 years old.

You didn't put anything in there, and the earth itself

has probably been around for billions of years.

That it became "earth", with water, plant life, and mammals, etc....

that is a different deal.

I ain't broke, mostly because my surgery was paid for.

But since you brought it up.... I'm at 126 degrees knee flex with a little help in PT, it takes

time to condition that range to be permanent. Right now, the muscles around my knee

go stiff again, but less and less each workout.

The perfect ideal is 130, and I've been working hard in PT and at home to eventually get there.

My phys therapist's new knee was a 45 minute op, my knee was so bad, it was

a 3 hr op, so it will take more time. But I'm up to riding a fancy bike jobbie for ten minutes,

in my two hr pt sessions, three times a week. I can't take much more sitting around in my recliner, it's time

to get out and go for a walk. But the last time I tried that, I found out I'm very out of shape,

and my new perfect knee was just perfect, but the muscles weren't happy with me.

The pt gals keep teasing me about how I hesitate badly in trusting my new knee.

I've developed bad habits really ingrained about protecting my bad knee....

Interesting, I never thought about that before. But I do marvel at my new knee - it's like I

have a superman knee all of a sudden. Very cool.

Getting there, though. Hope to get the nod to drive again about Feb 12.

I don't need no stinkin warranty, I have medicare and suplemental insurance that pays

100 %. Or, maybe more like 99%. I'm good.

Archived