THE BROWNS BOARD

Defense

Zombo

The panthers D did enough to allow the panthers O to go and win the game. They only gave up, what, 14 points, once you take out the takeaways that went for 7 and 3.

The Broncos D won the game regardless pretty much on their own. Worst winning O in superbowl history.

who cares if the o was the worst, they won the game...that is all that matters...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yep....and a whopping 4 sacks.....

But I would add that Horton got the most out of mingo, who had a more productive year in 2013 than Kruger or Sheard....so there's a glimmer of hope there.....

i'd like to know when the last time mingo had a tackle behing the los....i don't know if it is the scheme they have him in...,I hardly hear his name mentioned in any game at all...he had a nice int against denver, but other than that, he's not a dominant lb by any means...guess we should have kept sheard..he's better...

i'd like to know when the last time mingo had a tackle behing the los....i don't know if it is the scheme they have him in...,I hardly hear his name mentioned in any game at all...he had a nice int against denver, but other than that, he's not a dominant lb by any means...guess we should have kept sheard..he's better...

I agree....Mingos 2 shining moments this season were both in coverage....outside of that, he didnt do much at all....

And Sheard would probably have been better than Kruger was, though he really wasnt suited to playing LB. He was great his first few years at DE and he did great at DE in NE.....but was pretty limited and played average at OLB...

Bottom line...Kruger had the big contract and Sheard was a FA and there just wasnt a role here for both of them.....

Although I agree that you can win with mostly defense and a managing offense. Remember that Baltimore started it and Denver just did what Baltimore did. This has been proven to work but it takes a special coach to get it right. Also, the reason why we have not been able to do this is that the offense has to be able to get some 1st downs to keep the other teams offense off of the field and give their defense a rest at times. We have had problems with that second one and adding to that the fact that we keep giving the ball away so the other team has great field position to start.

Although I agree that you can win with mostly defense and a managing offense. Remember that Baltimore started it and Denver just did what Baltimore did.

Im gonna guess that you are young....Baltimore just repeated what has been done many times before......the Stools, Raiders, Vikings, Denver, Chicago Bears, Bucs and NY Giants paved that road long ago.....(to name a few)

Great D's have ruled the league for decades and they get cool names too :) ......like the Legion of Doom, The Killer B's, The Orange Crush, The Purple People Eaters, Doomsday Defense, Monsters of the Midway, The No Name D, The Steel Curtain, The Fearsome Foursome, New York Sack Exchange,etc......

and, of course, the Dawgs :)

Ravens, Seahawks and Denver are just johnny come latelys.....

Great Offenses that really stick out???.....Air Coryell and the Hoggs are the only ones I can remember...and there's a reason for that ;)

No reason we can't draft good defensive players or LBers after round one.

I'm retyping stuff I put in the 1 thread I started today but look at what Pitt has always done after round 1 with the OLBer/Edge Rush position vrs what they've done in the first round.

After round 1-undrafted...

Greg Lloyd, Joey Pottymouth Porter, Jason Gildon, Chad Brown, Lamar Woodley, and the undrafted James Harrison

Round 1:

Huey Richardson, Jarvis Jones, Bud Dupree

First round has never been the necessity there....

Im gonna guess that you are young....Baltimore just repeated what has been done many times before......the Stools, Raiders, Vikings, Denver, Chicago Bears, Bucs and NY Giants paved that road long ago.....(to name a few)

Great D's have ruled the league for decades and they get cool names too :) ......like the Legion of Doom, The Killer B's, The Orange Crush, The Purple People Eaters, Doomsday Defense, Monsters of the Midway, The No Name D, The Steel Curtain, The Fearsome Foursome, New York Sack Exchange,etc......

and, of course, the Dawgs :)

Ravens, Seahawks and Denver are just johnny come latelys.....

Great Offenses that really stick out???.....Air Coryell and the Hoggs are the only ones I can remember...and there's a reason for that ;)

Greatest show on turf.

Although I agree that you can win with mostly defense and a managing offense. Remember that Baltimore started it and Denver just did what Baltimore did. This has been proven to work but it takes a special coach to get it right. Also, the reason why we have not been able to do this is that the offense has to be able to get some 1st downs to keep the other teams offense off of the field and give their defense a rest at times. We have had problems with that second one and adding to that the fact that we keep giving the ball away so the other team has great field position to start.

So a Superbowl record low of 194 yds is your idea of an offense moving the ball enough to keep the defense off the field? OK

Archived