THE BROWNS BOARD

This Week in the Super Bowl

Zombo

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Link or it didn't happen.

Here's a pretty good read on it to include some video. To be fair, what I meant when I say "similar manner" is that he did things many consider "being a bad sport" after he lost.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/peyton-manning-cam-newton-poor-sportsmanship-super-bowl-50_us_56b8b0a5e4b01d80b246fa26

Edit: Just to review my point, all I'm saying is I personally don't give a shit about either of those things. Cam sulking or Manning not shaking hands may not be ideal, but you just lost the biggest game of your life in many ways. I just don't think it's that important in the grand scheme of things.

what? Cam showboats all season long, throws a Seattle flag to the ground, etc etc etc,

and then profoundly pouts in a post game interview, gets a superhero costume in a commercial...

...and that is supposed to be the same as Peyton and his team walking off the field...

seriously?

dammit.

google "Peyton Manning rude and pouty puss in post game interview"

you'll get nothin, cept this:

He politely and justifiably explained that asking if he was "embarrassed" was offensive,

and simply said he didn't appreciate it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-manning-insulted-reporter-asks-embarassed-broncos-loss-145834429--nfl.html;_ylt=A0LEVjlzK7pWvxUAeiAPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByNXM5bzY5BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

what? Cam showboats all season long, throws a Seattle flag to the ground, etc etc etc,

and then profoundly pouts in a post game interview, gets a superhero costume in a commercial...

...and that is supposed to be the same as Peyton and his team walking off the field...

seriously?

dammit.

google "Peyton Manning rude and pouty puss in post game interview"

you'll get nothin, cept this:

He politely and justifiably explained that asking if he was "embarrassed" was offensive,

and simply said he didn't appreciate it.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/peyton-manning-insulted-reporter-asks-embarassed-broncos-loss-145834429--nfl.html;_ylt=A0LEVjlzK7pWvxUAeiAPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByNXM5bzY5BGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMzBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

*Manning walking off the field without shaking a single hand or congratulating anyone, which is extremely commonly referred to as bad sportsmanship. Manning also shamelessly plugged Papa Johns and Budweiser in his friking post game comments, so talking about commercials as a counterpoint is plain dumb.

Since I'm guessing you didn't look much into the article, it also shows a very gracious Cam Newton smiling and congratulating Manning. Manning himself said Newton was very humble. But somehow Manning being a sore loser and sulking off the field is less than a guy not talking during a post-game interview? Would you rather him have said, "well it sucks we lost but I'm sure glad Greek Oikos is there to make me happy!" like Manning did. Get the fuck over yourself, seriously.

Could've handled it a lot better. But Marshall Faulk even said after the game you can't prepare for what that feels like to have your ass handed to you in a game you thought you would win.

Marshall nailed it... I don't think any of the Panthers could conceive of losing this game before they did... least of all Cam.

. Manning also shamelessly plugged Papa Johns and Budweiser in his friking post game comments, so talking about commercials as a counterpoint is plain dumb.

Ha....duly noted....those Budweiser comments were a bit awkward.....at least he's not going to Disney World too.....

Whoever thought that Coldplay was a good idea should be drug out into the streets and raped with an ice auger.

Being at my pals house for the game- and he's volume averse (could barely hear the halftime show) re did it on my 1,000 watt+ home system, and I have to say they could have done way better than Coldplay for the show. Ghoolie is right about Beyonce being a good candidate for pole dancing. I did think GaGa did a nice National Anthem......

Well I'm happy for my nephew who owns Bronco season tickets. He lost his 41 year old wife of two years in Oct. due to thrown clots to the lungs. He won the Broncos ticket holder lottery to get Superbowl tickets and went out to San Fran to attend the game.

Sorry to hear about that Ag-

But you mean I got a chance at tix if it ever happens? Me and Ballpeen have been arguing about the odds. After the teams dish out tickets to players, major sponsors, etc- how many are left for the season ticket holders? Not quite fair if they just do a random drawing. There's families who have held Browns season tickets all the way back to 1946, I wouldn't put them on equal footing for people that just held their tickets for a couple of years. Make it like the NBA Draft Lottery. You get one ping pong ball for every year you've held tickets.

it's not the first time newton has acted in a childish manner. everything is great when you're dabbing over a team you just beat. don't be all upset and ready to cry when it happens to you.

just like punk bullies, there's always someone bigger and badder than you.

Well, win with class, lose with class. Cam- win like Tarzan, lose like Jane.

Give a shit about his post game interview. But pretty much shows what Cam is all about. Poor guy can't take another player taking about the strategy that beat him.

If I was one his team, I'd be more pissed about him not jumping on a fumble that was right in front of him in a do or die situation, but instead he back pedaled away from it. Then said today that it didn't even matter anyway. Not why they lost the game. How the fuck do you know Cam? Pussy. Hopefully he never makes it back to the Super Bowl so he can remember that time he gave up when he was there.

Also liked his two year old temper tantrum he threw in his own end zone begging for a flag on a hit that wasn't even close to being a penalty. Looked like a kid at the grocery store not getting the cereal he wanted.

Sorry to hear about that Ag-

But you mean I got a chance at tix if it ever happens? Me and Ballpeen have been arguing about the odds. After the teams dish out tickets to players, major sponsors, etc- how many are left for the season ticket holders? Not quite fair if they just do a random drawing. There's families who have held Browns season tickets all the way back to 1946, I wouldn't put them on equal footing for people that just held their tickets for a couple of years. Make it like the NBA Draft Lottery. You get one ping pong ball for every year you've held tickets.

He has 4 tickets season tickets together and 2 season tickets together. My brother told me that the two were the ones that hit the lottery that the Broncos had and that only 7% of the season ticket holders win the right to purchase the Superbowl tickets in that lottery. During the regular season he sells from 2-4 tickets each home game which makes him come out even in off years and well ahead in good years. He takes friends and family with him on the ones he keeps. He took his best friend with him and they split the cost of a room in San Fran. He has had those tickets since he was about 18. They are now very hard to break into as a new season ticket holder. Almost has to come as an inheritance. I'm just happy the Broncos won for him a few months after losing her. Takes a bit of the sting away.

Ha....duly noted....those Budweiser comments were a bit awkward.....at least he's not going to Disney World too.....

He actually is in Disney world oddly enough, he did a long interview with SC and was awkwardly talking about the rides by name. According to Budweiser they didn't pay him to say that stuff, but marketwatch said those two mentions were worth 3.2 million bucks in time. Oh, this is probably a good time to mention he does own shares in the Budweiser company though. That, in addition to Papa John being greeted before his wife and kids even, makes me believe it wasn't random at all. I'm not morally against that though, just funny more than anything actually.

If I was one his team, I'd be more pissed about him not jumping on a fumble that was right in front of him in a do or die situation, but instead he back pedaled away from it. Then said today that it didn't even matter anyway. Not why they lost the game. How the fuck do you know Cam? Pussy. Hopefully he never makes it back to the Super Bowl so he can remember that time he gave up when he was there.

THIS is something Cam deserves to be called out on, that was easily the worst thing he did all night compared to muttering short answers to a crowd.

Then said today that it didn't even matter anyway. Not why they lost the game. How the fuck do you know Cam? Pussy.

If he said that then he is even dumber than anyone thought. Down by 6 and give away at least a FG making it a 2 score game with 4 minutes or so to go? If he didn't understand that that was the game ball laying there, then he truly has no fundamental understanding of the game.

He has 4 tickets season tickets together and 2 season tickets together. My brother told me that the two were the ones that hit the lottery that the Broncos had and that only 7% of the season ticket holders win the right to purchase the Superbowl tickets in that lottery. During the regular season he sells from 2-4 tickets each home game which makes him come out even in off years and well ahead in good years. He takes friends and family with him on the ones he keeps. He took his best friend with him and they split the cost of a room in San Fran. He has had those tickets since he was about 18. They are now very hard to break into as a new season ticket holder. Almost has to come as an inheritance. I'm just happy the Broncos won for him a few months after losing her. Takes a bit of the sting away.

:) That's why I get royally POed about jerks (regarding the Browns) who say- "make a statement, dump your season tickets" They just don't understand. Yeah- after 15 years of lousy football the cheap seats are readily available. BUT the el primos- between the 30s, lower deck get handed down in wills.

FWIW, when they sold PSLs for Cleveland back in 1995 I knew it was now or never to get decent seats- so I got in on my lifelong friend's seniority- he already had 17 years worth back then. Um, that got us literally last row in the upper deck on the 50. You needed 30 years+ to rate decent lower deck. Over the years we've improved down to the 20 yard line lower- and I think that's probably as good as we're ever going to get.

So to the bozos who want me to make a statement- it would cost me at least $20k to buy back in when the Browns start winning. No one in the premium seating is dumb enough to just walk away, thar's gold in them thar seats.

:) That's why I get royally POed about jerks (regarding the Browns) who say- "make a statement, dump your season tickets" They just don't understand. Yeah- after 15 years of lousy football the cheap seats are readily available. BUT the el primos- between the 30s, lower deck get handed down in wills.

FWIW, when they sold PSLs for Cleveland back in 1995 I knew it was now or never to get decent seats- so I got in on my lifelong friend's seniority- he already had 17 years worth back then. Um, that got us literally last row in the upper deck on the 50. You needed 30 years+ to rate decent lower deck. Over the years we've improved down to the 20 yard line lower- and I think that's probably as good as we're ever going to get.

So to the bozos who want me to make a statement- it would cost me at least $20k to buy back in when the Browns start winning. No one in the premium seating is dumb enough to just walk away, thar's gold in them thar seats.

People who would ask you to dump your season tickets are bozos. That being said a mass one game boycott would send a message.

Cam comes off as a self-centered jerk that will rub it in your face when he is winning and stomp away when he loses. If he was traded to the Browns I'd buy the jersey yesterday.

lol... spoken like a true fan...

Agree... I can't remember ever seeing self-preservation kick in quite like that.

And Manning went to Disneyland...

His excuse was even worse IMO that his legs were in a funny position and he could have gotten hurt. Honestly, Cam realized the chance for injury was good there and weighed his personal health over the team. That play is what people need to talk about in terms of Cam "growing up" because it shows where he is 10000% more than a muttering of words.

I wonder if Disneyland serves cold, refreshing Budweiser?

What about Disney World. Surely at one of the restaurants at Epcot you can get a Bud.

Epcot does indeed have beer. I assume Bud.

But I recommend going to "Germany" and getting one of these bad boys

biergarten.jpg

Epcot does indeed have beer. I assume Bud.

But I recommend going to "Germany" and getting one of these bad boys

biergarten.jpg

I can actually answer this question-the only place that serves alcohol in the park worth a crap is the countries section (as seen above). There's a very fun game to play at Disney called drink around the world where you have to do a drink at all 12 countries.

I can actually answer this question-the only place that serves alcohol in the park worth a crap is the countries section (as seen above). There's a very fun game to play at Disney called drink around the world where you have to do a drink at all 12 countries.

Heyyy... Ive played that game without even knowing it....probably coulda woulda shoulda won a prize.....;)

Is Belgium one of those countries? Sign me up.

There's a very fun game to play... called drink around the world where you have to do a drink at all 12 countries.

Best I have managed in a single trip was 5... but then they were real countries... Netherlands, Germany, Austria, Italy and Switzerland.

Archived