THE BROWNS BOARD

The fix is in for Denver

Pumpkin Eater

So what's worse, celebrating touchdowns or intentionally facemasking an opponent to try to hurt an opponent?

Great point... add that Talib was dumb enough to brag about it after the fact.

So what's worse, celebrating touchdowns or intentionally facemasking an opponent to try to hurt an opponent? The Broncos are the punks, they probably intentionally hurt Stewart too.

One has nothing to do with the other. If you weren't Newton's little fanboy you'd be grumbling about that kind of behavior.

"act like you've been there before!"

Of course the dirty face mask didn't lose the game for the Panthers. Cam Newtons surprisingly poor play did.

WSS

One has nothing to do with the other. If you weren't Newton's little fanboy you'd be grumbling about that kind of behavior.

"act like you've been there before!"

Of course the dirty face mask didn't lose the game for the Panthers. Cam Newtons surprisingly poor play did.

WSS

lol. This coming from a Johnny Manziel fanboy, the same Johnny who busted some gals eardrum and still has your support, let alone the money signs, shows up to practice drunk and exhibits a pure shit show on the field. But oh no let's not celebrate a touchdown or winning a game. Let's facemask people, celebrate shitty play, beat up our women, play drunk and like shit, WSS says it's ok.

lets move on.

Congrats & good luck rehabbing a knee to former buckeye TE Jeff Heuerman. Heuerman a National Champion in 2014 with OSU. 2015 Jeff was drafted by Denver in 3rd round (92). Heuerman blew his knee out in mini camp before any roster cuts. Assuming he was placed on IR, Does Heurman get a fat SB Ring too??

lol. This coming from a Johnny Manziel fanboy, the same Johnny who busted some gals eardrum and still has your support, let alone the money signs, shows up to practice drunk and exhibits a pure shit show on the field. But oh no let's not celebrate a touchdown or winning a game. Let's facemask people, celebrate shitty play, beat up our women, play drunk and like shit, WSS says it's ok.

And again one has nothing to do with the other. Also hilarious coming from anyone who wet his little panties about the money sign. Hey the Carolina Panthers have fun dancing and laughing and taunting their opponents in their shitty little cake division not just touchdowns but after sacks receptions and big hits.

Now the Punk loses the game for his teammates probably for not taking a good defense seriously and you are on his dick.

The recent Colleen Crowley incidents are the only ones that even approach being legal problems and the only ones I would greatly be concerned about. If and when he is convicted and punished my opinion on those two, well one, will probably change.

WSS

I have no idea why cam didn't go for that fumble. When he stopped I was dumbfounded.

Me too bb. I see the the Broncos's winning lottery ticket laying on the ground in front of the only guy that might change the outcome and he just lets it go. And even in the light of the next day interview he still doesn't understand he gave up the game there. That to me is just as dumbfounding as not going for it. How does he not understand the significance both at the time and in the light of the next day? Unfuckingbelievable! :excl:

Celebrating amongst themselves is taunting? You say it's a different issue but it's not. Just because you say something doesn't make it true. They all have to do with sportsmanship and character. You pissed off that they've been to 2 superbowls in their 20 year existence while probably winning more playoff games in that span than the Browns have in their history? It sucks, but I started following the panthers when they came into the league because the Browns were gone. Now I can't root against them. They obviously have better owners than the Browns have had.

That being said I can't believe Newton didn't jump on that fumble. His excuse is bunk too. Hopefully he realizes his mistake and will be different in the future.

Celebrating amongst themselves is taunting? They all have to do with sportsmanship and character.

It's pretty clearly a generational thing with the planned celebrations, preening and taunting......seems like the younger generations love it and the older generations dont.....(with exceptions, of course)

And for those that love it, the perception is one of having fun and celebration.....and for those that dont love it, the perception is one of poor sportsmanship and/or a lack of class.....

Personally, I think "trademark celebrations" or "planned celebrations" are pretty stupid and cringe whenever our guys do it..... but I certainly think players should be allowed to celebrate within reason and spontaneous celebrations are pretty normal and should be expected....

No, pumpkin eater, just a little celebration isn't what I would call taunting. Crouching down screaming and waving your finger in the face of the guy on the ground is. That's all.

Frankly I don't have any particular hate for the Carolina Panthers, maybe only slightly more than most other teams that don't wear brown and orange.

But I do think that celebration boy acted like a punk at the presser. Your mileage may differ.

WSS

It's pretty clearly a generational thing with the planned celebrations, preening and taunting......seems like the younger generations love it and the older generations dont.....(with exceptions, of course)

And for those that love it, the perception is one of having fun and celebration.....and for those that dont love it, the perception is one of poor sportsmanship and/or a lack of class.....

Personally, I think "trademark celebrations" or "planned celebrations" are pretty stupid and cringe whenever our guys do it..... but I certainly think players should be allowed to celebrate within reason and spontaneous celebrations are pretty normal and should be expected....

It never bothered me at all to see Cam go up to the stands and find a child to give the football to after a score.

At the same time I also admire players like Bama's Derrick Henry who merely drops the ball on the ground or gives it to the ref after every score. I hope he continues doing that in the pros.

At the same time I also admire players like Bama's Derrick Henry who merely drops the ball on the ground or gives it to the ref after every score

That's my preference ala the ole Jim Brown..... "act like you've been there before"....

But I dont get all bent out of shape when they do their dance stuff or act childish at a pressy....heck, it all looks childish to me...

There have been some good ones tho....my favorite was TO and the sharpie....that was great!

That's my preference ala the ole Jim Brown..... "act like you've been there before"....

But I dont get all bent out of shape when they do their dance stuff or act childish at a pressy....heck, it all looks childish to me...

There have been some good ones tho....my favorite was TO and the sharpie....that was great!

The Ickey shuffle was funny, but maybe not to Browns fans. :)

I also think it spauned the excessive celebration rule too...

I believe that would be the Washington "Fun Bunch" and their hand grenade celebration.

The first I can remember, Billy White Shoes' Funky Chicken, still makes me cringe... not because it was a celebration, but because it was a bad one.

I believe that would be the Washington "Fun Bunch" and their hand grenade celebration.The first I can remember, Billy White Shoes' Funky Chicken, still makes me cringe... not because it was a celebration, but because it was a bad one.

I thought the Skins called themselves the Smurfs? (I could be wrong)

The first guy I recall doing his end zone dance was KC's Elmo Wright.

http://www.nytimes.com/2005/11/13/sports/ncaafootball/father-of-endzone-dance-explains-his-happy-feet.html?_r=0

I thought the Skins called themselves the Smurfs? (I could be wrong)

Yeah...they did....had 3 short receivers, but cant remember their names....though Art Monk was one of em, I do believe....

Here's my favorite endzone celebration.....

$T2eC16NHJHQFFh+809OtBR4HouMZmw~~60_35.J

31f646613790ac8150b3ec0f5c9aea96.jpg

Yeah...they did....had 3 short receivers, but cant remember their names....though Art Monk was one of em, I do believe....

Ricky Sanders and Charlie Brown were two others... may have been another.

Smurfs were WRs, but they added RBs, TEs and even OL to make up the fun bunch. Highly choreographed celebrations.

Finally the NFL stepped in and said enough is enough...

Ricky Sanders and Charlie Brown were two others... may have been another.

Sounds right to me.....they probably looked a lot like our receiving corp....

For whatever reason, I always think the smurfs were Oilers.....did they also have midget receivers or was it just the Oiler Blue?

Sounds right to me.....they probably looked a lot like our receiving corp....

For whatever reason, I always think the smurfs were Oilers.....did they also have midget receivers or was it just the Oiler Blue?

Could be both.

Billy White Shoes Johnson was an Oiler's receiver and IIRC not very tall.

Edit: Just looked it up, he was 5' 10".

But Kenny Burroughs was tall... Other receiver was Ray the Rabbit's kid, Mike Renfro.

I do not recall any group nicknames in the Luv Ya Blue days... a lot of individual nicknames including The Tyler Rose, but no group names.

But Kenny Burroughs was tall... Other receiver was Ray the Rabbit's kid, Mike Renfro.

I do not recall any group nicknames in the Luv Ya Blue days... a lot of individual nicknames including The Tyler Rose, but no group names.

Ironic that the Luv Ya Blue Oilers were head coached by Bum Phillips and several decades later his son Wade would run one of the greatest Superbowl defensive efforts on record to take Superbowl 50 from the Panthers after throttling two other excellent playoff teams to get there.

And somewhere in there was Ernest Givens.....and the electric glide.....

Ironic that the Luv Ya Blue Oilers were head coached by Bum Phillips and several decades later his son Wade would run one of the greatest Superbowl defensive efforts on record to take Superbowl 50 from the Panthers after throttling two other excellent playoff teams to get there.

For a team that I was programmed to hate, I always liked Bum Phillips.....I remember Earl Campbell couldnt finish the 1 mile run and when Bum was asked about it he said...Your right. So when it's 1st and a mile, I wont give him the ball....HA!

Bum was as beloved as any HC of any team ever has been... by fans as well as players. He was to the Oilers was Sam was to the Browns.

My fav Bum-ism on Earl... "He may not be in a class by himself, but it does not take long to call the role."

Bum was as beloved as any HC of any team ever has been... by fans as well as players. He was to the Oilers was Sam was to the Browns.

My fav Bum-ism on Earl... "He may not be in a class by himself, but it does not take long to call the role."

On Don Shula: "He can take his'n and beat yur'n or he could take yur'n and beat his'n.

Archived