THE BROWNS BOARD

Free Agency 2016

Tim Couch Pulls Out

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Browns Expected To Pursue Bengals WR Mohamed Sanu In Free Agency

Jamaal Charles: Rumour is he is done with the Chiefs.....worth a punt ?

Got enough 8-13 years of service guys on this team. The wheels start falling off @ 30ish.. Examples-Bow$, Dez Bryant, K. Dansby, Hartline(29), Kruger, Mack, Whitner & Tramon Williams most of these contracts end 2017 or 18. Prime FA's our 25ish looking for a 2nd or 3rd contract. Their final contract is all about $$. Unless your name is McCown(36) or Andy Lee(33)

Interesting take on cuts with an eye to not just the 2016 cap, but also the 2017, which is when a real FA push would be more likely to begin.

Many of the usual suspects, but a couple of others...

http://www.dawgsbynature.com/2016/2/19/11075336/which-players-on-the-cleveland-browns-could-become-roster-casualties

Damn good read T.^^^ Sure would have been nice to find a trading partner on JM b4 he blew up himself. Just cannot explain what Farmer was thinking on Bowe & never will.

Damn good read T.^^^ Sure would have been nice to find a trading partner on JM b4 he blew up himself. Just cannot explain what Farmer was thinking on Bowe & never will.

A Manziel trade wouldn't have happened until the league year starts in March, wouldn't any team who agreed to trade for JM back out following the latest incident?

Should have happened at our bye week. If Haslem had Sashi in his pocket as GM at bye. Farmer should have been fired, Sashi put in place to get possible extension done on Schwartz. League should extend trade dead line for dummies that want out, after @Pitt & @KC JM had possible buyers?

Mel Kiper top 3 FA impact players 1.D.Trevathan 2.Malek Jackson & #3. As Mel is a Ravens homer a RT/G(Schwartz?) Kelechi Osemele 6'5" 330lbs. age 26. All same as Schwartz but 10 lbs. heavier. Took a look at tape & started all 16 games @ RT in 16. This dude has got some nasty. Balt. would be a fool not resigning him though. Ravens only have 5M of useable cap but, news is asking Flaco to take less $$. Monroe @T no imo.

I can't see many/any late twenties or 30+ free agents being signed. Just not where we're at. Not looking for a guy to play at a good level for a couple of years while we make a championship run.

Like someone said somewhere else, most likely guys earning their first FA contract, mid twenties, guys we can have around for 4-8 years and really be part of the team. Like Sanu, I guess.

Speaking of Sanu (yes I'm replying to myself, nobody else is up yet over there), lots of obvious reports linking him to the browns. Question is, since he was so underutilised in Cincy, why would Hue Jackson want him? Presumably he didn't think enough of him to get him really involved as a full time contributor. Sure, they have AJ Green on one side, but a bunch of very-beat-out-able guys on the other.

Speaking of Sanu (yes I'm replying to myself, nobody else is up yet over there), lots of obvious reports linking him to the browns. Question is, since he was so underutilised in Cincy, why would Hue Jackson want him? Presumably he didn't think enough of him to get him really involved as a full time contributor. Sure, they have AJ Green on one side, but a bunch of very-beat-out-able guys on the other.

Marvin Jones was on the other side if I recall.

While Sanu may have been the 3rd WR in Cincy, that doesn't mean he would be relegated to the same role in Cleveland. He would very likely be the 2nd WR.

Looked at drops and was surprised to see Sanu was judged to have none in 2015.

Roughly 2/3rds of the times he was trageted the pass was complete.

Marvin Jones was on the other side if I recall.

While Sanu may have been the 3rd WR in Cincy, that doesn't mean he would be relegated to the same role in Cleveland. He would very likely be the 2nd WR.

Is Sanu taller than 5'-4"?

Is Sanu taller than 5'-4"?

He's 6'2". I have always liked him. We'll see what happens, but whether through draft and/or free agency, I think most of our WRs get bigger this coming season.

Mike

Agree... Jones over Sanu, but if Mathews is available how could you not explore that.

​Especially given our success in signing Miami FA WRs...

Garrett @ combine presser announces DE Greg Hardy now FA. And Blows my Trade down to 4 if Wentz. With DE Randy Gregory suspended Bosa may have a star on his head..

probably too old based on the analytic mindset of the team. The free agents they'll be looking at are the guys just coming off their rookie contracts and not guys at the end of the line looking for one last pay day but you never know.

Archived