THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agency 2016

Tim Couch Pulls Out

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you think Osweiler shakes out compared to the QBs coming up in the 2016 draft?

Curious to see Mike's take...

Tough to equate a 4-year project at the Pro level with a thin resume with a fresh prospect.

I would say Brock has shown signs of his floor being starter adequate with a franchise level ceiling.

I see at least two draft prospects that meet or exceed those minimums.

This isn't necessarily a free agent situation, but I didn't really see a need to start a new topic on a longshot. Now I'm not sure if it's just me but I find it a little odd I haven't heard more about Jimmy Graham in Seattle. I know they have some big free agents coming up this off season and with their offense taking off after Graham going down with injury, I figured I'd here at least a smidgen of a rumble concerning the Seahawks trading, restructuring, or letting Graham go.

Don't get me wrong, I realize his value right now is much lower than it was a year ago, I doubt the Seahawks are ready to just right him off, and I don't know his contract situation in terms of dead money on the cap for any move, but with all of the speculation in the offseason, it just seems weird I haven't heard anything.

What I do know is that I wouldn't mind having him in the brown and orange. He'd give us a red zone threat we haven't had in who knows how long and if we do go QB early, well, I doubt said QB would be upset with two big TE's to sling it to.

Again, I know it's a longshot, madden-esqe wet dream scenario but it's the offseason but it's the offseason so why not?

Again, I know it's a longshot, madden-esqe wet dream scenario but it's the offseason but it's the offseason so why not?

Because sometimes it's nice if a TE actually blocks?

In a vertical or spread offense Graham has shown he can be a real weapon, but supposedly Hue is bringing the power game back to CLE, so I do not see the fit... and as it turned out neither could Seattle.

No on Osweiler. He's the next Matt Flynn. Yes on Graham he's a game changer.

Flynn was drafted in the 7th round for a reason. Osweiler was taken in the second and has everything you want in a QB, plus 4 years of tutelage under Peyton Manning. He may not prove to be a franchise quarterback, but he's already shown he can be a capable starter. Flynn basically played two otherworldly games for the Packers and has stunk it up ever since he signed with the Seahawks in 2012...

Because sometimes it's nice if a TE actually blocks?

In a vertical or spread offense Graham has shown he can be a real weapon, but supposedly Hue is bringing the power game back to CLE, so I do not see the fit... and as it turned out neither could Seattle.

That makes sense. I'll admit I wasn't necessarily looking at it from a schematic view point, more of a please lord get us some playmakers over 6 foot.

Flynn was drafted in the 7th round for a reason. Osweiler was taken in the second and has everything you want in a QB, plus 4 years of tutelage under Peyton Manning. He may not prove to be a franchise quarterback, but he's already shown he can be a capable starter. Flynn basically played two otherworldly games for the Packers and has stunk it up ever since he signed with the Seahawks in 2012...

Like Flynn didn't hold a clipboard behind Rodgers?

My comparison between Oz and Flynn are both will be paid beyond their worth via Free Agentcy.

Forbes Magazine's take on 5 targets we should aim at...

• Sam Bradford, Quarterback, Philadelphia Eagles UFA
  • Jermaine Kearse, Wide Receiver, Seattle Seahawks UFA
  • Ronnie Hillman, Running Back, Denver Broncos UFA
  • Mohamed Sanu, Wide Receiver, Cincinnati Bengals UFA
  • Courtney Upshaw, Linebacker, Baltimore Ravens UFA
http://www.forbes.com/sites/evanmassey/2016/02/13/cleveland-browns-5-potential-2016-nfl-free-agency-targets/2/#47c4283d6b48

Personally I think Forbes should stick to investment analysis...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/evanmassey/2016/02/13/cleveland-browns-5-potential-2016-nfl-free-agency-targets/2/#47c4283d6b48Personally I think Forbes should stick to investment analysis...

Here's my top 5

Stanton. Az.

Irving Seattle

Sanu. Cinn

M. Johnson. Den

Forte. Chi

Here's my top 5

Stanton. Az.

Irving Seattle

Sanu. Cinn

M. Johnson. Den

Forte. Chi

What would Forte do for us? At this point, he's only a slightly better runner than Crowell and Duke catches the passes around here. Sure, Forte can do both, but he's so old now I'm not sure how many plays he can be out there for. Although I do know that in 2014 he lead backs in percentage of snaps played, ahead of Le'Veon Bell.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/evanmassey/2016/02/13/cleveland-browns-5-potential-2016-nfl-free-agency-targets/2/#47c4283d6b48

Personally I think Forbes should stick to investment analysis...

Me likey Upshaw.

Courtney Upshaw. Hue should have a good feeling on this kid, if he hits the market. Got to think Forte fits in Zona if cap space? Unless Arians has seen enough on nfl beaten up RB's? Like the kid Zona finished with at RB but none of them have the catching hands of Forte?

Joe has started lobbying...

Joe Thomas: We won’t get better if Alex Mack, Mitchell Schwartz leave

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/02/14/joe-thomas-we-wont-get-better-if-alex-mack-mitchell-schwartz-leave/

From what Im reading, it kind of sounds like Mack is gonna be able to shop or visit with other teams?.....anyone know if this is right?.....it seems to me that he has a contract and would have to void the deal to become a free agent first....which is "his" roll of the dice, if your askin me.....

Or...maybe he just voids the deal, thinking we'll take him back no matter what.....(unless we sign a C first, of course)

From what Im reading, it kind of sounds like Mack is gonna be able to shop or visit with other teams?.....anyone know if this is right?.....it seems to me that he has a contract and would have to void the deal to become a free agent first....which is "his" roll of the dice, if your askin me.....

Or...maybe he just voids the deal, thinking we'll take him back no matter what.....(unless we sign a C first, of course)

Yeah, I think he has to opt out first, otherwise his contract is not expiring, so wouldn't be subject to the 'legal tampering' or whatever it is.

lol... Cleveland Browns: No player worthy...

Man, we need to fix that.

On Mack... unusual case since he can be a UFA at the snap of his fingers. Would seem that during the "Legal tampering period" Mack's agent would be able to talk to teams... so long as *cough* he does not *cough* *cough* discuss $$$ *cough*...

Denver, KC & Sea. on defensive side of ball has a lot of seasoned player that are going to get capped out. Could out do drafting mid to late round reaches. Most defiantly could help on a talent staved roster like ours. But can 3 Harvard guys convince Haslem on that $$ after watching a Bow$, Whitner & Dramon Williams? Analytic crunching, stay tuned

Archived